Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,247 members, 7,891,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 09:34 AM

3 Ways To Get Over Failure And Combat Depression - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 3 Ways To Get Over Failure And Combat Depression (185 Views)

Lifestyle Changes To Combat Depression Naturally / Causes Of Ivf Failure And Complications / Yummy Foods That Combat Fat >>photos<< (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Ways To Get Over Failure And Combat Depression by kingscare1(m): 9:19am On Apr 16, 2020
Failure or downfall is something that just happens, it could be on something we most cherished or needed. Consequently, it brings about regret, depression, shame, guilt, self-pity and tears. One get downtime after such an unfortunate incident, it's a heavy blow on the face, that's life, the more we live the more we learn.

For instance, I had an ugly experience 2 days ago, as a writer, a blogger in the UK responded to my content writing pitch to write for her blog, you could imagine how excited I was. We communicated for a few hours to seal the deal officially, I conveyed some writing project topic ideas to her through our communication channel which was an email for her to select and give me a go-ahead node to start writing.

She did select and we settled on €150 pounds for my writing payment which she accepted to pay me through PayPal or BACs, I didn't have a fund receiving PayPal so I hurriedly created Dubai PayPal account which I know can receive fund anywhere in the world and transfer directly to Nigeria bank account.

As someone that has had experiences, I wrote the article flexibly and swiftly like an expert, it was fun knowing that I will be paid after the writing journey. I finished on time and wrote to her that I'm done, that it was excellent, she replied that she couldn't wait to take a look at it, as fast as she always responded I thought everything was going as intended. It came to my mind that I should ask for payment or send half-copy then get paid before sending the full article, I brushed off the thought because I never wanted to sound pushy or desperate.

Unfortunately, I sent the full copy alongside my PayPal funding account and she never responded again, I lost all, I gave her some time to get her to respond but she never did, checked my emails a million times but no new mail, time passed still no contact, checked PayPal account nothing, It's a depressing ugly experience that can make one go mad but I contained my feelings, though I'm still broke.

Why I'm writing this is to tell readers that I have been there countlessly even worse, sometimes at the expense of my life. It's an article of love, motivation and encouragement in times of depressing downfall.

3 Ways To Get Over Failure And Combat Depression

Now, I'm writing 3 sure ways I used to fight any form of failure occurrence, so as to keep my mental wellness intact and to avoid being depressed.

Which are:

1) Distraction
:
When bad things happen, we are stuck with ourselves, lying helplessly on the bed or couch, hurtfully thinking and rethinking about what happened, why did it happen, what one did wrong or right, etc. These may seem right, it's a good way to ponder and learn from the situation but one shouldn't overdo it. It can be very detrimental to one's mental and physical health by allowing negative thoughts, emotions or behavior to engross us. One should quickly rise and distract itself with something worthwhile like watching television, movies, reading, hobbies or even hanging out with a loved one against overthinking.

2) Communication
:
Communication is a positive energy, it's something we need in such time, it's a mental release, it's a therapy. When one experience defeat or failure, it's very much advisable to talk to someone, it could be a loved one, a friend or an expert to get opinions, suggestions, and comfort.

3) Focus:
One shouldn't feel lost or give-up due to failure or doubts, concerns of self-worth are very common in such an ugly experience, one starts questioning its capacity to perform effectively thereby losing focus on what's important which gives room for depression and self-doubt. Do you know that we don't lose, we learn?. In as much as we are battered or had lost big time we shouldn't lose focus on our set goals, one should keep trying after a downfall, believing that Mr jackpot it's near.

From
Kingsley Uche

Re: 3 Ways To Get Over Failure And Combat Depression by Aphroditee(f): 9:23am On Apr 16, 2020
Good read.
Re: 3 Ways To Get Over Failure And Combat Depression by kingscare1(m): 9:45am On Apr 16, 2020
Aphroditee:
Good read.

Thanks, it's an ugly experience I just passed through, imagine €150 pounds lost this period. Well I'm getting better.
Re: 3 Ways To Get Over Failure And Combat Depression by Aphroditee(f): 10:11am On Apr 16, 2020
kingscare1:

Thanks, it's an ugly experience I just passed through, imagine €150 pounds lost this period. Well I'm getting better.
Yea i understand..
pray God refunds your loss
Re: 3 Ways To Get Over Failure And Combat Depression by kingscare1(m): 10:39am On Apr 16, 2020
Aphroditee:
Yea i understand..
pray God refunds your loss
Amen, you too.
Very inspiring picture on your profile. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Discoveries By A Nigerian Researcher To Ameliorate Symptoms Of Corona-virus / Dealing With Frequent Urination Due To Chronic Prostatitis With Acupuncture / Stringent measures .......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.