Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,848 members, 7,872,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:37 PM

11 Things You Should Check In Your Car Regularly - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 11 Things You Should Check In Your Car Regularly (31798 Views)

10 Important Things To Check Regularly In Your Car / Five Fluids You Should Check To Keep Your Car Running Smoothly / Nigerians Take The "Take Your Car On A Date" Trend To A Higher Level (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Things You Should Check In Your Car Regularly by MrJames007: 12:29pm On Apr 13, 2020
Re: 11 Things You Should Check In Your Car Regularly by Flier: 12:30pm On Apr 13, 2020
Test drive to where ? Clueless blogger
Re: 11 Things You Should Check In Your Car Regularly by Numero9: 12:36pm On Apr 13, 2020
So after checking the car (regularly), where are we driving it to?
Re: 11 Things You Should Check In Your Car Regularly by osinawanta(m): 12:39pm On Apr 13, 2020
Nice but we don't need car wahala now
We need solution to our stomach hunger
Re: 11 Things You Should Check In Your Car Regularly by sayhi2bammy(m): 12:41pm On Apr 13, 2020
Businext:
Op these are relevant points, but many of us overlook them BECAUSE like checking our health, we don't want to know the problems so we don't have to fear or spend in treatment repairs

Do you think the prices of cars would increase or decrease after this pandemic?
I'm very much interested in knowing especially from car dealers and car experts.

But in addition I'd be grateful if anyone can help me with the pre-pandemic price of -
Toyota Yaris

#LetPostPandemicBeEasy

There's a little hike in price of car presently because of the present exchange rate. Also because of the lockdown, if you want to clear a car at the port ATM, guys are collecting 'big tips' else they will tell you to come back after the lockdown when the port is fully in service because they know storage is counting on your car. All these are actually adding up to the price.
Re: 11 Things You Should Check In Your Car Regularly by NwaIgboBoy(m): 12:49pm On Apr 13, 2020
and lastly stop having sex inside your car it reduces the life-span of the engine....

thank me later ...
Re: 11 Things You Should Check In Your Car Regularly by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 13, 2020
GboyegaD:
Why do you have to check some of the fluids when they are checked every time you service your car?

Sometimes situation can make it leak out without you knowing..

And sometimes most of the engine oil in Nigerian market dry up fast.
Re: 11 Things You Should Check In Your Car Regularly by mixratio(m): 1:20pm On Apr 13, 2020
yeman2012:
op what about us with bike can we also try that??

Lol. When doctor says only one cup of beer everyday.
Re: 11 Things You Should Check In Your Car Regularly by abbatoir(m): 1:34pm On Apr 13, 2020
kikero:

Thank God for your life...but for me, there is nothing more enjoyable than being able to drive my own car. I kind of feel like I am achieving a dream every time i get behind the wheel...because as a child I used to envy people like my dad who could drive (while I could not, because I wasn't old enough')

Infact, having been driving for about ten years now, nothing beats being able to drive , and to enjoy speeding along the highway (at least as far as the bad roads Government refuses to repair allow!)

Even if I become as rich as Dangote , I will still drive my own car.
.. with good sound system

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 Things You Should Check In Your Car Regularly by honeyB2018: 1:39pm On Apr 13, 2020
Carmartng
Thanks alot.
Please Nairalanders, I don't think it is a crime to comment on every thread here. If you have nothing good to say that will benefit all on this forum, keep quiet or keep off the thread
Lots of comment to threads are not helpful at all.

1 Like

Re: 11 Things You Should Check In Your Car Regularly by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 13, 2020
Plz help a soul from dying from hunger, nothing is too small, work has been closed since and hunger is Killing man
0248842313..Gtb
Re: 11 Things You Should Check In Your Car Regularly by GREENLIGHTLAW(m): 2:50pm On Apr 13, 2020
I try as much as I can to keep an eye on every part of my car, except for the fact that money and time are not always enough. Please, I want to ask, am I the only one who have noticed that most cars on Lagos roads do not have one single brake light and for many of them who I've been able to confront when and where it's convenient, I notice, they are not even aware, probably because they are careless with their lives and those of others. I wish we have a functional system.
Re: 11 Things You Should Check In Your Car Regularly by Dollabiz: 2:53pm On Apr 13, 2020
good
Re: 11 Things You Should Check In Your Car Regularly by femi4: 2:57pm On Apr 13, 2020
Extra ball joints...honda folks can relate
Re: 11 Things You Should Check In Your Car Regularly by mu2sa2: 3:25pm On Apr 13, 2020
kikero:

Thank God for your life...but for me, there is nothing more enjoyable than being able to drive my own car. I kind of feel like I am achieving a dream every time i get behind the wheel...because as a child I used to envy people like my dad who could drive (while I could not, because I wasn't old enough')

Infact, having been driving for about ten years now, nothing beats being able to drive , and to enjoy speeding along the highway (at least as far as the bad roads Government refuses to repair allow!)

