Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,904 members, 7,886,443 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 10:27 AM

Lagosians React In Shock As State Records 70 New Cases Of Coronavirus - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagosians React In Shock As State Records 70 New Cases Of Coronavirus (1699 Views)

COVID-19 : 70 New Cases In Lagos, Lagos Mainland Has Highest Number Of Cases / Kano State Records First COVID-19 Case / Coronavirus: Oyo State Records First Positive Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagosians React In Shock As State Records 70 New Cases Of Coronavirus by ExAngel007(f): 7:57am On Apr 20, 2020
70 in Lagos is trending as Lagosians react in
shock after the NCDC revealed last night that
70 new cases of COVID-19 were recorded in
the state alone on Sunday April 19.

The NCDC in its report stated that 86 new
cases were discovered on Sunday, out of
which 70 were recorded in Lagos. See
reactions from Lagosians below

https://mobile.twitter.com/search??s=tren&p=c&q=%2270%20in%20Lagos%22

Re: Lagosians React In Shock As State Records 70 New Cases Of Coronavirus by ExAngel007(f): 7:59am On Apr 20, 2020
After seeing that 70 in Lagos tweet from
NCDC my heart is not beating well again,
instead of bogum bogum bogum have been
Hearing kra kar kar kra

Re: Lagosians React In Shock As State Records 70 New Cases Of Coronavirus by Nobody: 8:00am On Apr 20, 2020
I Don accept my fate.

Na my guy I dey pity
Konji wan kill am
Konji Don hold am sotay when Nepa bring light him Preeq dey strong.
As in when he hear up Nepa gbola dey rise.
He say the way he dey hear some ladies shout am for the next house dey turn am on.

BTW. This proves that twitter users are totally jobless. No man who hustles hard will keep shouting stay at home. How long
do you think your resources will last? Social distancing ,proper hygiene and regular sanitising should be preached. Na because of towtow and okow dem dey complain. By the time their papa money finish story go change. Awon omo daddies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagosians React In Shock As State Records 70 New Cases Of Coronavirus by ExAngel007(f): 8:00am On Apr 20, 2020
more

1 Share

Re: Lagosians React In Shock As State Records 70 New Cases Of Coronavirus by Duru9(m): 8:01am On Apr 20, 2020
I seriously want to go back to my village
Re: Lagosians React In Shock As State Records 70 New Cases Of Coronavirus by Nobody: 8:02am On Apr 20, 2020
Ok
Re: Lagosians React In Shock As State Records 70 New Cases Of Coronavirus by JasonJidenna(m): 8:03am On Apr 20, 2020
Lagos is not just called "Centre of Excellence" for nothing..

They Excell in everything...

Team Lagos- 70 medals.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians React In Shock As State Records 70 New Cases Of Coronavirus by ExAngel007(f): 8:03am On Apr 20, 2020
fear of the virus

Re: Lagosians React In Shock As State Records 70 New Cases Of Coronavirus by ExAngel007(f): 8:04am On Apr 20, 2020
oh my

Re: Lagosians React In Shock As State Records 70 New Cases Of Coronavirus by Nobody: 8:10am On Apr 20, 2020
Bring me NCDC's admin pls, you made me wait this long jst to tweet 70 in lagos https:///UESCcm3a9e

Re: Lagosians React In Shock As State Records 70 New Cases Of Coronavirus by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:12am On Apr 20, 2020
We never see anytin

Re: Lagosians React In Shock As State Records 70 New Cases Of Coronavirus by GOFRONT(m): 8:23am On Apr 20, 2020
Nigerians, funny people......Corona is just getting started with us...
Re: Lagosians React In Shock As State Records 70 New Cases Of Coronavirus by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:24am On Apr 20, 2020
grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagosians React In Shock As State Records 70 New Cases Of Coronavirus by Kinematics: 8:28am On Apr 20, 2020
This is what they want in Rivers State.

Gov. Wike thank you very much!

Re: Lagosians React In Shock As State Records 70 New Cases Of Coronavirus by yanabasee(m): 8:32am On Apr 20, 2020
The coronavirus in Nigeria is more than the recorded cases.... Because, only when somebody begin to express symptoms for covid19 before he/she will now report for a test.. .. But prior to that, the person must have had contacts and handshakes and must have held a currency and used it to buy something and the spread keeps going forward....

My uncommon sense is that, the government should come out to tell us the truth about their planning and efforts and what they need and what they feel they should do to aid the treatment and not the spread.... Because, when they indirectly complained about ventilators, people volunteered to repair some and companies even make up efforts to build new ones.... and I am sure that ventilator issues is getting tackled...
Re: Lagosians React In Shock As State Records 70 New Cases Of Coronavirus by dahmie2013: 8:34am On Apr 20, 2020
This thing is not a joking stuff o! We don enter am. It is now survival of d fittest.
Re: Lagosians React In Shock As State Records 70 New Cases Of Coronavirus by HHANDM: 8:34am On Apr 20, 2020
As long as there aren't enough palliatives to go round, many still refuse to take the lockdown serious and the police are still collecting bribes and allowing movement of vehicles the figures will keep rising.(Tungba FM 100.90 yesterday confirmed that policemen do collect bribes around Sagamu road/laspotec area) I read where Ondo state Governor accused the police of same.

