Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,983 members, 7,922,392 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 06:25 AM

Transfer News - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Transfer News (186 Views)

Transfer News: Latest Transfer News 2021 Confirmed Today Sep 3 / Transfer News: Latest Transfer News 2021 Confirmed Today 30 Aug / Transfer News: Latest Transfer News 2021 Confirmed Today 27 Aug (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Transfer News by Shitosky(m): 11:41pm On Apr 19, 2020
Home » Soccer » Man Utd have Sancho transfer problem, Pochettino to Newcastle, Coutinho’s Chelsea stance

SOCCER
Man Utd Have Sancho Transfer Problem, Pochettino To Newcastle, Coutinho’s Chelsea Stance
04/19/2020
Sunday, April 19
Borussia Dortmund will offer Jadon Sancho a huge new deal to fend off Premier League transfer interest
Newcastle have been tipped to hire Mauricio Pochettino after their takeover
Philippe Coutinho is keen on a move to Chelsea from Barcelona in the summer
Borussia Dortmund to offer Jadon Sancho new deal
Jadon Sancho will be offered a huge pay rise by Borussia Dortmund if he agrees to stay at the Bundesliga club and resist a move back to the Premier League summer with several clubs interested.

They will bump his salary up from six million to 10 million euros a year, and make the young England star the highest paid player at the club behind only captain Marco Reus.

It is a sign the German outfit are increasingly confident that Sancho is ready to stay for at least one extra year and be part of their thrilling team.

This is exactly the tactic Dortmund used to persuade both Robert Lewandowski and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to remain at the club for another 12 months when they seemed certain to depart.

Manchester United have been leading the chase to bring 20-year-old Sancho back to this country, but they have also been linked with many other players at high transfer fees.

Liverpool and Chelsea also keen on the England forward, but viewed as far less likely to spend big this summer.

Mauricio Pochettino to Newcastle?
A £300million Newcastle United takeover has been agreed, subject to Premier League approval and the club have been tipped to appoint Mauricio Pochettino as their new manager if the deal is completed.

That is the view of former Toon skipper and Ireland international Mick Martin.

“While I was a big fan of Benitez, I wouldn’t be chasing him for the job,” Martin said. “He jumped ship and went to China for the money, and I was hugely disappointed.

“Steve came in and I was one who was saying, ‘It’s going to be hard work for him’. But I could understand him taking the job because he’s a Geordie.

READ MORE
What Chelsea transfer target Coutinho thinks of of leaving Barcelona
“I have to stress, I think Steve has done a great job and the players have responded well to him.

“But if the takeover happens, I think Steve might be vulnerable. I think there could be huge changes.

“If so, I might be looking at the likes of Pochettino. He knows big players, he knows South America and he knows Europe. He’s a big name in the game.

“If you’re looking for trophies, you look to tempt big players, like Kevin Keegan did when he was manager here first time around. He signed people like Andy Cole, Alan Shearer and David Ginola.’’

READ MORE
Gundogan admits imagining Man Utd transfer target playing for Man City
Philippe Coutinho’s stance on Chelsea transfer
Chelsea boss Frank Lampard wants to strengthen his attacking options in the upcoming transfer window and the club are keen to sign Barcelona star Philippe Coutinho – but what does the Brazilian think about a move to Stamford Bridge?

Coutinho had struggled to win over fans in Barcelona since joining from Liverpool for £142million in January 2018.

The 27-year-old was sent out on loan to Bayern Munich this season but the Bundesliga club are not planning on activating the option to make the move permanent.

Instead, they are focusing their efforts to sign Manchester City winger Leroy Sane when the window opens.

As a result, Barcelona are exploring the market and Lampard is interested in adding Coutinho to his squad, with the Brazilian also keen on the move, according to Bleacher Report.

Barca know they will not be getting the full amount back that they paid for Coutinho and a price of around £57million (€65m) have been reported.

Home » Soccer » Man Utd have Sancho transfer problem, Pochettino to Newcastle, Coutinho’s Chelsea stance

SOCCER
Man Utd Have Sancho Transfer Problem, Pochettino To Newcastle, Coutinho’s Chelsea Stance
04/19/2020
Sunday, April 19
Borussia Dortmund will offer Jadon Sancho a huge new deal to fend off Premier League transfer interest
Jadon Sancho will be offered a huge pay rise by Borussia Dortmund if he agrees to stay at the Bundesliga club and resist a move back to the Premier League summer with several clubs interested.

They will bump his salary up from six million to 10 million euros a year, and make the young England star the highest paid player at the club behind only captain Marco Reus.

It is a sign the German outfit are increasingly confident that Sancho is ready to stay for at least one extra year and be part of their thrilling team.

This is exactly the tactic Dortmund used to persuade both Robert Lewandowski and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to remain at the club for another 12 months when they seemed certain to depart.

Manchester United have been leading the chase to bring 20-year-old Sancho back to this country, but they have also been linked with many other players at high transfer fees.

Liverpool and Chelsea also keen on the England forward, but viewed as far less likely to spend big this summer.

A £300million Newcastle United takeover has been agreed, subject to Premier League approval and the club have been tipped to appoint Mauricio Pochettino as their new manager if the deal is completed.

“While I was a big fan of Benitez, I wouldn’t be chasing him for the job,” Martin said. “He jumped ship and went to China for the money, and I was hugely disappointed.

“Steve came in and I was one who was saying, ‘It’s going to be hard work for him’. But I could understand him taking the job because he’s a Geordie.

READ MORE
“I have to stress, I think Steve has done a great job and the players have responded well to him.

“But if the takeover happens, I think Steve might be vulnerable. I think there could be huge changes.

“If so, I might be looking at the likes of Pochettino. He knows big players, he knows South America and he knows Europe. He’s a big name in the game.

“If you’re looking for trophies, you look to tempt big players, like Kevin Keegan did when he was manager here first time around. He signed people like Andy Cole, Alan Shearer and David Ginola.’’

READ MORE
Chelsea boss Frank Lampard wants to strengthen his attacking options in the upcoming transfer window and the club are keen to sign Barcelona star Philippe Coutinho – but what does the Brazilian think about a move to Stamford Bridge?

Coutinho had struggled to win over fans in Barcelona since joining from Liverpool for £142million in January 2018.

The 27-year-old was sent out on loan to Bayern Munich this season but the Bundesliga club are not planning on activating the option to make the move permanent.

Instead, they are focusing their efforts to sign Manchester City winger Leroy Sane when the window opens.

As a result, Barcelona are exploring the market and Lampard is interested in adding Coutinho to his squad, with the Brazilian also keen on the move, according to Bleacher Report.

Barca know they will not be getting the full amount back that they paid for Coutinho and a price of around £57million (€65m) have been reported.

SOCCER
04/19/2020
Sunday, April 19

READ MORE

READ MORE

(1) (Reply)

Mbappe To Liverpool / Bayern Munich Vs Lyon / FA Cup Final Is In Less Than An Hour But NEPA Has Not Yet Brought Light

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.