Stats: 3,187,449 members, 7,932,470 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 07:41 AM

Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding (65057 Views)

Abba Kyari And Geoffrey Onyeama In The 70s (Throwback Photo) / Abba Kyari: Was Kemi Olunloyo Right About Death In Aso Rock? / Geoffrey Onyeama And Lawyer's Whatsapp Conversation Intercepted At The UN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by AreaFada2: 8:24pm On Apr 19, 2020
9jaRealist:

Abegi don’t jump to generalized stereotypes...
Onyeama was always a regular visitor well-versed in his rural community of Eke-Udi.

His grandfather was the local chief...
And while his father became a Judge at the World Court in The Hague, this is a well-grounded family.

Meanwhile, instead of using his father’s name to do rent-seeking in Nigeria...
Dude went out there and competed with the very best in the international community.
>
Regular visitor. But still a visitor.

In any case, I did not exclude those who always lived in Nigeria. My point remains same. Even those international community, you need strong recommendation from home govt and connections. You think he was the only smart person from Igboland or Nigeria who could do that job abroad?
Fact is, like I mentioned, Nigerian politicians and appointees are a close-nit clique.

His long ties with Kyari (the de factor president until his death) shows it.

Anyway you look at it, he went from local elite to political elite.

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by osuofia2(m): 8:24pm On Apr 19, 2020
obailala:
Okay, Kyari was the CinC.
Surrogate CinC , the dullard doesn't know anything going on around him
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by 9jaRealist: 8:30pm On Apr 19, 2020
AreaFada2:

In any case, I did not exclude those who always lived in Nigeria. My point remains same. Even those international community, you need strong recommendation from home govt and connections. You think he was the only smart person from Igboland or Nigeria who could do that job abroad?
Fact is, like I mentioned, Nigerian politicians and appointees are a close-nit clique.

He didn’t get the WIPO job from Nigeria...
He was not sent by Nigeria, but joined as a junior officer and rose through the ranks.
>
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 19, 2020
Oxb90:
No wonder you
You got the ministerial appointment.
thank you! you talk wetin dey my mind..lol
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by elchapoo: 8:46pm On Apr 19, 2020
A picture of the child dedication and wedding or I don't believe it.
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by InvertedHammer: 8:48pm On Apr 19, 2020
Greennotes:
All of you met yourselves many years ago.

And many of you who have contributed and are still contributing in governing got foreign education/course (civil and military) from the UK, US and other European countries. Why is it that Nigeria is still underdeveloped? Do you guys learn things that are different from what the white folks learnt? How can someone who read law, history, sociology abroad falter in governance? Or, are you guys just wicked?
/
To get the best out of a Nigerian, educate and retain him in a foreign land. Once you let him back in the hell called Nigeria, they become worse than their ill-educated counterparts because there are no oversight. There is no system to guide them and without a system in place, the certificates acquired by ANY Nigerian is a total waste. When challenged, they cry to citizens of developed nations to come and save them.

Prove me wrong.

It is a big mistake to hire a Nigerian based solely on the content of his or her CV. You will be setting yourself up for a great disappointment.
\
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by themanderon: 8:52pm On Apr 19, 2020
All these image laundering cannot change the true narrative. It cannot be said that this Kyari man was oblivious to all the anomalies that have trailed this chequered government since its inception.
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by Briller: 8:53pm On Apr 19, 2020
We should all live a good life so that we are gone, our legacies will speak for us.

I want to believe that 80per cent opinion of Nigerians cannot be a conspiracy to damage an individual's name.

Let the living mend their ways. For every member of the cabal, man proposes buy God disposes. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by Successlane: 8:53pm On Apr 19, 2020
sarrki:
It shows clearly now that the religious and ethnic bigots are the poor masses

They are also online miscreants

My hat us off.

Will come for open embrace after Covid19
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by CyberWolf: 8:57pm On Apr 19, 2020
Though I don’t know him personally but I’ve really liked him so much especially when PMB’s wife started vilifying him and when I found out Onyeama was his right hand man for many years. The only thing I like about him is his loyalty to his friends and his boss, such loyalty in this time is very rare.
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by Bekool(m): 9:17pm On Apr 19, 2020
Chosen1984:
I do not Believe in all these ! It's After someone dies that we begin to hear all this stories of he was this or that!

Abba Kayari was Extremely Powerful in this dispensation! Infact He was the De-Facto President

The Unnecessary Killings All around the Country went on Abated because people like him refused to take the Neccessary actions..

The Ungodly and unholy disgrace of Justice Onnegen and the subsequent appointment of the Present Chief Justice was a well coordinated stuff with Abba kyari as the head.

