Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,078 members, 7,949,712 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 05:06 PM

Nigerians Come 4 Gov Umar Ganduje For Trying To Convert Christian Girl To Islam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Come 4 Gov Umar Ganduje For Trying To Convert Christian Girl To Islam (1611 Views)

Tinubu Recommends Ganduje For Ambassadorial Role / Fati Ajimobi Hails Father, Ganduje For Dethroning Emir Sanusi / Buhari Endorses Umar Ganduje For 2nd Term In Kano State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Come 4 Gov Umar Ganduje For Trying To Convert Christian Girl To Islam by killuax: 7:30pm On Apr 19, 2020
Reactions have trailed a video showing Kano State Governor, Umar Ganduje allegedly ‘trying to covert a Christian girl to Islam’.

The Governor, who spoke in Hausa language, was captured questioning a young girl who ‘reportedly had decided to change her faith.’

The Governor in the two minute clip told the young girl that a ‘Malami would put her through on what Islam is all about.’

Ganduje also asked her to pick a Muslim name

However, the video has generated reactions from Nigerians who accused Ganduje of forcefully converting the young girl to Islam.

Some Nigerians are of the opinion that the young the girl was under duress to covert to Islam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFt703mlupE
Re: Nigerians Come 4 Gov Umar Ganduje For Trying To Convert Christian Girl To Islam by Lekison(m): 7:35pm On Apr 19, 2020
Them don start oooo...them dey find fresh Christian girl to convert and marry
Re: Nigerians Come 4 Gov Umar Ganduje For Trying To Convert Christian Girl To Islam by Ifesinachi22(m): 7:37pm On Apr 19, 2020
I can't see anything clearly, my screen has many cracks, but from the comments i can assure the wedding was awesome and i wish the couples happy married life

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Come 4 Gov Umar Ganduje For Trying To Convert Christian Girl To Islam by jumper524(m): 7:39pm On Apr 19, 2020
I hate hypocracy and it's becoming too much of a habit from Christians..

I'm a free going Muslim and I've faced this countless number of times where my Christian friends would try to lure me because they feel am not a core Muslim and I just laugh it off and kindly reply no. I see nothing wrong with what Ganduje is doing here as he's not forcing the girl into Islam. He was only trying to show the little girl the beauty of Islam and it's the same thing christains does and would do in same situation.

In fact I could remember back then in minna when I went to church because of a beautiful girl, the pastor on finding out am a Muslim was very eager to fully convert me.
He was calling me almost every week on why I refused to come for sunday until I blocked his contact.

It's pure hypocracy what those christains online are trying to portray as though they don't share same attitude.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Come 4 Gov Umar Ganduje For Trying To Convert Christian Girl To Islam by EzeNdiAra: 7:40pm On Apr 19, 2020
Southern Nigerian Christians are foolish.

The poor Muslim North use the Southern Christian money to oppress Christianity through jihad.

We need good translation

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Come 4 Gov Umar Ganduje For Trying To Convert Christian Girl To Islam by mistamexzy(m): 7:52pm On Apr 19, 2020
jumper524:

I'm a free going Muslim and I've faced this countless number of times where my Christian friends would try to lure me because they feel am not a core Muslim and I just laugh it off and kindly reply no. I see nothing wrong with what Ganduje is doing here as he's not forcing the girl into Islam. He was only trying to show the little girl the beauty of Islam and it's the same thing christains does and would do in same situation.

In fact I could remember back then in minna when I went to church because of a beautiful girl, the pastor on finding out am a Muslim was very eager to fully convert me.
He was calling me almost every week on why I refused to come for sunday until I blocked his contact.

It's pure hypocracy what those christains online are trying to portray as though they don't share same attitude.

Point of correction, No Christian would use intimidation as a strategy to lure you into a religion.
Re: Nigerians Come 4 Gov Umar Ganduje For Trying To Convert Christian Girl To Islam by economia: 8:01pm On Apr 19, 2020
ghanghan!

