Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,176 members, 7,880,668 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:46 AM

President Buhari Extends Lockdown For 14 Days - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Extends Lockdown For 14 Days (163 Views)

Buhari Extends Lockdown In Lagos, Abuja, Ogun By 14 Days / Coronavirus: Ekiti Government Extends Lockdown By Two Weeks / Buhari Extends Tenure Of Service Chiefs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Extends Lockdown For 14 Days by Joyce95: 9:31am On Apr 14, 2020
As at the time the president announced the lockdown in March 29 2020, the number of confirmed cases in the world globally was 780,000 by March 30th.

Now after two weeks i.e 14 days it has risen to 1,850,000 people worldwide with confirmed cases which has doubled in two weeks of the lockdown.

In the last 14days, over 70,000 people died of the virus globally.
In Nigeria before the lockdown the cases confirmed was 131 in 12 states.

Now after the lockdown tracing those who may have got in contact with the people with the virus,
as at yesterday morning, we have 323 covid-19 cases.

Covid-19 is not a joke. It is a matter of life and death.
If mosques in Makkah and Madina can be closed down because of this pandemic which is the hub of worship for Muslims the origin of Islam. Mass was celebrated in the whole of St. Peter's Square, the famous Notre-Dame cathedral in Paris on Easter day with less than 10 people then why can't we obey the law and let's fight the war against this pandemic together as a body.

The palliative measures which was introduced by the Federal Government such as food distribution, cash transfer and loans repayment wavier to ease the pains of the restrictive policies during this difficult time.

The President has directed the current social register to expand from 2.6 million households to 3. 6 million households in the next two weeks which means an additional one million homes will benefit from the Social Investment Program.

Covid -19 is presently the world most deadly disease.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Extends Lockdown For 14 Days by Mcphamous(m): 9:59am On Apr 14, 2020
This is a welcome development but my own issue with this is that what plans do they have to reduce the rate of hunger in Nigeria.
Re: President Buhari Extends Lockdown For 14 Days by Lifted2000: 10:00am On Apr 14, 2020
Since this pandemic I now enjoy and appreciate my half plot of farm. I pray everything ends before the end of this 2 weeks.
Re: President Buhari Extends Lockdown For 14 Days by okefrancis: 10:00am On Apr 14, 2020
To me the president Muhammad Buhari has taken the right step in extending the lockdown by 14 days more most especially in Lagos,Ogun and Abuja to minimize the menace .Thank you sir
Re: President Buhari Extends Lockdown For 14 Days by Uphand: 10:56am On Apr 14, 2020
Hope it’s with plan to disburse funds, he might release funds and some bad people will hide the money, this country ehn. Well see my signature below if you have a little capital and want to establish yourself in life.
Re: President Buhari Extends Lockdown For 14 Days by Deputy1111(m): 11:07am On Apr 14, 2020
angry
Re: President Buhari Extends Lockdown For 14 Days by Laghondi2008: 2:37pm On Apr 14, 2020
Is for our own good, in order to contain the spread of Coronavirus and to provide space, time and resources for an aggressive and collective action. May we live to see the end of this pandemic.

(1) (Reply)

Covid-19 Sunday Dare Salutes Sanwo-olu On Plan To Feed 100,000 Lagos State Youth / Nigeria Must Prioritise Revenue Mobilisation—imf / Enugu Governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi's Phone Hacked By Suspected Fraudsters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.