Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,894 members, 7,872,919 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:27 AM

How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? (39787 Views)

11-year-old Boy Bags Bachelor’s Degree In Physics While Taking Master’s / Study Abroad For Your Bachelor's, Master's, And Phd / Bachelor's Degree Without JAMB, Post UME, Interview Or Entrance Examination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Skillsnigeria: 11:02am On Apr 16, 2020
If you want to depend on your certificate to survive,go and study abroad and secure a job abroad.i graduated in 2010,I can't say, this is what have achieved with my University certificate.i only survive on my I.T skills and I.T company,I founded myself.schools in Nigeria,is just for enlightenment purpose

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 16, 2020
ManuelMount:
I'm a University student so I'll like to know how valuable yours.

Feel free to air your views accordingly

Very useless. No job since 2014 till date
Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by TheChameleon: 11:02am On Apr 16, 2020
I became an assassin.

I did a Bachelors in Waste Disposal..

You be the judge.

1 Like

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by fergie001: 11:03am On Apr 16, 2020
pocohantas:

Oga go and rest. Which dream is that?

You be Martin Luther King?
You get bad mouth grin

1 Like

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Theconglomerate(m): 11:03am On Apr 16, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:

I wan always remind dat guy sey Ifeanyi Uba became a law maker with Neco Certificate .

That means the guy became a billionaire at such an early age without certificate .

Usually I don't take him serious,he is likes and shares driven.
Now when they mention education,a lot of people mistake it for classroom education which is wrong!
What you learn in life,interactions and business orientation is mostly all that one needs to become successful.This is the education succesful people have been talking about.
And you know the funny thing?You need not go to school to acquire these.

14 Likes

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Cti28(m): 11:03am On Apr 16, 2020
NextD18:

Did you say "When I leave school"? cheesy cheesy grin

I graduated years ago and I'm not regretting going to school. You said you HAD passion for Med/Surg, but AT THIS MOMENT, you have passion for money. Bruv, your current passion is a result of your inability to follow your initial passion. Fact!

See as you bend mouth dey talk 5milla, 10milla and 100milla a month. How many Nigerian business men do make such a month as gain?

Stop deceiving yourself with business fantasies, being a successful business man is not easy as you think. Stay woke and stop making unnecessary statements about certificates, when you've not gotten one.

Ask him again, they think business is as easy as counting number 1to10

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by dukeprince50: 11:03am On Apr 16, 2020
pocohantas:

Can you imagine. Is this not April,2020?

Somebody that hasn’t even gotten Statement of Result is forming “I have a dream”.
i have my original result not even statement. I left my former school Madonna uni, because of financial difficulties and how they treat humans.
I'm not young, I'm 26, wetin I want find if no be money?

3 Likes

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by dionflex: 11:05am On Apr 16, 2020
I dy 300L and I don SHELL almost all the Banis wey dey my street.
Reason wen I get the cert nkor?
Na dem go dy rush me

2 Likes

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by najeem4reall(m): 11:06am On Apr 16, 2020
I think going to school is good and fine but with the situation of things in our society it's advisable that all graduates shoulds have plan b should incase things didn't work out as planned please i need a loan to start a block industry and basically what I need is just a lister diesel engine, block moulding machine, pallets but after going round all I could raise is peanuts so I am appealing to anyone who can assist me with cash while I use my degree certificate as collateral thanks
Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by insperyadyou: 11:06am On Apr 16, 2020
Your bachelor's degree will one day be useful somehow, someday. It must surely have where it must be needed in the private, corporate organisations or with the government. It will surely come. There are likely going to be delays after school. Only few escaped it in Nigeria
Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Chatflick(m): 11:06am On Apr 16, 2020
A friend of mine is a medical doctor but she has dumped the certificate for business. My cousin brother graduated as an Architect from covenant university but after a year of work, he quit to work from home as a freelancer meanwhile his sister finished from Igbenedion university in benin and she dropped the certificate also to pursue business. I can go on you know

1 Like

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by pocohantas(f): 11:06am On Apr 16, 2020
dukeprince50:
i have my original result not even statement. I left my former school Madonna uni, because of financial difficulties and how they treat humans.
I'm not young, I'm 26, wetin I want find if no be money?

