Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,137 members, 7,931,895 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 02:05 PM

We(north) Don't Need You(south) To Rule-atiku - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We(north) Don't Need You(south) To Rule-atiku (2015 Views)

Northern Youths Tells Igbos, Yorubas And South South To Leave North / Ojukwu’s Burial: S’east, S’south To Be Closed Down, As Uwazuruike Blasts / Why Is The North Most Developed In Nigeria,south to caughtup in 100 years(pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We(north) Don't Need You(south) To Rule-atiku by aljharem(m): 5:06pm On Jan 06, 2011
fstranger1:

How?

Look, If Atiku is going to be the president. For his presidency to be successful, he has to carry the Nigerian Congress along.
And there is no way they would allow him run amok, at the detriment of the south
Atiku, and all presidents, would be fair to everyone. That is not my concern.

The economy is run by the southerners, believe it or not.
Bother yourself not about him keeping the status quo.

Whether northerner or southerner, the president cannot do it alone.
And moreover, quota system is enshrined in the constitution, so I doubt if he would be able to do things in favor of the north without risking the wrath of the rest of the country.

He is not making threats, he is just being honest
Ken Nnamani alluded to the same thing a fews back; yet you did not cry about it.

good one

@ola edo

this is were me and my igbo brothers fight

if they are not honest with themselves how do we make good friends and family undecided

if they contiune to be partial, how can we progress undecided

if ola edo that claims to represent yorubas on this forum, start to lie behalf of them, how do we progree from this undecided

ola edo, you clearly do not know your history or politics so stop posting crap on the internet and grow up when you present your agrument undecided
Re: We(north) Don't Need You(south) To Rule-atiku by Olaedo1: 5:10pm On Jan 06, 2011
alj harem:

good one

@ola edo

this is were me and my igbo brothers fight

if they are not honest with themselves how do we make good friends and family undecided

if they contiune to be partial, how can we progress undecided

if ola edo that claims to represent yorubas on this forum, start to lie behalf of them, how do we progree from this undecided

ola edo, you clearly do not know your history or politics so stop posting crap on the internet and grow up when you present your agrument undecided

Explain.
Re: We(north) Don't Need You(south) To Rule-atiku by Olaedo1: 5:17pm On Jan 06, 2011
fstranger1:

How?

Look, If Atiku is going to be the president. For his presidency to be successful, he has to carry the Nigerian Congress along.
And there is no way they would allow him run amok, at the detriment of the south
Atiku, and all presidents, would be fair to everyone. That is not my concern.

The economy is run by the southerners, believe it or not.
Bother yourself not about him keeping the status quo.

Whether northerner or southerner, the president cannot do it alone.
And moreover, quota system is enshrined in the constitution, so I doubt if he would be able to do things in favor of the north without risking the wrath of the rest of the country.

He is not making threats, he is just being honest
Ken Nnamani alluded to the same thing a few days back; yet you did not cry about it.

Ken Nnamani is irrelevant to me. He only concerned about his Igbo presidency which he thinks he will get in 2015.So sad. Has he asked Atiku why his(Nnamanis) region only have 5 states, which takes away tremendously from the amount of delegates they have when compared to the other zones?Nnamani lol, i dey laugh
Re: We(north) Don't Need You(south) To Rule-atiku by aljharem2: 5:17pm On Jan 06, 2011
Ola edo:

Explain.

you claim that the south-east were involved in throwing MKO to jail because i definatly know that the south west did not
Ola edo:

I think his point was that after MKO 'secured' Igbo vote he turned around and said he did not need the Igbo then also said we was going to the U.S. and other internation superpowers and reporting all of the 'corrupt northerners'. [b]That is what led the two regions to team up annul the election and throw him in jai[/b]l. So I've heard.

also when you talk of 2 regions throwing him in jail, was not abacha that did it not north or south-east

abacha never repersented us northerners because he also did not like hausa and wanted to break the unity between the northern ethnic groups smiley
Re: We(north) Don't Need You(south) To Rule-atiku by aljharem2: 5:20pm On Jan 06, 2011
Ola edo:

