Stats: 3,190,846 members, 7,942,117 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 08:44 PM

Toyota Sienna Or Camry, Which One To Go For - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Sienna Or Camry, Which One To Go For (4117 Views)

Please Advice Either To Buy 2008 Lexus E350 Or Camry 2014 / Corolla Or Camry: Which Should I buy? / Needs Toyota Sienna Or Picnic For Transportation Business (2) (3) (4)

Re: Toyota Sienna Or Camry, Which One To Go For by weyreypey: 2:31pm On Apr 16, 2020
Bosun13:
........truth is bitter...I use sienna for complete 4yrs before sold it out....compared to Sharan I later get..
.strongness...sienna is powerful
Fuel economy...Sharan beat hell out of sienna
I enjoy Sharan than sienna bcs i can't be checking dashboard every time bcs of fuel gauge .

ignore attention seekers
Re: Toyota Sienna Or Camry, Which One To Go For by duality(m): 2:45pm On Apr 16, 2020
weyreypey:

list the models you can comprehend.... mercedes vs toyota. I am only going to respond to you as long as you're civil and open minded

Let's do simple ones Toyota vs Honda any of the sedans will do.
Re: Toyota Sienna Or Camry, Which One To Go For by weyreypey: 2:53pm On Apr 16, 2020
duality:

Let's do simple ones Toyota vs Honda any of the sedans will do.
I don't do imperfections. Mercedes Benz Das Beste Order Nichts

Re: Toyota Sienna Or Camry, Which One To Go For by kawkab: 2:57pm On Apr 16, 2020
There is a reason why Toyota Sienna is the Vehicle of Choice for Long Distance Executive Shuttle in Nigeria.

Jokes and Sentiments aparts transporters have tried other MiniVans Viz Honda Odyssey, Mercedes R Class/Series, Nissan Quest, Kia Sedona, VW Routan, Chrysler Town and Country etc, but they have not gotten the same results they get from the three generations of Siennas Minivans. Even the Mercedes Benz Sprinter is struggling to match up with the Toyota Hiace for Inter City Mass Transit.

Back to the OP, since you intend using the Vehicle for moving between Lagos to Ijebu Ode and other City around, the Sienna would be your best bet (you also mentioned you intend picking passengers to make up for fuel cost).

I don't think you should be scared about the high fuel consumption mentioned by some persons here. Fuel consumption is relative to engine size and several other factors (nature of driving, type of oil, tire pressure etc). It is erroneous to say that the Sienna is a fuel guzzler.

If finally you get one, please go through Nairaland to get information about proper car maintenance, maintenance intervals and the fluids to use. This would do you a lot of good and keep your Sienna in good shape.

For 1.3m - 1.55m you should be able to get a direct Toks 1999 to 2001 Sienna with 3.0l 2MZ engine (750k-950k for Nigeria used, depending on the state). 1.8m - 2.2m for the 2004-2006 Sienna 3.3l 3MZ engine (1.4m - 1.6m for Nigeria used).

If you are buying a used one, make sure you go with a good mechanic for pre-purchase inspection, if it's Toks kindly do a comprehensive VIN check - CarGuide here should be able to help you out with this.

Mind you, I used a 99 Sienna for 10 years and I am currently using two (2004 LE and 2008 LE)

All the best.

Re: Toyota Sienna Or Camry, Which One To Go For by weyreypey: 2:59pm On Apr 16, 2020
kawkab:
There is a reason why Toyota Sienna is the Vehicle of Choice for Long Distance Executive Shuttle in Nigeria.

Jokes and Sentiments aparts transporters have tried other MiniVans Viz Honda Odyssey, Mercedes R Class/Series, Nissan Quest, Kia Sedona, VW Routan, Chrysler Town and Country etc, but they have not gotten the same results they get from the three generations of Siennas Minivans. Even the Mercedes Benz Sprinter is struggling to match up with the Toyota Hiace for Inter City Mass Transit.

Back to the OP, since you intend using the Vehicle for moving between Lagos to Ijebu Ode and other City around, the Sienna would be your best bet (you also mentioned you intend picking passengers to make up for fuel cost).

I don't think you should be scared about the high fuel consumption mentioned by some persons here. Fuel consumption is relative to engine size and several other factors (nature of driving, type of oil, tire pressure etc). It is erroneous to say that the Sienna is a fuel guzzler.

