Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,904 members, 7,886,443 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 10:27 AM

Nollywood Actor, Mr. Ibu’s Wife, Kids Kidnapped - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nollywood Actor, Mr. Ibu’s Wife, Kids Kidnapped (2947 Views)

Kcee's Millionaire Brother E-money, His Wife & Kids / Comic Actor Mr. Ibu Shows Off Massive Weight Loss In New Photos / Photo- Meet Jim Iyke’s Wife & Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nollywood Actor, Mr. Ibu’s Wife, Kids Kidnapped by MeGaStReEt: 1:44am On Jan 06, 2011
Heavily armed men suspected to be kidnappers, yesterday night, invaded the Agbani Road, Enugu State home of top actor/comedian, John Okafor, popularly known as Mr. Ibu and abducted his wife and three children.

The abductors who came in a BMW car later released two of his children, a boy and girl, but were still holding the wife and one of the sons as at the time of filing this report. Daily Sun gathered that the kidnappers who immediately opened a communication line with the popular entertainer’s family were demanding a N50 million ransom before those currently being held captive would regain their freedom.

Confirming the ugly incident, devastated Mr. Ibu from Nkanu, Enugu State, who spoke via phone, condemned the act and pleaded with the kidnappers to immediately release his wife and son without any further delay. “I was at an event yesterday in Enugu when I got a call that my wife and children had been kidnapped by some heavily armed youths. I was also told the abductors came to my house in a BMW car and started trailing my family members since morning.

They later released two of my children, a boy and girl, but are still holding my wife and one of my sons. They are demanding N50 million ransom. Where on earth will I get such a huge amount from? God in heaven knows I do not have such amount of money anywhere in this world,” lamented the star of several Nollywood films, in an emotion-laden voice.

Crestfallen Mr. Ibu, who equally told Daily Sun the abduction was immediately reported at the Enugu State Police Command, went further to blame some politicians, whom he accused of arming innocent, frustrated and jobless youths with dangerous weapons, because of their greed for power.

“If you ask me to comment more on this incessant issue of kidnapping, I will blame it on desperate politicians who are the ones arming these jobless youths. My family and friends are praying that God should touch the hearts of these kidnappers so that they can release my wife and son immediately without any harm or ransom. I also want to thank the Enugu Police Command; they have been of immense help since the kidnap took place.”

Hilarious Ibu, one of the leading names in the nation’s motion picture industry, joined Nollywood as a production hand, before hitting it big as a comic star. He’s well-travelled with over 100 hit films to his credit, among them the blockbuster comedy, Mr. Ibu. Also reacting, top Nollywood Director/Producer, Mr. Theodore Anyanji, condemned the act in its entirety and urged the kidnappers to immediately set free, “an innocent mother and her hapless son.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/jan/06/national-06-01-2011-015.htm
Re: Nollywood Actor, Mr. Ibu’s Wife, Kids Kidnapped by Orton10(m): 1:48am On Jan 06, 2011
Those are ma boys. Great Job!!!
E must pay dat money.
Re: Nollywood Actor, Mr. Ibu’s Wife, Kids Kidnapped by mamagee3(f): 2:23am On Jan 06, 2011
^^Do you work with those kidnappers?

Seriously, everyone should learn to work for their money and property.

Taking the properties of hardworking individuals is not right at all.
Re: Nollywood Actor, Mr. Ibu’s Wife, Kids Kidnapped by Orton10(m): 2:41am On Jan 06, 2011
Yeah i guess u're right.
BUT you know Karma has a way of catching up with people.
Everyone will payback for their sins/what they took from the society in one way or anoda. And i guess he's time is now.

Feel Bad for Him though. Goodluck Ibu ma bradah.
Re: Nollywood Actor, Mr. Ibu’s Wife, Kids Kidnapped by shotster50(m): 3:35am On Jan 06, 2011
Orton1_0:

E must pay dat money.

You should do some soul-searching. Maybe you'll find one.
Re: Nollywood Actor, Mr. Ibu’s Wife, Kids Kidnapped by niceone3(m): 7:58am On Jan 06, 2011
@ Orton1_O
Are u 4 real? What has he done to deserve that?
Re: Nollywood Actor, Mr. Ibu’s Wife, Kids Kidnapped by bleedinluv: 8:32am On Jan 06, 2011
@orton_10, u shd tnk God 4 d anonymity of dis web, else i'l investigate u, 2 even be d ist 2 reply is pathetic. Wat do u mean by karma? Is Ibu a politican? Has he eaten ur money? He works hard 2 earn his pay, U nd UR BOYS tink u deserve d money.JOBLESS YOUTH. <WINKS > nd strolls off.
Re: Nollywood Actor, Mr. Ibu’s Wife, Kids Kidnapped by ifyalways(f): 8:40am On Jan 06, 2011
Unfortunate for Mr. Ibu . . . But those kidnappers are jokers,expecting Ibu to pay 50M shocked
Which way Nigeria?
Re: Nollywood Actor, Mr. Ibu’s Wife, Kids Kidnapped by softgirl1: 8:46am On Jan 06, 2011
where on earth will he get the money from i pray the realise them o dis is so unfair hum
Re: Nollywood Actor, Mr. Ibu’s Wife, Kids Kidnapped by bleedinluv: 8:47am On Jan 06, 2011
@orton1-0, u shd tnk God 4 d anonymity of dis web else i wil investigate u. Wat do u mean by karma? Did ibu eat ur money? Is he a politican? 2 tink u wer d ist poster is PATHETIC! he works hard 2 earn his pay nd u tink U ND UR BOYS deserve IT. JOBLEss YOUTH! <WINKS>ND strolls off
Re: Nollywood Actor, Mr. Ibu’s Wife, Kids Kidnapped by denitro(m): 8:53am On Jan 06, 2011
Orton1_0:

E must pay dat money.

