Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,902 members, 7,935,864 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 05:32 PM

David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. (49439 Views)

David Beckham And Daughter, Harper Share A Kiss. Fans React (Photos) / David Beckham Launches First Made-in-vietnam Cars At Paris Motor Show / "I Regret Spending N9.6m To Look Like David Beckham" – Fan Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Jokerman(m): 10:00pm On Apr 19, 2020
oodua1stson:
name one tournament where ronaldo played for Portugal and he was named the best player.

Messi was best player at world cup, Olympics, copa America and u20 world cup all for Argentina

Ronaldo has never won best player at any tournament for Portugal .

Messi has done more for Argentina than ronaldo has done for portugal. 3 senior tournaments golden ball don't lie

Baba,

2 national team trophy > 3 individual awards with no show(can be termed compensation grin)

2 Likes

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Jokerman(m): 10:00pm On Apr 19, 2020
MayorOlohLo1:

Fact is, if those guys could get "lucky" in the EPL with so much less talent than Leo (Messi 100X better), well then i think Messi would have destroyed the BPL.

Bro... No one is denying Messi talent o...
Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by GreatestA1(m): 10:01pm On Apr 19, 2020
chiefolododo:
Nay.Becham is talking of something that happened in 2013, where was Messi when Liverpool thrashed Barcelona 4-0? Rooney is just jealous, Rooney doesn't know that he is better than Messi? If he has a team like Barcelona that plays for only him. It is impossible for you to score more than Messi in any match. He will sell you
Where was Ronaldo when Barca dominated and defeated Man U twice in the UCL w?

1 Like

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by GreatestA1(m): 10:01pm On Apr 19, 2020
chiefolododo:
Nay.Becham is talking of something that happened in 2013, where was Messi when Liverpool thrashed Barcelona 4-0? Rooney is just jealous, Rooney doesn't know that he is better than Messi? If he has a team like Barcelona that plays for only him. It is impossible for you to score more than Messi in any match. He will sell you
Where was Ronaldo when Barca dominated and defeated Man U twice in the UCL?

1 Like

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Jokerman(m): 10:02pm On Apr 19, 2020
eni4real:

2010: Diego Forlan was the best in the World cup, he was rated higher than Cristiano in the Ballon d'or rating because of that!!!

2014: Messi came 2nd because of his World cup Golden ball. He didn't win much in the club.. World cup Golden ball pushed him higher!!!

2018: Modric won the World cup Golden ball and won all individual World best awards of 2018!!!

World cup is the highest level of Football!!!

Individual World cup legacy matters too!!!

Tell me any match Messi played in any world cup that bigger than that Ronaldo match against Spain?

Do you know Ronaldo is the only player to ever score in 4 world cup editions?

Messi WC golden ball was a compensation... We all know this

1 Like

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Nobody: 10:03pm On Apr 19, 2020
Benevento:
C.Ronaldo's boys right now.
grin
Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by kenodrill: 10:04pm On Apr 19, 2020
ignis:
That is his personal opinion.

Let Messi leave Spanish League and come and perform in Premier League let me see.

Shut up and stop spewing rubbish!

Am so sure you don't even watch match.

1 Like

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by maklelemakukula(m): 10:06pm On Apr 19, 2020
FuckDaMods:

Someone that fvcks his fellow players wives
you know when you have a "competition" in a team, but always seem to be in their shadow, it creates severe pains and unwarranted anguish. Rooney, unfortunately, has always been the "competitor" that never lived up. It's almost like skales and wizkid grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by MayorOlohLo1(m): 10:07pm On Apr 19, 2020
Frankyboy1:
I am not a fan of Spanish football! But if I want to test the level of sentiment of an individual, I ask him messi and Ronaldo who is a better footballer? I don't care about their successes or achievements cause it is relative and dependent on a lot of factors, if you choose Rinaldo, then I judge you as a biased and sentimental individual. It is not about theory or opinion, or who fine pass or give charity pass! Brother, if na football for leg, no footballer in the world can boldly choose Rinaldo, Messi is a class ahead of Ronaldo, though Ronaldo is more motivated and has more drive, but .messi is a magician,an enigma, master of the game, as the curtains draws on both of the world most combative footballers, I have got nothing for respect for both of them,for what they have achieved in the game
Haha i like the way u think, i feel the exact same way. Forget the stats, laurels and awards, just look plainly at footballing qualites.
Your eyes wont deceive U. Messi.

3 Likes

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 19, 2020
NORSYK:

That's the difference between him and the king of football CR7.
Contributions without playing in the final??

Eder's goal against France is greater than all the 3goals and 3 fake assist recorded by Cristiano!!

Stop the Overhype now!!

Fenomeno scored 8 goals in 2002 World cup win

Platini scored 9 goals in 1984 Euro cup Triumph

With hatricks!!!

Here you are bringing ignorant meme about a player who became Injured after seeing a team bigger than Hungary and Wales!!!

Greece players of 2004 performed better than Cristiano in 2016.. ... Let alone this fake invention you brought up for a player whose Eder's goal blew away!!!!

