Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,811 members, 7,872,699 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:04 PM

No Enough Places To Isolate Nigerians Returning From Abroad — FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Enough Places To Isolate Nigerians Returning From Abroad — FG (526 Views)

Coronavirus: Concerns As Tinubu Fails To Self-isolate After UK Trip / Why Abba Kyari Didn’t Self-isolate After Foreign Trip / Aso Villa Shut Down As Kyari Tests Positive, Shehu, Others Self-Isolate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Enough Places To Isolate Nigerians Returning From Abroad — FG by jarawa: 6:31am On Apr 17, 2020
The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, says the number of Nigerians willing to return from abroad is so high that they cannot be accommodated in the available isolation centres in the country. He said this in Abuja yesterday at a briefing of the Presidential Taskforce Force on COVID-19. “We’ve received all the numbers from our various embassies around the world and we’re collating them. Then we’ve now selected two airlines that would be responsible to fetch them.

The numbers are high and the places where we can isolate them are not enough for those numbers. “So, we would’ve to do it in a staggered fashion and together with the NEMA and the Ministry of Health, we would’ve to come to an agreement to be bringing (them) back according to the numbers of beds and so forth that are available. We’ve now identified and we can go on with process. We are almost ready to go,” Onyeama said.

The Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola, urged Nigerians to report any perceived illegal entry into the country through the nation’s borders, to the Nigeria Immigration Service. He also urged the states sharing borders with other countries like Lagos, Sokoto, Cross Rivers, Zamfara, Taraba, Kebbi, Niger and others to ensure that the boarders were closely monitored so as not to allow any aliens into the country at this period to stem the spread of the COVID-19 in the country.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/no-enough-places-to-isolate-nigerians-returning-from-abroad-fg.html
Re: No Enough Places To Isolate Nigerians Returning From Abroad — FG by GOFRONT(m): 6:34am On Apr 17, 2020
But they said they were ready yen yen yen yen
Re: No Enough Places To Isolate Nigerians Returning From Abroad — FG by Nwodosis(m): 6:37am On Apr 17, 2020
If you can't accommodate your children, who else will?

1 Like

Re: No Enough Places To Isolate Nigerians Returning From Abroad — FG by CoronaVirusPro: 6:39am On Apr 17, 2020
grin grin grin

`
Nigeria is a joke!
Re: No Enough Places To Isolate Nigerians Returning From Abroad — FG by GreaterDC(m): 6:41am On Apr 17, 2020
This is Ironic, what about the hotels, school etc, can't they turn one to an isolation center for the main time
Re: No Enough Places To Isolate Nigerians Returning From Abroad — FG by Nobody: 6:46am On Apr 17, 2020
May God grant the world the wisdom to find a vaccine..

- What happens when you run out of food?
- What happens when your paycheck stops?
- What happens when you can no longer handle the bills?
- what happens when the palliatives are exhausted?
- what happens if it's not feasible to lift the lockdown next week?
- what happens when rent comes?
- what happens when your business capital drains during isolation?

May God grant us mercy.
Re: No Enough Places To Isolate Nigerians Returning From Abroad — FG by Pubichairs(m): 7:00am On Apr 17, 2020
cheesy

The Hatred I have for this country and it's useless leaders, only wish I had super powers

cheesy I pity the up north citizens ...they are the ones this Virus would hit well, due to illiteracy and religious Fanatism

Dogs are free to quote me cheesy
Re: No Enough Places To Isolate Nigerians Returning From Abroad — FG by Fasindo: 7:17am On Apr 17, 2020
shocked

Joke of a country.

This country is just waste of landmass. Nigeria is just occupying landmass for nothing.

If You don't have enough space to quarantine people coming into Nigeria why allowing them to coming in the first place.

Gaskiya my mind is telling me that those Chinese Doctors where not quarantined anything.

Only God knows the number of people that enters nd leaves this country through Chad nd Niger Rep /Nigerian border
Re: No Enough Places To Isolate Nigerians Returning From Abroad — FG by sammyj: 7:18am On Apr 17, 2020
Let them stay there and enjoy the good the bad and the ugly !
Re: No Enough Places To Isolate Nigerians Returning From Abroad — FG by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 17, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:
grin grin grin

`
Nigeria is a joke!
Johnmartus will not like this post.

Cc lzaa itooworwor

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Enough Places To Isolate Nigerians Returning From Abroad — FG by galadima77(m): 7:22am On Apr 17, 2020
Nwodosis:
If you can't accommodate your children, who else will?

I tire
Re: No Enough Places To Isolate Nigerians Returning From Abroad — FG by Tunde835(m): 7:23am On Apr 17, 2020
Pubichairs:
cheesy

The Hatred I have for this country and it's useless leaders, only wish I had super powers

cheesy I pity the up north citizens ...they are the ones this Virus would hit well, due to illiteracy and religious Fanatism

Dogs are free to quote me cheesy
u know d same way u ar waiting 4 d north 2 get affected is d same way developed nations were waiting for mass death in Africa nd it ended up affecting dem most so I don't think we should anticipate such for anyone
Re: No Enough Places To Isolate Nigerians Returning From Abroad — FG by ItooWorWor(m): 7:49am On Apr 17, 2020
imhotep:

Cc lzaa itooworwor
There is no enough isolation center cheesy but there is enough land for Ruga grin grin Sai mama Sai baba Sai next-level
Cc lzaa

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Enough Places To Isolate Nigerians Returning From Abroad — FG by mcmbonu: 8:00am On Apr 17, 2020
You have enough land for Ruga but not for Safety
Re: No Enough Places To Isolate Nigerians Returning From Abroad — FG by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 17, 2020
ItooWorWor:

There is no enough isolation center cheesy but there is enough land for Ruga grin grin
Sai mama
Sai baba
Sai next-level

Cc lzaa
Next Level grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Enough Places To Isolate Nigerians Returning From Abroad — FG by Lovelive: 8:50am On Apr 17, 2020
Useless set of people called FG and the lifeless presidiot is their mentor
Re: No Enough Places To Isolate Nigerians Returning From Abroad — FG by Afolabimills(m): 8:59am On Apr 17, 2020
Very useless govt
Re: No Enough Places To Isolate Nigerians Returning From Abroad — FG by Blackfire(m): 9:30am On Apr 17, 2020
PDP is to be blamed for years of neglect...

We are solidly behind you our darling president from the south to the north.

We put our hope in your hand, our president
Re: No Enough Places To Isolate Nigerians Returning From Abroad — FG by LZAA: 10:51am On Apr 17, 2020
imhotep:

Cc lzaa itooworwor
grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Enough Places To Isolate Nigerians Returning From Abroad — FG by Newphil: 11:06am On Apr 17, 2020
Government could facilitate quarantine facility at their bases and if they tested negative after two weeks, they can fly them down.
Re: No Enough Places To Isolate Nigerians Returning From Abroad — FG by redsun(m): 11:09am On Apr 17, 2020
What happened to the empty hotels that are running out of business as a result of the lockdown. The government should keep them in business by using their services to accommodate the so-called returnees.

It is a bailout time muderfuckers, and not a time for looting.

(1) (Reply)

Just In!!! Imo NULGE Workers To Go On Strike Over Salary Non-Payment / COVID-19: Ikpeazu Declares Curfew In Abia / Federal Government Complete Bridge Linking IMO And Anambra Communities (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.