Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,465 members, 7,891,924 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 10:38 PM

Airtel NG’s Deliberate Extortion During COVID 19 Pandemic - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Airtel NG’s Deliberate Extortion During COVID 19 Pandemic (205 Views)

Kperogi's Deliberate Lies Against VP Osinbajo / Airtel Ng Now Include VAT On Call Rate / How To Speak With Airtel Customer Care Agent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Airtel NG’s Deliberate Extortion During COVID 19 Pandemic by muyiwaolalekan: 11:27pm On Apr 16, 2020
It is shocking how a trusted brand like Airtel NG would take advantage of the current pandemic to extort subscribers trusting the network to keep working/staying online during the lockdown.

I have just experienced this, when airtel unreasonably charged me with data which is not commensurate with what I do online. I thought it was the volume of my job until I had to use another network to share hotspot in order to check my doubt. I spent exactly the same duration on this other network and realized I was only charged less than 1/4 of what Airtel takes of me for the same volume of job.

The most annoying part is that, after I had noticed, I intentionally did nothing on my phone for about 2hours but allowed Whatsapp to work so as to keep me present in a meeting so, only Whatsapp messages dropped. To my utmost amazement, Airtel NG charged me 500MB in less than 1hr of receiving texts.

Before I realized how bad it was, I had spent over 8,000naira on data within 12days (just to check mails, meetings on Whatsapp, Whatsapp status, connecting to work VPN(requiring low data volume), Twitter and Skype).

Lastly I sent them a mail as attached since 111 no longer gives access to customer care representative but still, no response to my mail.

It is shameful and NCC exists.

(1) (Reply)

Check Out Latest Nigeria Newspaper Headlines For Today, Saturday April 18th, 202 / Earn 20k Weekly. / Will You Vote APC Again ? Give Reasons For Your Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.