Ken Nnamani is irrelevant to me. He only concerned about his Igbo presidency which he thinks he will get in 2015.So sad. Has he asked Atiku why his(Nnamanis) region only have 5 states, which takes away tremendously from the amount of delegates they have when compared to the other zones?Nnamani lol, i dey laugh

sorry, can i ask why you are laughing

we igbos are ready to produce the president just like any other group in nigeria undecided

the amount of states and delegates in the east does not matter so long as we get the right person, i believe the nation will vote for us
Re: We(north) Don't Need You(south) To Rule-atiku by Olaedo1: 5:26pm On Jan 06, 2011
alj-harem:

you claim that the south-east were involved in throwing MKO to jail because i definatly know that the south west did not
also when you talk of 2 regions throwing him in jail, was not abacha that did it not north or south-east

abacha never repersented us northerners because he also did not like hausa and wanted to break the unity between the northern ethnic groups smiley

Look, we are arguing from two different stand-points. It's quite clear you don't know how the cabals work. Abacha was not a single man.Others such as IBB and so all ate together. Doesn't mean that Abacha didn't get power drunk and not lash out at fellow northerners. Also, whether you like it or not, in nigeria and to nigerians, he represented the north since he is from the north. Abacha was your brother, a kanuri.
Re: We(north) Don't Need You(south) To Rule-atiku by muhsin(m): 5:28pm On Jan 06, 2011
Rubbish. Lets have an authentic source if you want us to believe.
Re: We(north) Don't Need You(south) To Rule-atiku by aljharem(m): 5:39pm On Jan 06, 2011
Ola edo:

Look, we are arguing from two different stand-points. It's quite clear you don't know how the cabals work. Abacha was not a single man.Others such as IBB and so all ate together. Doesn't mean that Abacha didn't get power drunk and not lash out at fellow northerners. Also, whether you like it or not, in nigeria and to nigerians, he represented the north since he is from the north. Abacha was your brother, a kanuri.

all u posted here is crap

pls explain to me how the so called cabals work undecided

how do a man, who became the head of state from a coup represent the whole north that has kanuri, fulani, hausa etc undecided undecided

even in the north, majority of us did not like abacha

if he was representing us northerners, he is not meant to have about 3000 armed soldiers protecting him in ABUJA a northern state undecided

so what are you talking about

should i now say that kalu uzo represents the south-east because he was a leader in one of the states undecided

ola edo, you are not being reasonable here cool
Re: We(north) Don't Need You(south) To Rule-atiku by Olaedo1: 5:48pm On Jan 06, 2011
alj harem:

all u posted here is crap

pls explain to me how the so called cabals work undecided

how do a man, who became the head of state from a coup represent the whole north that has kanuri, fulani, hausa etc undecided undecided

even in the north, majority of us did not like abacha

if he was representing us northerners, he is not meant to have about 3000 armed soldiers protecting him in ABUJA a northern state undecided

so what are you talking about

should i now say that kalu uzo represents the south-east because he was a leader in one of the states undecided

ola edo, you are not being reasonable here cool

Uzo Orji Kalu was never president,but if he was then he would be seen as representing the SE.
Re: We(north) Don't Need You(south) To Rule-atiku by Barkono: 5:50pm On Jan 06, 2011
Quote from: omamokta:
Atiku does not deserve to be our president, from his utterances lately, he has lost it. If he thinks he can rule Nigeria without the south, he should ve asked the late MKO what he said about the Igbos during the 1992/93 presidential elections. He should remember there are alot of ABN today. He should thread softly instead of setting the country on

It sounds to me, you are not averse with the sociology, economics and  philosophy of politics. Ok, let's say he needs the south at 39% of total votes cast. If gej has 61% of total votes cast, will that make you happy?
Politics is all about number. And I Atiku is being pragmatic. He is our no. 1 politician for now.
Re: We(north) Don't Need You(south) To Rule-atiku by Olaedo1: 5:52pm On Jan 06, 2011
muhsin:

Rubbish. Lets have an authentic source if you want us to believe.