Abba kyari cannot be said to be innocent of the Supreme Court Magic that brought about the Onnegen saga... 2 of them involved in that have gone and were buried the same day . ( Aliyu Umar SAN and Abba kyari). April 17th and April 18th. It is not Ordinary. " Vengeance is Mine says the LORD"

Aliyu Umar SAN was the prosecutor at the Code of Conduct Tribunal. He got an ex parte order from the CCT, and quickly sent it to Abba Kyari who immediately sent it to Buhari for approval of Onnoghen's removal.

It's Exactly A year Anniversary of that sham and both of them are 6ft below ..

The Fulani Herdsmen killings and free way was a highly coordinated asssignnent! Abba Kyari cannot be said to not know!

Even when it was clear that the service chiefs have been Overwhelmed! The Service Chiefs were kept there..

Abba kyari cannot be said to be innocent of the Supreme Court Magic that brought about the Onnegen saga... 2 of them involved in that have gone .( Aliyu Umar SAN and Abba kyari). April 17th and April 18th

The One sided Security Appointments in the Country is a well planned idea..

Let's stop all these talk of The late CSO being for the Nigerian project! I cannot take that!

Abba kyari was loyal to his boss - Yes

Abba kyari was given to the Fulani Course- Yes

I Better be loyal to GOD ALMIGHTY and Godly Principles in discharging my Duty than be loyal to a Man

Abba Kyari has Gone to Answer to GOD .

So aliyu umah is also dead when did he die and what caused his death?
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by abd4jhd: 9:19pm On Apr 19, 2020
Wilstino:
There is a disconnect in all these. How comes a a Kano/Northern Commissioner would come out to spew such negative things about him.

He is a stakeholder in the system and privy to happenings within.

Perhaps Onyeama judgment might have been beclouded by the good relationship and gestures he obviously enjoyed.

Anyway, you can't please everybody but time shall tell.

The lesson here is that, by and by death will come to us, be careful what you do or how you treat people today, because people will use that to Judge and talk about you when you gone.

Daily Post Nigeria

NEWS

COVID-19: Why I ‘celebrated’ Abba Kyari’s death – Sacked Ganduje’s Commissioner, Magaji

Published

4 hours ago 

on

April 19, 2020

By

Amos Tauna

The immediate past Kano State Commissioner of Works and Infrastructural Development, Engr Muazu Magaji, who was relieved of his appointment following alleged unguarded utterances he made against the person of the late Chief of Staff to the President, Malam Abba Kyari, has finally cleared the air of what he actually meant.

The former commissioner in a statement he issued on Sunday, said he did not celebrate Kyari’s death but people misunderstood what he meant.

Governor Abdullahi Ganduje had through the state Commissioner for Information, Malam Muhammad Garba, in a statement said the Commissioner of Works and Infrastructural Development, Engr. Mu’azu Magaji removed from office following his unguarded utterances against the person of the late Chief of Staff to the President, Malam Abba Kyari.

He explained, “I want to sincerely clear up what a lot of people may have misunderstood and set the record straight. As a Muslim and a patriotic Nigerian, I was only misunderstood by people to think that I celebrated Kyari’s death, the truth is I did not.”

The former Commissioner added, “Not only that, I made several posts mourning Kyari’s death on my same Facebook account and through my special assistants, but the general public couldn’t commend such, rather tend to capitalize on a phrase post that was given another set of definition and direction as well as negativity in other to tarnish my reputable image as a member of Dr. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje administration and his loyalist and that of our national party, APC.
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by Insectkiller: 9:27pm On Apr 19, 2020
Geoffrey Onyeama. Welldone for ur story..

But u didn't mention anything about your letter (that d Presido has given u go ahead) to be sent to the retired-Ambassadors that are still serving and enjoying d Tax-payers money..eventhou they supposed to have left d office..

The letter got to a bus-stop bigger than u..and those ambassadors were still in office even six months after they suppose to have retired and be replaced by another well meaning Nigerians.

Onyeamachi u bleep seriously
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by LivingSage: 9:29pm On Apr 19, 2020
Just words? And I hope you aren't among those castigating Bello El rufai's post on Twitter?
Galactico4ever:
How can he rape you? These are just words
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by 9jaRealist: 9:30pm On Apr 19, 2020
Greennotes:
All of you met yourselves many years ago.

And many of you who have contributed and are still contributing in governing got foreign education/course (civil and military) from the UK, US and other European countries. Why is it that Nigeria is still underdeveloped? Do you guys learn things that are different from what the white folks learnt? How can someone who read law, history, sociology abroad falter in governance? Or, are you guys just wicked?

While I understand these sort of sentiments, they are ultimately delusional...
Nigeria’s salvation lies IN NIGERIA and primarily in the hands of NIGERIANS IN NIGERIA!

From personal experience, there’s only so much any Returnee can do in the midst of Nigeria’s largely “Oga, manage am” attitude...
There’s only so much a (eg) world-class architect/builder can do with her plans/straight lines if the mason/artisan is ill-equipped to concretize it.

