Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,060 members, 7,977,024 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 05:49 PM

Coronavirus: Lawyers Flee As Accused Coughs In Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coronavirus: Lawyers Flee As Accused Coughs In Court (805 Views)

Oyo Farmers Flee As Herdsmen Attack Igangan Again / Inauguration: Babagana Umara Zulum Coughs Persistently While Reading speech / People Flee As Policemen Shoot At Ekiti Government House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: Lawyers Flee As Accused Coughs In Court by Nobody: 9:14pm On Apr 15, 2020
There was drama on Tuesday inside an Osun State Magistrates’ Court sitting in Osogbo, when an accused arraigned for assault, suddenly coughed while his charge was being read.

The development led to a little disruption of the proceedings, as three lawyers that sat in front of the accused hurriedly moved away their chairs.

Despite the drama, Magistrate Olusegun Ayilara told the accused that his cough would not stop the session.

Ige was arraigned alongside Rasaq Sunday, Wasiu Adeyanju and Samson Ogunleye.

They were said to have on April 6, 2020 on Olugun Street, Osogbo, conspired to commit assault occasioning harm – an offence contrary to and punishable under Section 516 of criminal code cap 34 Vol. Il, Laws of Osun State of Nigeria 2002.

The accused were said to have used broken bottles, scissors, and cutlass to inflict injury on the left hand of one Lateef Kareem.

Rasaq Olayiwola announced appearance for the prosecution.

The accused, who had no legal representation, pleaded not guilty to the two counts of assault pressed against them.

The magistrate, Ayilara, admitted the accused to bail in the sum of N200, 000 with one surety each.

He then adjourned the matter till May 13 for mention.

Source https://punchng.com/lawyers-flee-as-accused-coughs-in-court/?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true
Re: Coronavirus: Lawyers Flee As Accused Coughs In Court by SLAP44: 9:15pm On Apr 15, 2020
I was really pissed yesterday, I arrested a guy who stole my generator and took him to the station, it took just 5 repeated coughing into the face of the police woman taking his statement for the whole police to turn, threw the suspect out of the police station and discharged the case.

The guy was grinning at me outside the station.

That thing can pain!

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lawyers Flee As Accused Coughs In Court by nbuli(m): 9:17pm On Apr 15, 2020
Ftc. I dedicate this to all frontline health workers. May almighty God guide and protect y'all
Re: Coronavirus: Lawyers Flee As Accused Coughs In Court by Mysticwebb: 9:17pm On Apr 15, 2020
Life is precious, nobody wants to die.
Re: Coronavirus: Lawyers Flee As Accused Coughs In Court by Amotolongbo(f): 9:19pm On Apr 15, 2020
Correct guy.

People seem to be grabbing that code and using it wisely. If you just wanna escape being punished, just continue to cough. Honestly, one will just be given an unsolicited isolation.

Just try coughing when arrested at the police station, then you have the automatic free bail to yourself. Of course, the police won’t try being unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lawyers Flee As Accused Coughs In Court by chatinent: 9:21pm On Apr 15, 2020
Case discharged and acquitted.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lawyers Flee As Accused Coughs In Court by SciLab: 9:23pm On Apr 15, 2020
Lol.

Hope they refunded the N5,000 appearance fee their clients paid?

grin
Re: Coronavirus: Lawyers Flee As Accused Coughs In Court by festacman(m): 9:25pm On Apr 15, 2020
SLAP44:
I was really pissed yesterday, I arrested a guy who stole my generator and took him to the station, it took just 5 repeated coughing into the face of the police woman taking his statement for the whole police to turn, threw the suspect out of the police station and discharged the case.

That thing can pain!

Very creative. Keep it up.
Re: Coronavirus: Lawyers Flee As Accused Coughs In Court by SciLab: 9:26pm On Apr 15, 2020
SLAP44:

That thing can pain!

Lol...them say make una carry una wahala go, even the 'statement paper money' make una carry everything go before una give them coro. grin

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lawyers Flee As Accused Coughs In Court by eneyoduke(m): 9:29pm On Apr 15, 2020
New method, first Steal get arrested to the station, then cough continually last last get release.
Re: Coronavirus: Lawyers Flee As Accused Coughs In Court by Chinwees: 9:34pm On Apr 15, 2020
grin grin
Re: Coronavirus: Lawyers Flee As Accused Coughs In Court by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 15, 2020
Japa fear of Coro
Re: Coronavirus: Lawyers Flee As Accused Coughs In Court by Abfinest007(m): 10:03pm On Apr 15, 2020
[quote author=nbuli post=88486059]Ftc. I dedicate this to all frontline health workers. May almighty God guide and protect y'all lol.someone has deny u d ftc

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lawyers Flee As Accused Coughs In Court by sammyj: 10:13pm On Apr 15, 2020
grin grin grin This is a version of brother Shaggy's comedy !! grin grin grin shocked
Re: Coronavirus: Lawyers Flee As Accused Coughs In Court by tydi(m): 11:49pm On Apr 15, 2020
Mumu man.. Him for plea guilty then wait make those wicked warders carry am reach prison, for prison gate he can then do the coughing which will make all warders and the security men to scamper for their lives leaving the prison gate wide open for all the prisoners to escape and he becomes the hero
Thereby, him coughing at the court room was a useless cough moves and he should be jailed.
Re: Coronavirus: Lawyers Flee As Accused Coughs In Court by Aladdin1(m): 12:10am On Apr 16, 2020
Coro-coro scare!
Re: Coronavirus: Lawyers Flee As Accused Coughs In Court by yyba: 12:13am On Apr 16, 2020
the lawyers that flee must be Igbos members grin grin

(1) (Reply)

As Abba Kyari Finally Gone.! The Lesson To Learn / Corpse Of Covid-19 Patients Can Be Released-lagos Health Commissioner Abayomi / *How Obaseki’s Former Chief Of Staff Was Blackmailed Into Resigning From Office*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.