Tell me, how come Griezman won the best player of the tournament and not Cristiano??

Eder is Cristiano international career SAVIOUR!!

Cristiano is only great in Qualifiers!!!

Became injured in the biggest night of his international Career..

All thanks to Eder who shot Cristiano to happiness!!!

3 Likes

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by feelings1: 10:09pm On Apr 19, 2020
ignis:
That is his personal opinion.

Let Messi leave Spanish League and come and perform in Premier League let me see.

Go and check his goal scoring record against your premier league teams.

1 Like

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Beedude(m): 10:09pm On Apr 19, 2020
directonpc:
Na wa oo

First Rooney, now him? English people hating on another EU player.
This is what is killing us in Nigeria. Everything is based on tribe, religion or personal affilliation. That was how some Nigerians keep saying Mikel is better than Yaya Toure. Its even worse in politics. We all prefer to vote in a known thief that is from our region or of same religion than a good person from another part of the country. Life shouldnt be like that. They all stated their opinions as professionals. Do u think an English player will tell us Sterling is better than Neymar or Kane better than Lewandowski? They wont say such cos they all knw the truth and are not sentimental like US

2 Likes

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 19, 2020
Jokerman:

Tell me any match Messi played in any world cup that bigger than that Ronaldo match against Spain?

A Coachless Spain??
Against his Madrid Friends?? undecided
Drop it!!!

How come he became underwhelming against Iran, losing a Penaltea??

How come Uruguay (a Copa America team) eliminated Portugal in the 2nd round courtesy Cavani Brace??

Cristiano enjoyed Spain in their lowest point?? Are they not the same Spain that Russia eliminated??

C'mon!!!

Modric reminded us that Cristiano has no World cup Legacy yet;!!

Modric literally snatched the Ballon d'or from Cristiano using the World cup Golden ball!!!

4 Likes

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by cotzywitzy(m): 10:12pm On Apr 19, 2020
I sense jealousy ��� Messi is good but I would never rate him above Ronaldo. Messi is a Barcelona great. Ronaldo is all round. Country and club Ronaldo delivers the moment Messi is outta the Barcelona zone the radar goes off.

1 Like

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by FuckDaMods: 10:14pm On Apr 19, 2020
maklelemakukula:
you know when you have a "competition" in a team, but always seem to be in their shadow, it creates severe pains and unwarranted anguish. Rooney, unfortunately, has always been the "competitor" that never lived up. It's almost like skales and wizkid grin grin
We know the feeling bro grin
Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Brunicekid(m): 10:14pm On Apr 19, 2020
Denreledave1:
If we tell them, them go dey argue....

Messi is superior to Ronaldo

Just like saying funke akindele (Ronaldo) is on the same level with (Beyonce)

How is dt possible??
You better adjust well...

How will you be comparing an actress (Funke Akindele) with a singer (Beyonce)?

You could have compared Yemi Alade with Beyonce instead. grin
Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by NORSYK(m): 10:17pm On Apr 19, 2020
eni4real:
Contributions without playing in the final??

Eder's goal against France is greater than all the 3goals and 3 fake assist recorded by Cristiano!!

Stop the Overhype now!!

Fenomeno scored 8 goals in 2002 World cup win

Platini scored 9 goals in 1984 Euro cup Triumph

With hatricks!!!

Here you are bringing ignorant meme about a player who became Injured after seeing a team bigger than Hungary and Wales!!!

Greece players of 2004 performed better than Cristiano in 2016.. ... Let alone this fake invention you brought up for a player whose Eder's goal blew away!!!!

Tell me, how come Griezman won the best player of the tournament and not Cristiano??

Eder is Cristiano international career SAVIOUR!!

Cristiano is only great in Qualifiers!!!

Became injured in the biggest night of his international Career..

All thanks to Eder who shot Cristiano to happiness!!!

Messi fan boy ���.

What has Messi contributed to his Argentine national team?

1 Like

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Jokerman(m): 10:17pm On Apr 19, 2020
eni4real:
A Coachless Spain??
Against his Madrid Friends?? undecided
Drop it!!!

How come he became underwhelming against Iran, losing a Penaltea??

How come Uruguay (a Copa America team) eliminated Portugal in the 2nd round courtesy Cavani Brace??

Cristiano enjoyed Spain in their lowest point?? Are they not the same Spain that Russia eliminated??

C'mon!!!

Modric reminded us that Cristiano has no World cup Legacy yet;!!

Modric literally snatched the Ballon d'or from Cristiano using the World cup Golden ball!!!

I just told you Ronaldo is the only player to score in 4 world cup editions...

Ronaldo is the oldest player to score a hattricks in the world cup

Well by your logic
Modric > Henry, ronaldinho, rivaldo, Kaka, Xavi, Totti, Pirlo, etc, in world cup history

1 Like

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 19, 2020
NORSYK:

That's the difference between him and the king of football CR7.

You guys keep.lying to cover up Eder Masterclass!!

Eder make Cristiano an European Champion!!

Your stat are very fake and ignorant!!!

