Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,754 members, 7,875,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:47 AM

If Your Partner Cheated? Here's What You Can Do - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If Your Partner Cheated? Here's What You Can Do (270 Views)

Would You Cheat Back If Your Partner Cheated? / Your Partner Cheated On You? Here's How To Deal With Your Partner's Infidelity / My Girlfriend Confessed That She Cheated On Me And Begged To Be Forgiven. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If Your Partner Cheated? Here's What You Can Do by Onyiiet(m): 6:51pm On Apr 19, 2020
A sexual relationship with a person(s) who isn't your spouse is Adultery. This relationship could be emotional or not. An emotional affair with anyone who isn't your spouse is also adultery in a more concealed form. This happens when a person turns to someone  else usually of the opposite sex outside of their marriage for primary emotional support (e.g talking about financial difficulty, home issues, facing esteem issues etc.). This is more harmful than physical adultery.

Ladies and Gentlemen, at this point, i'd like to mention that if you have a married friend who you support emotionally, you are doing more harm than good to them and if you were honest to yourself, you should know that this isn't your duty.

Marriage infidelity is now common among both sexes and after speaking to numerous clients who have either cheated or were cheated on, these six points below are some of the reasons most affairs happened.

Little or no communication leading to distancing
Lack of trust for a partner
Unresolved conflict that is allowed to go on for too long
Lack of value for a partner
Expectations that were unrealistic pre-marriage
Sudden financial worries.
Retaliation or Revenge Affairs

Most clients caught up in adultery whom i have spoken to believed this was a quest where they were seeking for real love.  At the end, it only turned out that for 80% of them, it was just a desire to feel better about themselves.

There is good news and i want to tell you that even after YOU have cheated on your spouse or had been cheated upon by your better half both can still heal. So here are a few tips on adultery, affairs and how to recover from it.

ITS TIME FOR YOU TO HEAL

It mustn't always end in divorce or separation because what is the guarantee that the next relationship won't have a repeat. I have seen cases where people who were hurt in previous relationship start to unknowingly self-sabotage themselves by triggering a series of abusive relationships after their first terrible experience.Healing after infidelity is not impossible. More and more couples are enduring the difficult healing process in attempt to restore their marriages.

Enrich & Restore. This is what i call "The Emo Eraser". Something bad has happened and it's fresh on the mind. How do you replace this? Simply look for a way to remind the offended about the good things about your relationship. If they still are not talking to you, you can do it through cards, a whatsapp message(if you haven't been blocked �), an sms, flowers with notes on them). This process is a humbling one that involves learning new skills that will make the bond between partners strong again.

You were the faithful one in this relationship, you gave it everything you had, your partner was everything to you until they messed it all up. Will i ever trust again?(Yes you will), where do i even start from?(you are reading this so you have started already). There is a sequence i noticed when counseling clients who their partners cheated on.

For the faithful one who was let down, these are the phases they go through:

Full Article here...https://templeobike.com/2019/09/08/how-to-rebuild-trust-after-adultery/

(1) (Reply)

How To Know You Better, Contact You And Communicate With Each Other. / .. / Only Gentle, Loyal, Tolerant, Understanding And Caring Young Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.