This is what he actually said:

[size=13pt]Atiku visits Rivers, hammers on PDP’s zoning principle[/size]

Thursday, 06 January 2011

Former vice-president and presidential aspirant on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has advised delegates from the South-South zone of the country to take caution while casting their votes at the forthcoming presidential primaries of the party in Abuja.

Abubakar, who was speaking during a visit to the Rivers State secretariat of the party in Port Harcourt, on Wednesday, noted that the principle of zoning, as stipulated in the party’s constitution, must be adhered to.

“The January 13, 2011 PDP primaries is very historic; it will determine the future of this country. Zoning is part of our party constitution, but it is very saddening   that some people are kicking against it.

“The fact of PDP party primaries ahead of us is that delegates from the North alone constitute 61 per cent, while those of South are mere 39 per cent, but my coming here is to show that we still need each other as a nation,” he said.

Abubakar, who also spoke at the secretariat of the Rivers State Traditional Rulers Council, said if elected president, he would revisit 1975/76 Local Government Reform to give more powers to the traditional institution.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/15763-atiku-visits-rivers-hammers-on-pdps-zoning-principle
Re: We(north) Don't Need You(south) To Rule-atiku by Depilot(m): 5:59pm On Jan 06, 2011
Even though, the statement is not too far from the truth, but I do not think Atiku could be desperate enough to make such a statement.
Do not underestimate Atiku. He understands politics, he's smart and very knowledgeable when it comes to winning.

Do not let us forget that he stepped aside to make way for MKO and pretty much lifted Obasanjo from dust straight to Aso Rock.
It is still a solid fact that if it was for Atiku Obasanjo would have been a broke man and an irrelevant old man in our society today.

Atiku has real powerful loyal supporters behind me while Jonathan is decorated with nothing but large number of psychophants.

Yes, when it comes to technicality an Igbo president has no chance. It isn't right, but it is a fact.
And I believe that was the purpose of Zoning in the first place.
Re: We(north) Don't Need You(south) To Rule-atiku by aljharem(m): 6:16pm On Jan 06, 2011
Ola edo:

Uzo Orji Kalu was never president,but if he was then he would be seen as representing the SE.

so does obasanjo represent the south-west, know full well that he did not win any election in that region of nigeria and till date his people are still cursing him undecided

there was even a resent event of fayose and obj and another man beating him up at the airport in lagos a Yoruba state undecided
Re: We(north) Don't Need You(south) To Rule-atiku by Olaedo1: 6:27pm On Jan 06, 2011
alj harem:

so does obasanjo represent the south-west, know full well that he did not win any election in that region of nigeria and till date his people are still cursing him undecided

there was even a resent event of fayose and obj and another man beating him up at the airport in lagos a Yoruba state undecided

The question is why was his people mad at him. It is because he was representing them but in a bad way. Everything in nigeria is on a general basis.Northerners and Easterners see Obj as representing the SW period.
Re: We(north) Don't Need You(south) To Rule-atiku by aljharem(m): 6:36pm On Jan 06, 2011
Ola edo:

The question is why was his people mad at him. It is because he was representing them but in a bad way. Everything in nigeria is on a general basis.Northerners and Easterners see Obj as representing the SW period.

ola edo what are u talking about

you are not a yoruba man fact!!!!!

secondly, 1999 when obj was presented as a presidential candidate, did the yorubas accept him or not,,,,,,,,,

did the south-west not produce falaye as there Representative on the Federal level

ola edo, i find some of your post very very disturbing as you really do not know ur history about YOUR yoruba people undecided
Re: We(north) Don't Need You(south) To Rule-atiku by Olaedo1: 6:55pm On Jan 06, 2011
alj harem:

ola edo  what are u talking about

you are not a yoruba man    fact!!!!!

