Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,165 members, 7,977,387 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 07:23 AM

Boko Haram Factional Leader, Abubakar Shekau, Mulls Ceasefire - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Factional Leader, Abubakar Shekau, Mulls Ceasefire (1185 Views)

Abubakar Shekau Dead; Commits Suicide During ISWAP Attack - Eons Intelligence / Abubakar Shekau Condemns Kano Death Sentence Of Yahaya Sherif Aminu / Abubakar Shekau Reaching Out To Mediators For Ceasefire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Factional Leader, Abubakar Shekau, Mulls Ceasefire by Islie: 7:22pm On Apr 17, 2020
The Boko Haram factional leader, Abubakar Shekau, is considering a ceasefire with the Nigerian government, credible intelligence sources in the North-East Theatre of Operations told The Vanguard.

The source told the newspaper that Mr Shekau had started making frantic efforts to seek a soft landing as he prepares to surrender.

According to the source, the Boko Haram leader has started reaching out to some International Non-Governmental Organizations for a deal with the Nigerian government towards granting him amnesty.

“I think the end of Boko Haram is coming close as Abubakar Shekau has been making overtures through proxies for a soft landing for him to surrender to the Nigerian authorities.

“He has been desperate about it, and the intensity is occasioned with the avalanche of coordinated operations launched in recent times against the group, especially in the Timbuktu triangle,” the source said.

The source further added that in recent times the Boko Haram group had suffered casualties that put the group in a tight corner.

According to him, the gap is closing in on Abubakar Shekau as it stands.

“The series of coordinated attacks on their hideouts has made it impossible for any escape as the military has been attacking from several flanks, and any attempt to escape now is virtually impossible.”

“The Chief of Army Staff has given an order that Abubakar Shekau is captured alive. The Chief has been in Borno State and there is a likelihood that he is going to be around for a long period given his body language of not leaving anything to chance in this critical operation,” the source added.

The newspaper also gathered that the Boko Haram group had also reached out to some International Non-Governmental Organizations to seek a deal with the Nigerian government towards granting amnesty to it.

A top staffer of one of the NGOs (name withheld) confirmed that on several occasions, Mr Shekau had sent emissaries to their organization to help secure an amnesty deal with the government of Nigeria.

“We were shocked in the initial stages, thinking it was a hoax. But this continued, and we were left with no choice than to inform the security agencies in a bid to protect ourselves.”

https://dailynigerian.com/boko-haram-factional-leader-abubakar-shekau-mulls-ceasefire/

Lalasticlala
Re: Boko Haram Factional Leader, Abubakar Shekau, Mulls Ceasefire by Yenefer(f): 7:24pm On Apr 17, 2020
Fake news shekau that I know will rader die than to consider ceasefire

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Factional Leader, Abubakar Shekau, Mulls Ceasefire by Racoon(m): 7:27pm On Apr 17, 2020
angry Same BH the Nigerian army have technically defeated or terribly down graded long time ago? Same government that is granting BH amnesty? This must be a costly joke.The only good terrorist is a dead terrorist.Shakau is not ready for this charade now.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Factional Leader, Abubakar Shekau, Mulls Ceasefire by GOFRONT(m): 7:27pm On Apr 17, 2020
Audio Ceasefire
Re: Boko Haram Factional Leader, Abubakar Shekau, Mulls Ceasefire by hisgrace090: 7:30pm On Apr 17, 2020
Kudos to chad!!!
Re: Boko Haram Factional Leader, Abubakar Shekau, Mulls Ceasefire by dawnomike(m): 7:30pm On Apr 17, 2020
Until i see images like that of by the Chadian military... I choose to be sceptical.
My respect only goes to our gallant foot soldiers for holding the forth this long while their generals grow pot-bellies.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Factional Leader, Abubakar Shekau, Mulls Ceasefire by EzzyCarter: 7:34pm On Apr 17, 2020
If you believe an Islamic terrorist would cease fire, ion know what to say to you sad
Re: Boko Haram Factional Leader, Abubakar Shekau, Mulls Ceasefire by REDshouse(m): 7:34pm On Apr 17, 2020
See what Chad has led them to...

That it is better to surrender to Nigeria than to Chad ..cos he can also become a general in Nigeria army in the near future after being granted presidential amnesty and pardon.....
Re: Boko Haram Factional Leader, Abubakar Shekau, Mulls Ceasefire by budaatum: 7:37pm On Apr 17, 2020

Re: Boko Haram Factional Leader, Abubakar Shekau, Mulls Ceasefire by princemillla(m): 7:40pm On Apr 17, 2020
Lies from the out of hell. That boko leader will rather commit suicide then if it turns out to be true then it's a stage game arranged by key people in this current govt
Re: Boko Haram Factional Leader, Abubakar Shekau, Mulls Ceasefire by FINESHIRT(m): 7:43pm On Apr 17, 2020
Ok
Re: Boko Haram Factional Leader, Abubakar Shekau, Mulls Ceasefire by budaatum: 7:44pm On Apr 17, 2020