No wonder. It keeps adding up. You already know age has disqualified you from most entry level positions. So, you started dreaming...

Keep dreaming o, but don’t come here to bobo anyone. Na certificate keep NOI for IMF.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Maxmavis(m): 11:06am On Apr 16, 2020
Uwaiwe:

I know of a guy working with HND cert and earns 2.5M monthly. Without his certificate it would have been impossible to qualify for such a job. If you have a certificate, can effectively defend your profession as a seasoned graduate, You will always achieve great goals with your certificate.
Most education is a scam people were guys that can't defend their certificates. They passed through the institution but institution never passed through them. The who pass na him know book people.

Which job Dy give your guy 2.5m monthly
Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by m140(m): 11:07am On Apr 16, 2020
NextD18:

Did you say "When I leave school"? cheesy cheesy grin

I graduated years ago and I'm not regretting going to school. You said you HAD passion for Med/Surg, but AT THIS MOMENT, you have passion for money. Bruv, your current passion is a result of your inability to follow your initial passion. Fact!

See as you bend mouth dey talk 5milla, 10milla and 100milla a month. How many Nigerian business men do make such a month as gain?

Stop deceiving yourself with business fantasies, being a successful business man is not easy as you think. Stay woke and stop making unnecessary statements about certificates, when you've not gotten one.
Bros , 5m,10m,100m, if you sabi business men well you wont be saying what you saying, 5m,10m na small money ooo

1 Like

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Keemsleek005(m): 11:07am On Apr 16, 2020
NextD18:
If you study well,hard and carefully. Your bachelor's degree will be the best thing to ever happen to you.

Don't allow those who failed in school to deceive you with "School na scam" talks. It isn't. It is very important, if not, thousands of people won't be applying every year to study.

Just be focused and work very hard.

God bless you my brother, may your hardwork bring you the best things you desire. You be shocked at what people will say. Like i always say there are still good people on these forum that give good advices.God bless such people.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Theconglomerate(m): 11:07am On Apr 16, 2020
SweetCunt97:
best products to import now?
food and basic items,even though I don't know how you will bring it in at this point in time.
Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by yrex01(m): 11:08am On Apr 16, 2020
Topmaike007:
so someone that graduated with 2.1 and end up securing 30k job failed in varsity that's why?
na u dey mind d guy na.. He's one of few who are lucky to get a well paid job after school. He's talking about good grades, mumu should go to north n see how people with pass degree are working in high places while A&Bs graduates are roaming round d street. He's just talking nonsense

4 Likes

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Cti28(m): 11:08am On Apr 16, 2020
Sirvingeo:
I regretted schooling in Nigeria .
It is a complete waste of resources and time.
Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Bornfool(m): 11:09am On Apr 16, 2020
Certificate is useful for those that have strong connection or lucky to get rich in life
Certificate is useful for some unlucky people with no strong connection to get a not so good paying job
Certificate is useful for people with good education and handskills, innovative skills, business skills to be wealthy till they die

At the end Certificate can never make you suffer unless God never give u sense at all

1 Like

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by winningwinner(m): 11:09am On Apr 16, 2020
If you have a degree Without job, what use is it? Most degree holders now baby-sit for their working wives...

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Chatflick(m): 11:09am On Apr 16, 2020
Chi59:
Who needs a certificate when you've got a sugar daddy cheesy
You say

1 Like

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Investnow2017: 11:10am On Apr 16, 2020
Theconglomerate:
What else is there to it if not earning a living?
In fact what else is there to it for any productive activity?

Ok, I now see why you think the way you do. If you have the means, please go beyond this shore and see the outer world. We are invariably molded by our stunted environment and that is not good.

The world is bigger than money, and money making. Our environment makes us think that money is everything. Not true. Money has a place in our life but there is much more to life than just making money.

If you have not been there you may not, or even cannot understand.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Theconglomerate(m): 11:10am On Apr 16, 2020
m140:

Bros , 5m,10m,100m, if you sabi business men well you wont be saying what you saying, 5m,10m na small money ooo
5m is not small money anywhere in the world,even to Zuckerberg.
Watch what you say.