You have plagiarized my mind.lol!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 Things You Should Check In Your Car Regularly by Grupo(m): 6:00pm On Apr 13, 2020
kikero:

Hmm. Many people say they enjoy the feeling of being behind the wheels. Maybe I'm the only person that doesn't enjoy it.

Driving for me is stress.

1 Like

Re: 11 Things You Should Check In Your Car Regularly by Grupo(m): 6:02pm On Apr 13, 2020
Perocom:

I paid dearly for not checking fluids in my car and that cost me nearly 400k fixing the engine. I commenced a journey without checking the oil in the morning because I just serviced the car just 2days ago and thought all was ok, but 4hours into a journey of 9hrs, the engine smashed into pieces. I almost ran mad, the car was in a particular village in nasarawa state for 1week. Not a good experience to wish my enemy.

shocked

So what happened to the oil? It leaked?
Re: 11 Things You Should Check In Your Car Regularly by Businext: 6:26pm On Apr 13, 2020
sayhi2bammy:

Wow
Thanks
But there's nothing one can do now until the lock down and the economy get normal again.
But for me, it is to keep in view and pray for the best, because I've a budget for that Yaris

#StaySafe
Re: 11 Things You Should Check In Your Car Regularly by Oluwasegun700: 6:57pm On Apr 13, 2020
Please Sir WhatsApp me +233245841846
Gentlemanforyou:
What I noticed is most Nigerians dont maintain their car well, I dont blame them though coz of the bad roads , they fix it and the next week it's broken again especially the legs , but pesin like me once I hear small noise from the legs lasan na to call mechanic straight , even though they are chopping my money , I'm satisfied as long as my baby ( car ) is okay
Re: 11 Things You Should Check In Your Car Regularly by enemyofprogress: 7:36pm On Apr 13, 2020
Ghostmode2two:

Cars that we cannot drive due to lockdown and the OP is talking about cars, it doesn't make any brain at all
Na covid 19 dey worry am
Re: 11 Things You Should Check In Your Car Regularly by donjancd19(m): 1:48am On Apr 14, 2020
Nice write up and very educative.No 1&2 has dealt with me seriously,first knocking down my engine,second one serious accident,Na God save me,I for don become history.Thank God for saving my life that very day.
Re: 11 Things You Should Check In Your Car Regularly by Perocom(m): 10:30am On Apr 15, 2020
Grupo:

shocked

So what happened to the oil? It leaked?

Dried up, like seriously, dried up without any trace of leakage, I was stunned beyond measure. I spent 150k trying to fix it before I ended up buying a new engine for 230k, all these happened in a space of one month. They said evil spirits sometimes drive ones car in the night, don't know what to believe. Just make your check your car every morning before traveling and even when you stop over for a drink, check again, I learnt my lesson the hard way

1 Like

Re: 11 Things You Should Check In Your Car Regularly by kkulaja(m): 4:16pm On Apr 15, 2020
GboyegaD:
Why do you have to check some of the fluids when they are checked every time you service your car?

The sump could hit sometin and. It leaks from there without u knowing
Re: 11 Things You Should Check In Your Car Regularly by Perocom(m): 6:45pm On Apr 24, 2020
bonnyhope:

Servicing a car means you must have top up or drain completely the lubricating oil and put fresh one
How possible all that oil got leaked out of the engine in just 2 days

Exactly my thoughts. My mechanic told me some spirits may have driven the car in the spirit realm while I was asleep, lols I never believed such

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Sets Porsche On Fire While Driver Fills It Up At Petrol Station In China / My Funny Experience Learning How To Drive In Lagos / Would You Buy This 1958 Porsche 550A Spyder For N1.9billion? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.