Platini scored 9 goals in 1984 Euro win ... He never got Injured when he saw a team bigger than Wales and Hungary!!!

Ronaldo Fenomeno score 8 goals in World cup... He never got carried by anybody's shot or became handicap when it matter most!!!
He recorded a brace against the great Oliver Kahn in a World cup final!!!

What is the name of Hungary and Wales' Goalkeeper again??

The truth is, Greece players of 2004 are better than Cristiano in 2016 Euros..
They played against tough Opponents without getting injured..

Cristiano saw France and became handicapped straight!!!
Best loser era?? undecided
Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by SouthNigerian: 10:19pm On Apr 19, 2020
Marcopol0090:

Go and sleep �
Stay awake grin
Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by SouthNigerian: 10:19pm On Apr 19, 2020
Marcopol0090:

Go and sleep �
Stay awake grin
Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Nobody: 10:20pm On Apr 19, 2020
Jokerman:

I just told you Ronaldo is the only player to score in 4 world cup editions...

Ronaldo is the oldest player to score a hattricks in the world cup

Well by your logic
Modric > Henry, ronaldinho, rivaldo, Kaka, Xavi, Totti, Pirlo, etc, in world cup history
All the players you mentioned has World cup Trophy, which is throst important Legacy!!
Modric only have individual World cup Legacy and not the team one!

Drop that Cristiano record!! It is not a good one... 1 goal in 3 Consecutive tournaments??
That's Asamoah Gyan level!!!
Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by madenigga2dcore(m): 10:22pm On Apr 19, 2020
even some Ronaldo fans knows and agree that messi is more talented than Ronaldo.
u know a pro when he reduce football to 1+1, making it entertaining. that person is LION MESSI

1 Like

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by unmask: 10:23pm On Apr 19, 2020
jaxxy:

A One footed player. Only or majorly scores with his left foot. Not good with air balls either due to his height.

For Messi to perform well he has to be in the right setup. Not just any setup.
and Ronaldo hasn't been in the right set up?.....better look at the people that have been providing assist for him over the years
Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Jokerman(m): 10:25pm On Apr 19, 2020
eni4real:

All the players you mentioned has World cup Trophy, which is throst important Legacy!!
Modric only have individual World cup Legacy and not the team one!

Drop that Cristiano record!! It is not a good one... 1 goal in 3 Consecutive tournaments??
That's Asamoah Gyan level!!!

I said he has scored in 4 different world cup editions... Not 1 goal

1 Like

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Techiekingee(m): 10:25pm On Apr 19, 2020
Jokerman:

I hate to say this but, Ronaldo scored the 3 goals dat why e was hyped.....an error from de gea, a penalty and a freekick.....The only spectacular thing e did in that match was d freekick...

Jokerman, i repeat, stop the lies...
Ronaldo isn't d only player to score in 4 world cup competitions...pele did it, so did klose, and seeler....

2 Likes

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Nobody: 10:27pm On Apr 19, 2020
Jokerman:

I said he has scored in 4 different world cup editions... Not 1 goal

Cristiano: 7 goals in 4 World cup
Asamoah Gyan: 6goals in 3 World cup!!

For a mere goalscorer, that is not a good record for Cristiano!!!

Remember, Messi has 2nd highest assist in the entire history of World cup!!!

Cristiano's goal record will not even make Top 20 of goals in the entire history of World cup!!!

2 Likes

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Mikeparlo12(m): 10:29pm On Apr 19, 2020
Opinion is not equal to a fact. That's how he thinks.

1 Like

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by infogeneral: 10:30pm On Apr 19, 2020
What is Messi's achievement outside Barcelona? Let him go to another club and prove himself. Being able to adapt in any team is what makes a complete player.

1 Like

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by chocolatelady(f): 10:32pm On Apr 19, 2020
David is just pained that CR7 played better than him while in Man U and won Ballon Dors. David was a model, in fact his name sells more than any product in the whole world then but CR7 has overtaken him long time ago . So the guy is just pained about CR7 success. Comparing CR7 with Messi is irrelevant as long as Messi remains in Barcelona. If he is really good as his fan claims , let him leave his comfort zone and try another club. Until then, nothing like comparison but I must say that both of them are good.

1 Like

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 19, 2020
maklelemakukula:
Most goals in Man United history
Most goals in England National team history??

Are you serious??
Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Olusola101990: 10:33pm On Apr 19, 2020
I tink someone just mentioned something that got my attention regarding this endless argument....it not about who has the best swag...nt about who gives the higher charity...nt about who has the best 6 packages...neither is it about who has the better social life....its about who is better with the ball on his feet and its just the blatant truth no sane and unsentimental football FAn that has seen messi play football like a demon will ever put Ronaldo over him.....in the next 5 years like I tell pple this argument won't surface again cos messi would ave outnumbered Ronado in so many things ...but trophies and even personal glories....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply)

Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' / Mesut Ozil Marries Amine Gulse In Turkey Ceremony, Dances (Photo) / Oshoala, Messi, Fati Model Barcelona’s Third Kit Ahead Of New Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.