7 Likes

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Aidlyfe: 11:11am On Apr 16, 2020
Very useful... Lazy and unambitious me, I got myself a Fed Job with mine

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 16, 2020
You guys generalise a lot and it's really unfair.
The kind of job offers I got after school made me switch focus to business.
Maybe I wouldn't have switched if I got a better offer.
But that doesn't mean my certificate is useless

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Keemsleek005(m): 11:11am On Apr 16, 2020
Chatflick:
A friend of mine is a medical doctor but she has dumped the certificate for business. My cousin brother graduated as an Architect from covenant university but after a year of work, he quit to work from home as a freelancer meanwhile his sister finished from Igbenedion university in benin and she dropped the certificate also to pursue business. I can go on you know

That education is the foundation of what will keep them focus and been educated will enlightened them and broaden there scope in any business they engage in. The way they will interact, profound solutions and expend thier business will be different from someone who as no basic education or just passed thru school.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by dukeprince50: 11:11am On Apr 16, 2020
pocohantas:

No wonder. It keeps adding up. You already know age has disqualified you from most entry level positions. So, you started dreaming...

Keep dreaming o, but don’t come here to bobo anyone. Na certificate keep NOI for IMF.
26 with a CGPA of 4.26 and I'm disqualified?
Kai, waste of naming ceremony.

6 Likes

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by NwanyiOkpa(f): 11:11am On Apr 16, 2020
dukeprince50:
its not a lie, I had passion for medicine, I really do.
But at this moment, I have passion for money lol.
As a consultant in d medical field, they pay u 700-800k monthly, same with professor, but see ehn, business fit pay u 5mila, 10mila, 100mila if u want to ball high etc in a month.

I may not be saying this if I got my dream course because that course may not open my eyes and I'll still wallow in my stupidity.

People have passion for money o, no worry when u leave school, u go understand say money comes before profession.

See ehn, If u drop Otedola/Adeleke(multi millionaires) and Ben Carson(med doctor) , wake me up from deep sleep and tell me to choose one, I'll choose Otedola. Who profession epp?
Na money be fine bobo

Oga stop deceiving yourself. Ben Carson can also afford what he wants
He is rich too and fulfilled.

5 Likes

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Karleb(m): 11:11am On Apr 16, 2020
For now, quite useful.

It got me a slot in NYSC. grin grin grin

Some people now see me a 'man'. grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Nobody: 11:12am On Apr 16, 2020
NextD18:

This can only come from a school drop out, someone who graduated with pass, someone who studied courses like iceblock Engineering or Nylon technology and someone who wasted his/her time in school without learning anything from his/her field of study.

Certificate get level incase you don't know.

Anyone who graduated with a good and presentable result with lots of knowledge and skills relating his/her course of study will never make this statement, because there's are certificates that will feed a whole kindred for 30+ years.
you sha , that's how u made a nasty comment yesterday.
Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Theconglomerate(m): 11:12am On Apr 16, 2020
Investnow2017:

Ok, I now see why you think the way you do. If you have the means, please go beyond this shore and see the outer world. We are invariably molded by our stunted environment and that is not good.

The world is bigger than money, and money making. Our environment makes us think that money is everything. Not true. Money has a place in our life but there is much more to life than just making money.

If you have not been there you may not, or even cannot understand.
I wonder what even gave you the guys to think I am limited by these "shores".
You people assume a lot and it's not good.
Money and materialism is even worse in first worlds so I really don't know what you are talking about undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Useful Is/was Your Bachelor's Degree? by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 16, 2020
dukeprince50:
ok I apologize.lol
I would have said, don't depend on only ur certificate in d next 10yrs, have more streams of income.
Lemme edit
Seems you aren't so convinced about what you want or your dreams are centred around fantasies.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Paper Used As Report Card By Adamawa Government Primary School / Oreoluwa Emerges Unilorin’s Best With 4.92 Cgpa / Deadly Mistakes Undergraduates Make Unknowingly

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.