secondly, 1999 when obj was presented as a presidential candidate, did the yorubas accept him or not,,,,,,,,,

did the south-west not produce falaye as there Representative on the Federal level

ola edo, i find some of your post very very disturbing as you really do not know your history about YOUR yoruba people undecided

Why are u so concerned about the yoruba.Since you claim you are "not yoruba". I don't know my history or you just dont understand english well.What does falaye have to do with anything i said Mr. "I am not yoruba,i am kanuri"? Whether you agree or not Nigerians see OBJ as representing the SW/Yorubas. Just as IBB,Abacha, Yaradua, Murtala all represented the north.End of argument and since "you are not yoruba" stay off yoruba nuts. You don't have to agree but your thoughts are in the minorities of minorities amongst nigerians.
Re: We(north) Don't Need You(south) To Rule-atiku by Obiagu1(m): 7:12pm On Jan 06, 2011
The fact of PDP party primaries ahead of us is that delegates from the North alone constitute 61%, while those of South are mere 39%, but my coming here is to show that we still need each other as a nation

This is a fact. Let those shortsighted people realize what will become of the South if we kill zoning.
Re: We(north) Don't Need You(south) To Rule-atiku by Olaedo1: 7:19pm On Jan 06, 2011
Obiagu1:

This is a fact. Let those shortsighted people realize what will become of the South if we kill zoning.

So if PDP selects Atiku but Atiku loses to Buhari,which is more than likely going to happens, lets say 2015 comes, will it be the turn of the Igbos then? grin
Re: We(north) Don't Need You(south) To Rule-atiku by Obiagu1(m): 7:20pm On Jan 06, 2011
Ola edo:

So if PDP selects Atiku but Atiku loses to Buhari,which is more than likely going to happens, lets say 2015 comes, will it be the turn of the Igbos then? grin

Buhari or Atiku, it is still North. The shortcut (zoning) the South took to become president in 1999 will be dead afterall.
Re: We(north) Don't Need You(south) To Rule-atiku by aljharem(m): 7:27pm On Jan 06, 2011
Ola edo:

Why are u so concerned about the yoruba.Since you claim you are "not yoruba". I don't know my history or you just dont understand english well.What does falaye have to do with anything i said Mr. "I am not yoruba,i am kanuri"? Whether you agree or not Nigerians see OBJ as representing the SW/Yorubas. Just as IBB,Abacha, Yaradua, Murtala all represented the north.End of argument and since "you are not yoruba" stay off yoruba nuts. You don't have to agree but your thoughts are in the minorities of minorities amongst nigerians.

silly as usual

well what do i expect undecided

a mumu like you telling me that abacha represents the north

i will be in yoruba and igbo thread as long as i you exist so i tell you go take poison to ease your stress about me

because it is people like you that misinform the younger generation about history

inyarmaria and Bayarabe will always be the same undecided
Re: We(north) Don't Need You(south) To Rule-atiku by Olaedo1: 7:28pm On Jan 06, 2011
Obiagu1:

Buhari or Atiku, it is still North. The shortcut (zoning) the South took to become president in 1999 will be dead afterall.

Nope brother, that is strictly a PDP matter.Buhari has nothing to do with it. So I think now you know that if they pitch camp with Atiku instead of GJ that your Igbo presidency under PDP in 2015 isn't going to happen because it will still be the north's turn. Buhari vs Atiku is strictly about civilian votes now,no more primaries. In this case Buhari will definitely win.
Re: We(north) Don't Need You(south) To Rule-atiku by SoJaded: 8:12am On Jan 07, 2011
the post actually read out the way i put it, but unfortunately i don't know how to do the source thingy
meanwhile everyone seems to have missed my point which is the obvious lopsidedness in the way our votes in Nigeria are counted 19 states to 17 states etc, and u wonder at the southern reps in the assembly or they don't know that tht is their function to defend our interests ?not fighting over allowances

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Is A Goner / Security Tip- Get Atleast 2 Wicked Dogs / The Asagba Of Asaba, Obi (prof) Chike Edozien

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.