Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,784 members, 7,875,942 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:06 AM

LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces (19480 Views)

Stop Burning Mosques In Igboland - MURIC / Nigeria Policemen Protest: "Stop Killing Us, Stop Burning Police Stations" / Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by Jgoldie: 8:36am On Apr 17, 2020
HornyTave:

you should be thankful to those guys but if you think they're not doing enough, sharpen your weapon and join them

I am thankful,in fact I appreciate all their efforts but what do we to this soots
Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by YemyTemmy: 8:39am On Apr 17, 2020
Shibaraba:
We too we are begging them to bring security operatives. Vigilante work Don tire me. I wan sleep.

Dear men, this vigilante work Don show me say if men are scum, women are scumbags . If you see as men dey give people Wife yordi . Husband go dey bed dey snore madam go come outside collect kporor shake body go back go sleep guy man no go know. All those respectable mommies in the lord sef like kondo . They are the real one million boys.

For real? Where e happen?
Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by MCBOYME(m): 8:39am On Apr 17, 2020
Shibaraba:
We too we are begging them to bring security operatives. Vigilante work Don tire me. I wan sleep.

Dear men, this vigilante work Don show me say if men are scum, women are scumbags . If you see as men dey give people Wife yordi . Husband go dey bed dey snore madam go come outside collect kporor shake body go back go sleep guy man no go know. All those respectable mommies in the lord sef like kondo . They are the real one million boys.
Med oo... u seff no enter set grin grin
Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by KfashionHubb: 8:41am On Apr 17, 2020
You dey find likes abii?lair
Shibaraba:

Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by feeloscar(m): 8:42am On Apr 17, 2020
MASTERMIND04:
So they should fold their arms and watch thieves rob them?
Provide adequate security for them, they won't burn tyres.
I don't know why these so called leaders are dumb.
My people, make una continue to dey burn the tyres until sense fall on those bunch of mad men!
Burn the tyres on the tarred road to what end? Who will be at the receiving end when the time comes? The govt has failed us,but let us not compound the already existing problems. Nobody has stopped them from burning tyres(heath risk loading),but it should not be on the tarred road.
Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by HornyTave: 8:54am On Apr 17, 2020
Jgoldie:

I am thankful,in fact I appreciate all their efforts but what do we to this soots

keep cleaning. or you lock your Windows.
do you open you house at night?
Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by ghettochild(m): 8:56am On Apr 17, 2020
Kwanza:

https://twitter.com/followlasg/status/1250888417166200838?s=19

Dem dey craze... So they will siphon d money for repairs or what?
With the low grade roads dem dey do for naija abi
Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by Lovexme(m): 9:00am On Apr 17, 2020
The aftermath of the tyre burning is the soot it leaves behind. Tiles in the house with black dust, wipe your face and it's black dust, then imagine the one you must have inhaled.
Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 17, 2020
KfashionHubb:
You dey find likes abii?lair
smh

Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by petitejolie(f): 9:48am On Apr 17, 2020
Me sef I’m tired of d tyre burning. If u bath like this u will see d black stuff wash off ur body, it’s even inside d nose,u be cleaning house 24/7. Finding it hard to breathe Nd coughing.let police do dier jobs.dere won’t b need for this.
Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by Farki: 9:48am On Apr 17, 2020
Deepfeel:
Where are these guys?

Amotekun is here to stay, ndi sophisticated make mouth follow due process zero result

Ametekun recruitment was stalled because of the coronavirus pandemic and subsequent lockdown. Please what security outfit does your state have in the works?
Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by Ken4agent(m): 10:13am On Apr 17, 2020
NNFORUM:
Registration is absolutely free and earning is confirmed.

If you can surf NL relentlessly and for fun why not join NET9JA forum now for free then earn residual income from us.

Check my signature for registration link...You'd be glad you did.

No page for login in?
Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by shoprite: 10:17am On Apr 17, 2020
LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces

Misplaced yarn as usual . . . just provide security for the residents of the state and watch tyre burning disappear without a word ! undecided
Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by Amanda4life: 10:57am On Apr 17, 2020
The smoke can kill healthy person
Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by NoToPile: 11:40am On Apr 17, 2020
Every night I have to lock windows to protect my children from that terrible smell of burning tires. Just small that is coming in through the front windows is so terrible

Even as adults gan the thing is choking, sleep you cant sleep because of the vigilante noise and awareness they are creating, to breathe clean air again wahala.

The mata tire person cry

1 Like

Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by Naijaarchive(m): 11:47am On Apr 17, 2020
The electricity operators should be mandated to supply power in the night.... To make work easy for vigilantes and even police on patrols... We are tired of hearing gunshots like we live in war zones
Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by DChrixu007(m): 12:20pm On Apr 17, 2020
Shibaraba:

abi you dey follow them dey shorki the women them as per 1 million man wey you be,
Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by Basher8583: 12:33pm On Apr 17, 2020
dadebayo1:
Sure.... I still don't understand the reason for the burnfire.. People really need to know about the negative effect of the heat on the road....

