Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,127 members, 7,880,524 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:07 PM

Webmasters/web Designers: Beware Of Smartweb Hosting! They Are Scammers! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Webmasters/web Designers: Beware Of Smartweb Hosting! They Are Scammers! (628 Views)

Na Wah Oh! Smartweb Host Wan Give Guys High BP / National Association Of Nigerian Computer Operators, Web Designers, Programmers / Why Are There So Many Nigerians Scammers Online? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Webmasters/web Designers: Beware Of Smartweb Hosting! They Are Scammers! by Decryptor(m): 5:06pm On Jan 05, 2011
I decided to start this thread for the benefit of those who are into web design and development like me. I registered two domain names with Smartweb hosting company which is located in Jos Plateau State and after paying and uploading the sites, i could not access them. Sometimes, the domain would come up, and after sometime, they would be offline for days or even weeks. I called their customer support and sent support tickets via their website to no avail. Now, they no longer pick my calls, and they have denied me access to their customer support in the client area of their website.

I am thinking of going to their office in Jos to get them arrested because i told them to delete the domains so i could re-register them in another hosting company but they refused and claimed that the domain names cannot be deleted until they expire. What pains me more is the domain i registered fo a school based in Abuja. Since i uploaded the pages, the site has remained inaccessible and the school administration thinks the fault is from me and they are threatening fire and brimstone.

Just felt that i should warn you guys here in NL cos i don't want you to experience the same. their website is www.smartwebng.com

BEWARE! DON'T FALL A VICTIM!!
Re: Webmasters/web Designers: Beware Of Smartweb Hosting! They Are Scammers! by OjWick(m): 7:00pm On Jan 06, 2011
Sorry ooooooooooo and thanks for the tip.

You can try Internet Solutions Nigeria @ www.isolutions-ng.com

Online since 2005
Re: Webmasters/web Designers: Beware Of Smartweb Hosting! They Are Scammers! by getflow: 10:30pm On Jan 06, 2011
@ Decryptor i can feel your pain. just imaging how customer will look you na? how that is to business.

First. it will be difficult for them to delete the domain name cos most of Naija host dey use shard servers. and such they might have the power to delete it from here.

The fact is smart web host has server breakdown issues most time. Mostly with their database.

I think you should exercise patients with them. they will rectify it.

Alternative go registered the dot org of the domain name else were to save your ass. make your customer understand the situation. try to talk to any of the staff. that IT Oriented among. try to explain to him the new changes in the domain name.

Kpele oh

(1) (Reply)

Norton Internet Security: / Cant View Hidden Files/folder. Pls Help / Nokia 5330 Dstv Mobile @ 23,000. Call 07068269362

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.