Re: Boko Haram Factional Leader, Abubakar Shekau, Mulls Ceasefire by Ajibade123(m): 7:45pm On Apr 17, 2020
Yenefer:
you know Shekau??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Factional Leader, Abubakar Shekau, Mulls Ceasefire by sapientia(m): 7:47pm On Apr 17, 2020
We are waiting.
Re: Boko Haram Factional Leader, Abubakar Shekau, Mulls Ceasefire by deji68: 8:01pm On Apr 17, 2020
Yinmu.... wink wink
Re: Boko Haram Factional Leader, Abubakar Shekau, Mulls Ceasefire by middlebelter(m): 8:04pm On Apr 17, 2020
Yenefer:

Aha, so you know him!?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Factional Leader, Abubakar Shekau, Mulls Ceasefire by Yenefer(f): 8:17pm On Apr 17, 2020
middlebelter:

Aha, so you know him!?

Yep
Re: Boko Haram Factional Leader, Abubakar Shekau, Mulls Ceasefire by seunmsg(m): 8:18pm On Apr 17, 2020
If Shekau is interested in a surrendering, FG should immediately accept his surrender. However, it must be an unconditional surrender. After surrendering, Shekau should be immediately arrested, tried and hanged in an open market in Maiduguri.
Re: Boko Haram Factional Leader, Abubakar Shekau, Mulls Ceasefire by Yenefer(f): 8:19pm On Apr 17, 2020
Ajibade123:

you know Shekau??
Yes he used to come to our house for tea, I know right whatever u posted on nairaland Is been recorded. I swear I know shekau
Re: Boko Haram Factional Leader, Abubakar Shekau, Mulls Ceasefire by gloriaunobi(f): 8:24pm On Apr 17, 2020
Thank you Tchad
Re: Boko Haram Factional Leader, Abubakar Shekau, Mulls Ceasefire by saaron(m): 8:39pm On Apr 17, 2020
If these preplaned lies turned out to be true, then the credit should go to Chadian armed forces. Terrorists only fear govts that slaughters terrorist, not regimes that grant Amnesty to terrorists.
ONE NIGERIA IS DEAD!
Re: Boko Haram Factional Leader, Abubakar Shekau, Mulls Ceasefire by Corrinthians(m): 9:14pm On Apr 17, 2020
Racoon:
angry Same BH the Nigerian army have technically defeated or terribly down graded long time ago? Same government that is granting BH amnesty? This must be a costly joke.The only good terrorist is a dead terrorist.Shakau is not ready for this charade now.
I know you're butt hurt over this news and your greatest pain would be to see this government triumph over Boko Haram.

If you pdp supporters like them so much, why dont you simply take up arms and fight alongside them? That should count for more than simply supporting them online.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Factional Leader, Abubakar Shekau, Mulls Ceasefire by Nobody: 9:56pm On Apr 17, 2020
Corrinthians:
I know you're butt hurt over this news and your greatest pain would be to see this government triumph over Boko Haram.

If you pdp supporters like them so much, why dont you simply take up arms and fight alongside them? That should count for more than simply supporting them online.
My brother i tire for that guy o..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Factional Leader, Abubakar Shekau, Mulls Ceasefire by mytime24(f): 10:13pm On Apr 17, 2020
Corona ceasefire cheesy

Other delay menthod to await more weapons angry

Since Chadian army don seize almost all their weapons angry

Re: Boko Haram Factional Leader, Abubakar Shekau, Mulls Ceasefire by Blue3k(m): 10:20pm On Apr 17, 2020
The newspaper also gathered that the Boko Haram group had also reached out to some International Non-Governmental Organizations to seek a deal with the Nigerian government towards granting amnesty to it.

Lol what does Nigeria gain giving boko haram a ceasefire? If they dont want to fight surrender and release your captives.
Re: Boko Haram Factional Leader, Abubakar Shekau, Mulls Ceasefire by Ajibade123(m): 11:12pm On Apr 17, 2020
Yenefer:
Yes he used to come to our house for tea, I know right whatever u posted on nairaland Is been recorded. I swear I know shekau
Sister Yenefer I am really sorry lemmie be packing my load...I don't want Shekau at my door
Re: Boko Haram Factional Leader, Abubakar Shekau, Mulls Ceasefire by Avalancheman: 11:15pm On Apr 17, 2020
Lai lai! angry

He must be destroyed!! angry

Boko Haram must be destroyed completely!!! angry
Re: Boko Haram Factional Leader, Abubakar Shekau, Mulls Ceasefire by Walikanga: 11:30pm On Apr 17, 2020
[s]
Corrinthians:

[/s]

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Osinbajo Presents Economic Sustainability Plan To President Buhari / BREAKING: FG Deliberate On Suspension Of NYSC For 2years - (details) / My Brother's Death Has Left A Huge Responsibility On Me - Rotimi Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.