Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,509 members, 7,920,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 02:19 PM

All The Shades Of Blue (bxb) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / All The Shades Of Blue (bxb) (399 Views)

Shades Of Deceit / Shades Of Lust 2 / Shades Of Lust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

All The Shades Of Blue (bxb) by Gaywriter: 3:06pm On Apr 14, 2020
This is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to actual events is merely a coincidence.

Gaywriter's notes: This is not your typical story thread. If you hate this form of narrative please do yourself a favor and not read. Thanks.

Newly Weds Chike and Chisom are having the time of their lives navigating married life in a fast growing city that would drain the last air bubbles in their lungs. Things seem like it's made in heaven until Chike reunite with Nonso who he had an amorous relationship with in the past.

All the shades of blue. Life is not in black and white alone.

WATCH OUT.

Re: All The Shades Of Blue (bxb) by Gaywriter: 3:44pm On Apr 14, 2020

CHIKE. He doesn't have the perfect smile for the lens. He's not use to faking smiles for a bunch of guests he barely knows but it's not as if he has a choice. His father is about to erase his name from his will so this has got to be the only way he saves his neck.

He has never met her before but Ada says she's the sweetest girl she knows. What if he doesn't fall in love with her? "Worry about, what if she doesn't fall in love with me?" Ada laughs, she certainly don't know how serious this is for Chike.

Just smile that's the secret his mother would have given him if she was here and not six feet below somewhere in an unkempt unattended cementary with no lilies on her tombstone.

Deep breath but he's not a child and he doesn't need to be reminded again how this favors him more than his father.

"She's pretty with 500 k IG followers..."

"What, she is some Instagram celebrity?"

"What I am trying to say is that, do you know how many men dms her on a daily basis but she chose you."

"She didn't choose me. I think she's just as bleeped up as I am."

Perfect. Chike finishes the trim in his beard and smirk at his reflection. Oh this man loves himself, no wonder he feels no one can love him more than he loves himself.

"What if she's supercial? Not as deep as me?"

"You are deep? It's been 15 minutes and you are still staring at yourself in the mirror. If she's supercial then she is your type."

Ada have a laugh over these words but Chike doesn't find it comical at all.

He turns to her. Seeing how much fun she is making out of his ordeal.

"Can you be a big sister for once and tell me not to do this?"

"Can you stop been a cry baby for once. You are thirty Chike. What better time to get married than this?"

"You are still unmarried."

"Divorced..."

"Why did you divorce?"

"Cause my husband was a dick."

"You didn't marry the right man, just say it."

"Stop with me. Let's go before Dad come in here. You know him."

Ada moves to the door. Reaches for the door knob.

"Why don't you ever talk about him though. Was he that bad?" Chike asks.

Ada turns back.

" Worse but you are marrying a good girl. You are the lucky one."

Ada shuts the door behind her and Chike turns back to the mirror. At everything he has given up for this moment. Even his blue hair.
Re: All The Shades Of Blue (bxb) by Gaywriter: 1:35am On Apr 20, 2020
CHISOM. Eye bags. Many sleepless nights crying herself to sleep. Freckles. She was born with them. So she needs half the bottle of foundation to cover this scary tracks. Yes, scary tracks, that's what she calls it.

Days like this, she would just hide under her sheet and sleep till sun down but not on a day like this. Chike is coming over. She has seen pictures of him. She thinks he's cute. He has a baby face, making it hard to believe he's already thirty.

Would he like her? Let's deal with like first. Cause thinking about love would be going too far.

Well it would be easier for both of them, if they somehow like themselves at first sight. This whole thing wouldn't feel like a bad dream taking too long.

The door opens and Aduke springs in. Carrying her usual pleasing smile that somehow works the magic when Chisom's in a foul mood. She speaks in the most horrible Yoruba accent that Chisom finds amusing.

"Iyawo..." Aduke teases.

"That's not funny Aduke," Chisom roll her eyes. This isn't a joke to her. It's obviously annoying to even make a joke out of it.

"Hah just joking...sorry Big aunty."

"Don't mind me Aduke. It's the nerves I think."

"Nerve? Hah, make I bring the medicine?"

" No. It will only make me fall asleep and they will be here in no time."

Chisom sits back on the bed. All dressed up. Make up on check. Heels she never wore for ages and that dress her mother bought for her on her many trips to Dubai.

She looks at Aduke. Meeting the smile on her face that hints her stomach is full with gists but Chisom is not in the mood.

"Oya what did you hear?"

Happy to tell the gist, Aduke sits.

"I hear say the boy papa threaten to comot him name from him will if him no marry you."

Where did she hear this from now? Gossip flies amongst the domestic staffs of the Elites but what difference does this make anyway? Chisom is paying a price on her own. It's her father's wish to walk her to the aisle before cancer eats his lungs completely.

"Where did you hear that from Aduke?"

"Nah Suliyat way dey work for Dem nah tell me."

No smoke without fire but still what difference does it make? She is also doing this hell or high water, so...

But just a little rethink if he's been coersed to marry her and she's been emotional blackmailed to marry him then it's nothing but two people been forced against their will to marry. Could it get any worse?

She still believe they will like themselves at first sight.

The door flings open again. Forcing Aduke to her feet. It's her mother. Wearing her usual all his well smile.

"They are here."

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Sell A Book I Just Wrote? / Writer Urgently Needed / Obsessed With Writing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.