Meaningful development is from the BOTTOM-UP, not imposed from top-down. That’s where Nigeria’s leaders primarily fail.
>
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by Galactico4ever(m): 9:38pm On Apr 19, 2020
LivingSage:
Just words? And I hope you aren't among those castigating Bello El rufai's post on Twitter?
Unless you maybe know the guy for real. Me i dont give a fvck about any online threats or insults with folks i dont know. And I always screenshot them just in case
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by Cchuks27(m): 9:38pm On Apr 19, 2020
So sorry Onyeama. May his sould RIP.

Edit 2: This Onyeama is very foolish. Why is he just mentioning that Kyari is his friend now? Although I NEVER wished Kyari dead, however, if I had the idea they were this close (I sincerely appreciate diverse friendship) I would have said a prayer for the man. Too sad the man is gone now. RIP to him.
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by babyfaceafrica: 9:56pm On Apr 19, 2020
AreaFada2:

Apt.. God bless you

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by glowingflame7: 10:24pm On Apr 19, 2020
Abba never rested. He worked day and night, seven days a week.

grin grin grin grin Even God rested. Geoffrey stop lying.

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by Evercurious(f): 10:38pm On Apr 19, 2020
QuotaSystem:
Those that were ignorantly accusing this man should be ashamed of themselves.

Abba Kyari was evidently a detribalized Nigerian (even to the astonishment of the vicar).

What a glowing tribute.

ALL LIES... BUHARI ALSO SAID ABACHA WAS A SAINT... SO LETS HEAR ANOTHER STORY

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by governoragweven: 10:58pm On Apr 19, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

Apt.. God bless you

Gbam!!! Thats just the scientific truth! Even the non Hausa/fulani/kanuri i.e yoruba, igbo you see in this present government were not appointed because of federal character, do your research you will find out that they were once friends or attended same school abroad and all that... So na padi padirism
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by funshint(m): 11:12pm On Apr 19, 2020
SweetJoystick:

I think the negative reports were mainly from 2 camps, 1. Aisha 2. Tinubu....if Tinubu was indeed responsible he can as well forget about succeeding Buhari
Shutup don't drag Tinubu into your nonsense analogy. Beside who are to to decide if anybody will succeed Buhari or not. Let's just wait and see.
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by Gerrard59(m): 11:14pm On Apr 19, 2020
Nooil:
Nigerians, so soft-hearted. That's how Buhari deceived them with change. Five years later, they are still gullible. See how they are already changing their stance. Ahhhh! Please, you guys need to go and beg North Africa for their kind of heart.

It is why they deserve everything they face daily in their lives as Nigerians. So because Abba Kyari attended his wedding as a best man, that makes him good and useful to the country? The way Nigerians praise their thieving elites is annoying. Globally, people become connected and loyal to their bosses and friends but at the same time, they use these networks to develop the country. Some of Singaporean, Malaysian, Indian and South Korean politicians went to Cambridge, Oxford, Harvard etc., but they use their network to develop the country. Same Cambridge Abba went to, Lee Kuan Yew did ditto Lee's Son - current prime minister of Singapore. There lies the difference. With his acclaimed knowledge, he couldn't self-isolate himself when he returned from Germany.

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by ASAbraham(m): 11:19pm On Apr 19, 2020
When I read the Onyeama piece on Abba Kyari, I was tempted to change my perception of the late COS and apologized but then, this thought came to my mind. If Kyari did well as COS, we will not need his friend to tell us his good.
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by Forumobserver12(m): 11:53pm On Apr 19, 2020
daddytime:
Wow...

Abba Kyari's loyalty to his boss was top-notch though. Very very commendable and enviable.

I pray God to bless me with just one friend like him.

Na demons and backstabbers yakpa pass for life.

It's rare to find a friend as loyal, committed, ready to stick out his neck for you, and exhibits that " je ne se qua" attitude with no regret.

My brother, the man has a very easy decision to make, if he's not loyal to a friend who is the president of a wealthy country like Nigeria, who else will he be loyal to? the only way to test the loyalty of a friend is when things are no longer going well for you, not when you have the whole country in your arms..

Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by Nwaonyishi69: 12:07am On Apr 20, 2020
Cronyism, paddy paddy, old friends as new lootocrats
Re: Geoffrey Onyeama: Abba Kyari Was My Best Man At My Wedding by wordsNOTswords(m): 12:37am On Apr 20, 2020

I don't know what believe anymore.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rashida Yahaya Bello Thanks Davido For Buying Her Children Gifts In Dubai(Photo) / Reactions As Dapo Abiodun Takes Oath Of Office In An Empty Stadium (pics). / Chidiogo Akunyili And David Andrew Parr Official Wedding Photos

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53