If finally you get one, please go through Nairaland to get information about proper car maintenance, maintenance intervals and the fluids to use. This would do you a lot of good and keep your Sienna in good shape.

For 1.3m - 1.55m you should be able to get a direct Toks 1999 to 2001 Sienna with 3.0l 2MZ engine (750k-950k for Nigeria used, depending on the state). 1.8m - 2.2m for the 2004-2006 Sienna 3.3l 3MZ engine (1.4m - 1.6m for Nigeria used).

If you are buying a used one, make sure you go with a good mechanic for pre-purchase inspection, if it's Toks kindly do a comprehensive VIN check - CarGuide here should be able to help you out with this.

Mind you, I used a 99 Sienna for 10 years and I am currently using two (2004 LE and 2008 LE)

All the best.

Why would you compare Sprinter to an hiace?
Re: Toyota Sienna Or Camry, Which One To Go For by duality(m): 3:32pm On Apr 16, 2020
weyreypey:

I don't do imperfections. Mercedes Benz Das Beste Order Nichts

Okay, that means your theory is really faulty.
You may end up compiring apples and oranges.

Enter a 2013 Avalon and tell me if it's bland.
Re: Toyota Sienna Or Camry, Which One To Go For by duality(m): 3:35pm On Apr 16, 2020
weyreypey:

Why would you compare Sprinter to an hiace?

How does the sprinter beat the hiace of the same year. Especially if you look at it from the transportation business mindset.
Re: Toyota Sienna Or Camry, Which One To Go For by weyreypey: 3:57pm On Apr 16, 2020
duality:

How does the sprinter beat the hiace of the same year. Especially if you look at it from the transportation business mindset.

You're talking about reliability... I give it to the hiace
Re: Toyota Sienna Or Camry, Which One To Go For by weyreypey: 3:59pm On Apr 16, 2020
duality:

Okay, that means your theory is really faulty.
You may end up compiring apples and oranges.

Enter a 2013 Avalon and tell me if it's bland.
If you're really looking at the luxury arm of Mercedes Benz... We'll be digging deeper
Re: Toyota Sienna Or Camry, Which One To Go For by duality(m): 4:27pm On Apr 16, 2020
weyreypey:

If you're really looking at the luxury arm of Mercedes Benz... We'll be digging deeper

Now you see it's not correct to conclude that "Toyota is bland". The various auto makers are working to improve their works.

You'd also agree that the Lexus would also stand up to the Benz .

Hello, Benz does excellent rides. Just hope you get the point.
Re: Toyota Sienna Or Camry, Which One To Go For by diportivo: 4:29pm On Apr 16, 2020
are people really saying the op shld use a Camry for transport instead of a sienna??

Allah Akbar
Re: Toyota Sienna Or Camry, Which One To Go For by weyreypey: 4:29pm On Apr 16, 2020
duality:

Now you see it's not correct to conclude that "Toyota is bland". The various auto makers are working to improve their works.

You'd also agree that the Lexus would also stand up to the Benz .

Hello, Benz does excellent rides. Just hope you get the point.

it copied mercedes shamelessly .... a poor man's mercedes
Re: Toyota Sienna Or Camry, Which One To Go For by weyreypey: 4:30pm On Apr 16, 2020
diportivo:
are people really saying the op shld use a Camry for transport instead of a sienna??

Allah Akbar
who?
Re: Toyota Sienna Or Camry, Which One To Go For by Bigade: 4:37pm On Apr 16, 2020
kawkab:

All the best.

Thanks for your time to bring out this comprehensive details. I really appreciate. I will think and digest this.
Re: Toyota Sienna Or Camry, Which One To Go For by Bigade: 4:41pm On Apr 16, 2020
Fentanyl:

get the Sienna, those earlier V6s were prone to oil sludge so be sure to maintain the engine appropriately and you would be fine

nurey owns one of them, seek his opinion

Thanks Baba, I really appreciate. Will definitely look into this.