Re: Nigerians Come 4 Gov Umar Ganduje For Trying To Convert Christian Girl To Islam by jumper524(m): 8:03pm On Apr 19, 2020
mistamexzy:

Point of correction, No Christian would use intimidation as a strategy to lure you into a religion.
No christains??
Tell that to those who are ignorant.
See I've been to churches and mosques.
Islam came into my family through my Grandfather who was the only convert in his family, my dad's cousin who's currently the most respected in the family is a reveren and he's been able to manipulate my aunty into Christianity through material things.
His behavior towards us is very much different from others.
I'm not trying to paint christains bad but there a fanatics amongst them same with Islam, I hate hypocracy from both religion and I'll always speak out if it brings calm to the situation.
My mom is a Muslim but her other 2 sisters are christains.
(Muslims who converted) why was it so possible and easy? It's cos they are yorubas and there have never been discrimination of any kind from the families. It's the same reason why I don't have issues going to church or mosques cos I've spent a huge part of my life with both.
But seeing the hypocracy currently coming out from christains as though they don't do same makes me ask if people are just blinded by sympathy or propaganda.
Note: the video never showed Ganduje forcing the girl and at that age if it were vice versa, trust me pastors and other christains would do same..

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Come 4 Gov Umar Ganduje For Trying To Convert Christian Girl To Islam by omowolewa: 8:09pm On Apr 19, 2020
Humm! Money must be involved.
Re: Nigerians Come 4 Gov Umar Ganduje For Trying To Convert Christian Girl To Islam by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 19, 2020
LOL I remember in 2015 when I came back to Nigeria to spend the break with my family and friends.
I accompanied my Dad on a business visit to a very Big and wealthy Alhaji, at Maitama, still in Abuja. Man! You need to see the Mansion!
People dey enjoy for Abuja shaa! LOL
My dad was contracted to build a house for this powerful business tycoon, close to the Cameroon border.
My dad left me briefly in the Alhaji's house to go get some documents or something.
I was entertained with soft drinks by one of the Alhaji's boys.
Oboy! Like play Dem wan convert small me to Islam.
To cut the story short, the Alhaji (very kind and generous) gave me #45,000, just like that. He even requested I pay him a visit after I graduate from the University.
I'm still a Christian shaa and I never go visit am, yet.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Come 4 Gov Umar Ganduje For Trying To Convert Christian Girl To Islam by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 19, 2020
That's what they did to the children from the Christian orphanage that was invaded by Kano State government while the owner was detained.
Re: Nigerians Come 4 Gov Umar Ganduje For Trying To Convert Christian Girl To Islam by ImmaculateJOE(m): 8:56pm On Apr 19, 2020
jumper524:

The girl is a minor..

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Come 4 Gov Umar Ganduje For Trying To Convert Christian Girl To Islam by jumper524(m): 9:01pm On Apr 19, 2020
ImmaculateJOE:

The girl is a minor..
would christains proclaim her a minor if it were vice versa? Or would you be looking for ways to defend the pastors if it were the other way round?

Be truthful to yourself pls..
Re: Nigerians Come 4 Gov Umar Ganduje For Trying To Convert Christian Girl To Islam by jumper524(m): 9:04pm On Apr 19, 2020
NockMedia:
LOL I remember in 2015 when I came back to Nigeria to spend the break with my family and friends.
I accompanied my Dad on a business visit to a very Big and wealthy Alhaji, at Maitama, still in Abuja. Man! You need to see the Mansion!
People dey enjoy for Abuja shaa! LOL
My dad was contracted to build a house for this powerful business tycoon, close to the Cameroon border.
My dad left me briefly in the Alhaji's house to go get some documents or something.
I was entertained with soft drinks by one of the Alhaji's boys.
Oboy! Like play Dem wan convert small me to Islam.
To cut the story short, the Alhaji (very kind and generous) gave me #45,000, just like that. He even requested I pay him a visit after I graduate from the University.
I'm still a Christian shaa and I never go visit am, yet.
it's a natural habit from both religion for trying to convert people.
If they didn't try I'm certain we Africans would still be worshiping idol.
The only time people should make outcry is when there's use of force.
Criticising Ganduje for this act is pure hypocracy..
Re: Nigerians Come 4 Gov Umar Ganduje For Trying To Convert Christian Girl To Islam by ImmaculateJOE(m): 9:07pm On Apr 19, 2020
jumper524:
would christains proclaim her a minor if it were vice versa? Or would you be looking for ways to defend the pastors if it were the other way round?