People like you should be locked up.
The very reason why people like you are allowed to roam the streets is a clear
indication that the justice system has failed to do it's job
Re: Nollywood Actor, Mr. Ibu’s Wife, Kids Kidnapped by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 06, 2011
OMG is this story true? shocked shocked shocked What is Nigeria becoming? undecided just last year Nkem and now Mr ibu, this has got to stop.

Orton1_0:

E must pay dat money.
Suen/moderators i hope you guys are seeing this. You ban some people for no valid reason when people like this are roaming around the forum.
Re: Nollywood Actor, Mr. Ibu’s Wife, Kids Kidnapped by Orton10(m): 4:11pm On Jan 06, 2011
rokiatu:

OMG is this story true? shocked shocked shocked What is Nigeria becoming? undecided just last year Nkem and now Mr ibu, this has got to stop.
Suen/moderators i hope you guys are seeing this. You ban some people for no valid reason when people like this are roaming around the forum.

Malama Rokiatu why're you getting worked up over nothing? The kidnappers are out there and if you care so much, contribute ur own quota of the ransome. And btw, You'll miss me don't you fink?, *winks*, and to fink i was startin nu like ya, embarassed embarassed embarassed

denitro:

People like you should be locked up.
The very reason why people like you are allowed to roam the streets is a clear
indication that the justice system has failed to do it's job

Don't blame our Justice system for anything Nitro, You're a failure to urself for finking dat way. And if you care soo much, be lawyer or better still join the Police force to keep the 'bad guys' like me off the streets, looser!

bleedinluv:

@orton1-0, u shd tnk God 4 d anonymity of dis web else i wil investigate u. Wat do u mean by karma? Did ibu eat your money? Is he a politican? 2 tink u wer d ist poster is PATHETIC! he works hard 2 earn his pay nd u tink U ND your BOYS deserve IT. JOBLEss YOUTH! <WINKS>ND strolls off

You're as Shallow-minded and naïve as your silly name implies. Who said anything bout politics?, Since you knw the victim so well, maybe you should go n console him. Looking for someone to point accusing fingers at, sorry bradah it ain't me. And wtf are calling calling a youth?,

nice.one:

@ Orton1_O
Are u 4 real? What has he done to deserve that?

Nahh bro, was just kiddin. Ev'bady has their problems, I've got mine, You've certainly got yours, And its glaring that this is his. Like i said, i do sincerely feel bad for him.
shotster50:

You should do some soul-searching. Maybe you'll find one.

Yeah i've done enough soul-searching to last me a lifetime.

@All Concerned.

No hard feelings.k
Re: Nollywood Actor, Mr. Ibu’s Wife, Kids Kidnapped by denitro(m): 5:50pm On Jan 06, 2011
Orton1_0:

Malama Rokiatu why're you getting worked up over nothing? The kidnappers are out there and if you care so much, contribute your own quota of the ransome. And btw, You'll miss me don't you fink?, *winks*, and to fink i was startin nu like ya, embarassed embarassed embarassed

Don't blame our Justice system for anything Nitro, You're a failure to urself for finking dat way. And if you care soo much, be lawyer or better still join the Police force to keep the 'bad guys' like me off the streets, looser!

You're as Shallow-minded and naïve as your silly name implies. Who said anything bout politics?, Since you knw the victim so well, maybe you should go n console him. Looking for someone to point accusing fingers at, sorry bradah it ain't me. And wtf are calling calling a youth?,

Nahh bro, was just kiddin. Ev'bady has their problems, I've got mine, You've certainly got yours, And its glaring that this is his. Like i said, i do sincerely feel bad for him.
Yeah i've done enough soul-searching to last me a lifetime.

@All Concerned.

No hard feelings.k

Desperate attempt to justify your dark mind.
If I were you I will apologize and retract my statement
Re: Nollywood Actor, Mr. Ibu’s Wife, Kids Kidnapped by Orton10(m): 6:48pm On Jan 06, 2011
^

Too bad you ain't me and can never be.
Nitro bro getta life, and stop taking pain relievers for someone elses headache. you're boring me already.Go sympathize wif 'em victim for all i care. Im outta here Nitro, catch you later.
Re: Nollywood Actor, Mr. Ibu’s Wife, Kids Kidnapped by Dolemite(f): 6:48pm On Jan 06, 2011
Orton1_0:

E must pay dat money.
You are wicked, one day your parents will pay for your own head. . .
Re: Nollywood Actor, Mr. Ibu’s Wife, Kids Kidnapped by Orton10(m): 1:02am On Jan 07, 2011
^

Baby dis has notin to do wif ma old folks ok?
If you want ma head so badly, then come take it. Until den pls keep shut.
Re: Nollywood Actor, Mr. Ibu’s Wife, Kids Kidnapped by no1madman(m): 1:10am On Jan 07, 2011
Igbo man no go drop money. . . .

(1) (Reply)

Celebrities React To Goldie's Death On Twitter / Photos: Nollywood Actress, Tonto Dikeh, Rocks New Hairdo! / Wizkid's Boo Shows Off Her New Look.. Do You Like?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.