Please can you help sharing Nurey contact, how can I get him
Re: Toyota Sienna Or Camry, Which One To Go For by mgdimagaladima(m): 4:53pm On Apr 16, 2020
Bosun13:
........truth is bitter...I use sienna for complete 4yrs before sold it out....compared to Sharan I later get..
.strongness...sienna is powerful
Fuel economy...Sharan beat hell out of sienna
I enjoy Sharan than sienna bcs i can't be checking dashboard every time bcs of fuel gauge .

waooo that's excellent

please u mean Sharon is better that sienna
and which model of Sharon
Re: Toyota Sienna Or Camry, Which One To Go For by weyreypey: 5:25pm On Apr 16, 2020
mgdimagaladima:

waooo that's excellent

Stay on your lane with the Sienna... You don't want to be involved with VW mechanics....
Re: Toyota Sienna Or Camry, Which One To Go For by Pisol(m): 6:25pm On Apr 16, 2020
Oga sienna is much more better, it depends what you are using it for.
Re: Toyota Sienna Or Camry, Which One To Go For by chidooh1: 6:48pm On Apr 16, 2020
Fentanyl:

beer parlour gist
the thing too pain you, lol
Re: Toyota Sienna Or Camry, Which One To Go For by Bosun13: 8:23pm On Apr 16, 2020
chidooh1:
the thing too pain you, lol
....don't just mind him..
One problem with Nigerians is they like follow follow.
I jst don't why this guy dey fex

Re: Toyota Sienna Or Camry, Which One To Go For by Bosun13: 8:34pm On Apr 16, 2020
mgdimagaladima:

waooo that's excellent

.... my brother out of two choice you mentioned sienna and camry...I think they're two type of spec.... my advise to you is that..if you wnt to do transport u can go for sienna but if you just wnt a car , I think Camry is the best for you.
I repeat! sienna is a 6plug and camry has 4plug option .
Go for 4plug and have rest of mind ....sienna fuel economy is high oo.

Re: Toyota Sienna Or Camry, Which One To Go For by BamBamK: 8:44pm On Apr 16, 2020
can he ever be civil?
weyreypey:

list the models you can comprehend.... mercedes vs toyota. I am only going to respond to you as long as you're civil and open minded
Re: Toyota Sienna Or Camry, Which One To Go For by Nyceguy92: 3:14pm On Apr 17, 2020
kawkab:

All the best.

You are about the only person who has given the OP a response that is very useful and direct to the issues of interest.

Most people on Nairaland jump in to comment on posts they know nothing about and before digesting the topic.

I would advise the OP to go for a Sienna, especially since he intends to use it for business. They are rugged and highly rated.

Fuel consumption, like you said, depends on a lot of factors. It's all about maintenance. After all, people still drive 4.7 liters and V8 cars.

Or how much fuel does one expect to use on a 100km trip for the car to pass as a non- fuel-guzzler? It's all relative.

The purpose mostly determines the choice.

Re: Toyota Sienna Or Camry, Which One To Go For by bisitopi: 8:26pm On Apr 17, 2020
Oga. U can't compare V6 engine with V4 engine. Pls do ur verification well before buy any vehicle. Do not listening to bar parlour or road side mechanics, V4 engine is fuel economy.
For business or moving goods around Toyota sienna 2001 to 2003 will be okay. Good luck
Re: Toyota Sienna Or Camry, Which One To Go For by Bigade: 8:09am On Apr 18, 2020
Nyceguy92:

You are about the only person who has given the OP a response that is very useful and direct to the issues of interest.

Most people on Nairaland jump in to comment on posts they know nothing about and before digesting the topic.

I would advise the OP to go for a Sienna, especially since he intends to use it for business. They are rugged and highly rated.

Fuel consumption, like you said, depends on a lot of factors. It's all about maintenance. After all, people still drive 4.7 liters and V8 cars.

Or how much fuel does one expect to use on a 100km trip for the car to pass as a non- fuel-guzzler? It's all relative.

The purpose mostly determines the choice.

Will definitely do that. Thanks
Re: Toyota Sienna Or Camry, Which One To Go For by Bigade: 8:10am On Apr 18, 2020
bisitopi:
Oga. U can't compare V6 engine with V4 engine. Pls do ur verification well before buy any vehicle. Do not listening to bar parlour or road side mechanics, V4 engine is fuel economy.
For business or moving goods around Toyota sienna 2001 to 2003 will be okay. Good luck

Ok, thanks

How To Bleed Bmw E46 Brake Abs Unit With Inpa Software / I Need A New Car / Photo: World's First Car Accident

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68