Be truthful to yourself pls..

Show us a video evidence where Christians forcefully converted a minor, just like what Ganduje did there..

I am a catechism teacher in my local church, me and my colleague are responsible for preparing children and adults alike for them to receive the sacrament of Baptism, Holy Communion & Confirmation.. I am under the children section and also in charge of their enrollment into the catechism classes..
We have a rule that no child is allowed to register him/herself, the parents or guardians are the people to enroll their wards..
It should note these children are Christians already but yet they are not allowed to register themselves simply because they are not yet responsible for themselves..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Come 4 Gov Umar Ganduje For Trying To Convert Christian Girl To Islam by jumper524(m): 9:16pm On Apr 19, 2020
ImmaculateJOE:

Show us a video evidence where Christians forcefully converted a minor, just like what Ganduje did there..
video?? Was Ganduje forcefully converting her?
You didn't see the part where he was telling a Mallam to teach the little girl on the beauty of Islam?
Common!! Even I have come across this multiple times by christains even as a minor.
I have both religion in my family.
In fact my Grandfather was the only convert to christain amongst his cousins even by family members where I do go to spend holidays I've been forced to go to church.
My Js1 days in a private school in Lagos (Ascension College) I was forced until my sad had to step in. ( hypocrites are everywhere but I hate it when people whom are portrayed as being intelligent display such attitude..
Re: Nigerians Come 4 Gov Umar Ganduje For Trying To Convert Christian Girl To Islam by Nobody: 9:18pm On Apr 19, 2020
jumper524:
it's a natural habit from both religion for trying to convert people.
If they didn't try I'm certain we Africans would still be worshiping idol.
The only time people should make outcry is when there's use of force.
Criticising Ganduje for this act is pure hypocracy..
Anyways, I don't believe any religion is superior to the rest.
Christianity is not superior to Islam and vice versa.
No need trying to convert someone from another religion to your own. It's stup!d, I think
Re: Nigerians Come 4 Gov Umar Ganduje For Trying To Convert Christian Girl To Islam by jumper524(m): 9:21pm On Apr 19, 2020
NockMedia:

Anyways, I don't believe any religion is superior to the rest.
Christianity is not superior to Islam and vice versa.
No need trying to convert someone from another religion to your own. It's stup!d, I think
I appreciate your words.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Come 4 Gov Umar Ganduje For Trying To Convert Christian Girl To Islam by ImmaculateJOE(m): 9:22pm On Apr 19, 2020
jumper524:
video?? Was Ganduje forcefully converting her?
You didn't see the part where he was telling a Mallam to teach the little girl on the beauty of Islam?
Common!! Even I have come across this multiple times by christains even as a minor.
I have both religion in my family.
In fact my Grandfather was the only convert to christain amongst his cousins even by family members where I do go to spend holidays I've been forced to go to church.
My Js1 days in a private school in Lagos (Ascension College) I was forced until my sad had to step in. ( hypocrites are everywhere but I hate it when people whom are portrayed as being intelligent display such attitude..

It is wrong to compel a minor into conversion of another religion with out the consent of his/her parents. Its just like trying to woe a minor to sleep with you.. Its a crime..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Workers’ Protest Doesn’t Move Me In Anyway – Akeredolu / Ebonyi State Begins Mass Production Of Electric Tricycles / How Pregnant Woman, Three Others Died, Properties Destroyed At Shasha Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.