Hmmm is it only the road.. what about air pollution in the period when people are sleeping. The air is so polluted and toxic.. These people don't know that they are gradually killing themselves
Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by Basher8583: 12:47pm On Apr 17, 2020
Lovexme:
The aftermath of the tyre burning is the soot it leaves behind. Tiles in the house with black dust, wipe your face and it's black dust, then imagine the one you must have inhaled.

Concerned about the Health Risks of Burning Tires?
Below are Reasons NOT to Burn Tires:

1 Burning tires releases a toxic soup of pollutants. Children are especially at risk. Hundreds of different toxic pollutants are created by burning tires as well as a tremendous number of small particles that settle deep in the lungs.

2 Breast milk contaminated by the organic pollutants on the particles released from burning tires will be transferred from a nursing mother to her baby.

3 Children, fetuses, nursing babies, elderly, asthmatics, immune suppressed individuals are all much more vulnerable to the pollutants released burning tires. Small particulates released by burning tires worsen asthma and may contribute to heart disease.

4 Fine particles have been found to cause excess mortality and hospitalizations for heart disease and cancer by the American Academy of Pediatrics Committee on Environmental Health.

5. Many unknown pollutants with unknown health effects will be released from burning tires.

6 Tires are not designed to be burned as a fuel and contain hazardous ingredients (the rubber in tires contains 25% extender oils derived from benzene, 25% styrene, a derivative of benzene, and 25% 1,3 butadiene. - both benzene and 1,3 butadiene are suspected human carcinogens). Tire-derived fuel (TDF) also contains remnants of wire that is difficult to totally remove when tires are processed for fuel.

7 Fine particulates are significantly more hazardous to human health than larger particulates. Toxins collected on the surface of fine particulates are aspirated by humans and lead to lung disease. The pollution control device on the IP power boiler is insufficient to remove fine particulate matter and heavy metals from flue gases.

Copied......

http://www.lesspollution.org/learn.html
Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by Legendguru: 12:48pm On Apr 17, 2020
ok
Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by Basher8583: 12:49pm On Apr 17, 2020
Risingblue008:
My spirit tells me dt burning Of tires can also transmit covid-19,for real oo
Concerned about the Health Risks of Burning Tires?
Below are Reasons NOT to Burn Tires:

1 Burning tires releases a toxic soup of pollutants. Children are especially at risk. Hundreds of different toxic pollutants are created by burning tires as well as a tremendous number of small particles that settle deep in the lungs.

2 Breast milk contaminated by the organic pollutants on the particles released from burning tires will be transferred from a nursing mother to her baby.

3 Children, fetuses, nursing babies, elderly, asthmatics, immune suppressed individuals are all much more vulnerable to the pollutants released burning tires. Small particulates released by burning tires worsen asthma and may contribute to heart disease.

4 Fine particles have been found to cause excess mortality and hospitalizations for heart disease and cancer by the American Academy of Pediatrics Committee on Environmental Health.

5. Many unknown pollutants with unknown health effects will be released from burning tires.

6 Tires are not designed to be burned as a fuel and contain hazardous ingredients (the rubber in tires contains 25% extender oils derived from benzene, 25% styrene, a derivative of benzene, and 25% 1,3 butadiene. - both benzene and 1,3 butadiene are suspected human carcinogens). Tire-derived fuel (TDF) also contains remnants of wire that is difficult to totally remove when tires are processed for fuel.

7 Fine particulates are significantly more hazardous to human health than larger particulates. Toxins collected on the surface of fine particulates are aspirated by humans and lead to lung disease. The pollution control device on the IP power boiler is insufficient to remove fine particulate matter and heavy metals from flue gases.

Copied......

http://www.lesspollution.org/learn.html
Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by CAUSTIC002: 1:14pm On Apr 17, 2020
No security, no light. if destroying the roads will mean saving lives, by all means, do it!
Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by greggng: 4:53pm On Apr 17, 2020
S
Kwanza:

https://twitter.com/followlasg/status/1250888417166200838?s=19

Which one is better , saving life or road...?

1 Like

Re: LASG Appeals To Residents To Stop Burning Tires On Tarred Road Surfaces by Bluffly: 5:46pm On Apr 17, 2020
dadebayo1:
Sure.... I still don't understand the reason for the burnfire.. People really need to know about the negative effect of the heat on the road....
The burn fire is to light up every where and see whatever is coming and also to keep bandits off that people are awake and alert for any show down

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sit-At-Home & JAMB: What Is The Fate Of South-East Students? / I Am satisfied Nigeria Is still one After That 'little Fracas' - Yakubu Gowon / Tinubu & Maryam Abacha To Commission 432 Houses, Schools, And Hospitals In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.