A friend informed me that people still travel to Ibadan, Sagamu e.t.c ijebu ode from ikorodu (odogunyan). I've read online of people who claimed to have traveled outside their states during this lockdown.

Also as more tests are conducted we should expect positive cases to increase.

SECURITY OPERATIVES SHOULD DO THEIR JOBS AND STOP ENDANGERING OUR LIVES BY ARRESTING ANYONE FLOUTING THE SIT AT HOME ORDER.
Re: Lagosians React In Shock As State Records 70 New Cases Of Coronavirus by SharonLoveth(f): 8:41am On Apr 20, 2020
Rejoice
Re: Lagosians React In Shock As State Records 70 New Cases Of Coronavirus by tinsel: 8:49am On Apr 20, 2020
JasonJidenna:
Lagos is not just called "Centre of Excellence" for nothing..

They Excell in everything...

Team Lagos- 70 medals.
Lagos is actually doing more testing than other states. That is why it is high

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians React In Shock As State Records 70 New Cases Of Coronavirus by phantom24: 9:23am On Apr 20, 2020
Everybody wants to stay at home bt the govt. Doesn't really support what they preach because an hungry man can't stay indoors for 2wks without dying. If this country can't afford at least 30k token for its poor citizens during the lockdown then it should ask them to go on suicide mission indirectly.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians React In Shock As State Records 70 New Cases Of Coronavirus by FECOSON: 9:33am On Apr 20, 2020
ok
Re: Lagosians React In Shock As State Records 70 New Cases Of Coronavirus by MainJoe: 10:05am On Apr 20, 2020
Kinematics:
This is what they want in Rivers State.

Gov. Wike thank you very much!

Stop praising Wike because he failed to see that confining people without Mass Testing is not a good approach. Locking people up without sample testing is very dangerous.

Without Mass Testing, the Coronavirus Pandemic Will Keep Spreading

Countries such as South Korea that test thousands of people per day have slowed the outbreak. Other nations must adopt Seoul’s model before it’s too late.

The key to South Korea’s success has been speed and an early push toward mass testing, rigorous contact tracing, and mandatory quarantine for anyone near a carrier of the virus.

The country, with a population of 51 million, tests more than 20,000 people a day at more than 600 testing sites nationwide, while integrating apps that not only track individuals if they have tested positive, but also warn them if they might have been exposed to a known case.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/03/23/coronavirus-pandemic-south-korea-italy-mass-testing-covid19-will-keep-spreading/

Lockdown means nothing without testing, isolating and treating infected ones.[/quote]
Re: Lagosians React In Shock As State Records 70 New Cases Of Coronavirus by Fragility6: 10:45am On Apr 20, 2020
yanabasee:
The coronavirus in Nigeria is more than the recorded cases.... Because, only when somebody begin to express symptoms for covid19 before he/she will now report for a test.. .. But prior to that, the person must have had contacts and handshakes and must have held a currency and used it to buy something and the spread keeps going forward....

My uncommon sense is that, the government should come out to tell us the truth about their planning and efforts and what they need and what they feel they should do to aid the treatment and not the spread.... Because, when they indirectly complained about ventilators, people volunteered to repair some and companies even make up efforts to build new ones.... and I am sure that ventilator issues is getting tackled...

Wen u look d so-called FG,dem blike who ready to do anything
Re: Lagosians React In Shock As State Records 70 New Cases Of Coronavirus by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 20, 2020
Na to begin dig under ground self-con pack foodstuff to last 18months

With one olosho wey no go charge much...actually I go dey compensate her with food too
Re: Lagosians React In Shock As State Records 70 New Cases Of Coronavirus by sunshineV(f): 11:53am On Apr 20, 2020
It is done
Re: Lagosians React In Shock As State Records 70 New Cases Of Coronavirus by tayo4ng(m): 1:08pm On Apr 20, 2020
How long do we continue like this, even we wey we no get job are tired of staying at home
Re: Lagosians React In Shock As State Records 70 New Cases Of Coronavirus by asanwafo: 1:25pm On Apr 20, 2020
phantom24:
Everybody wants to stay at home bt the govt. Doesn't really support what they preach because an hungry man can't stay indoors for 2wks without dying. If this country can't afford at least 30k token for its poor citizens during the lockdown then it should ask them to go on suicide mission indirectly.
Keep waiting for 30k . Even u are complaining of hunger. In war situation, do u tell gov't u are hungry?

(1) (Reply)

Which Method Is The Best To Build Abs Fast / Iaso Tea.....what For? / What Type Of Water Do You drink In Your House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.