Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,822 members, 7,972,939 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 10:45 PM

Beware Of 419 Pastors In Nigeria - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Beware Of 419 Pastors In Nigeria (826 Views)

Beware Of 419 Pastors In Nigeria / Micro Finance Banks In Nigeria: Activities Of 419 / Help! Is Information Marketing A New Way Of 419 In Nigeria Of Toaday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of 419 Pastors In Nigeria by bigdoo: 2:02pm On Jan 06, 2011
I recall with uttermost dismay some very disappointing experiences I had with some men who parade themselves as church pastors in Nigeria. One of such encounters was with a pastor of Watchman church in my home town. The incident relates to a portion of land I bought from this pastor. It happened that this pastor’s piece of land is located next to my house and I felt that if I could buy the land from him, I could expand the size of the land in my compound. So I approached him and asked him if he was going to sell the land to me. At first he was hesitant and told me to give him some time to think about it.

Later on after some months I got a message through somebody that he had agreed to sell the piece of land to me. I also learnt that he said that I should pay the agreed amount of money to his cousin, who also is a pastor of Watchman church. So when I returned from UK on a Tuesday, I did not waste time to see his cousin at his shop and requested that I made the payment to him. But this cousin of his refused to collect the money but instead told me that he wanted to collect the payment at my house on a Saturday of that week. Then came the expected payday, which was a Saturday. The man came to my house late in the evening around 7.00pm. First he started to preach to me about his church and was trying to convince me to become a member of their church. Then I told him that I had no reason to leave my church for his own church. He told me that his uncle who was the owner of the land had a problem with his children following allegations that his uncle had killed their mother and quickly married his salesgirl and as a result of the incident had taken refuge at his new wife’s place.

He handed me the payment receipt already prepared and signed by his uncle, the owner of the land. So I paid him the agreed amount of money and we signed the payment receipt. He signed as a witness for his uncle while a nephew of mine signed as my witness. The next day on Sunday he came to my house around 10.00am and told me that armed robbers came to his house that night I paid him and took the money, which I had paid to him about 15 hours ago. His uncle who sold the land to me has sent me several messages alleging that my payment had not reached him. I later sent my lawyer to him and he still insisted that if I want peace to reign I must make further payment to him. I also sent his own sister to him who confirmed that he said I should make additional payment of N100, 000.00 (One hundred thousand naira). However since he was on exile, I have fenced the area and adjoined the land to my compound.

Another incident was with a pastor and owner of Pillars church in Lagos. This man was recommended to me by someone I know in London. I was told that he has all the connections for business and government appointments because he is well connected to past and present presidents and governors in Nigeria. He was introduced to me as Pastor Ade. I had several telephone discussions with him from London. He promised to get me a political appointment with the present government of GEJ. He said that ministerial appointment would be difficult but he could certainly be able to get me a job as SSA (senior special adviser). He then asked me to send him some money to travel to Abuja and make the necessary connections. He also asked for my CV, which I sent to him via email. I also sent him over N100, 000.00 about N102, 000.00. I am not very sure of the exact amount but I know that it cost me £450.00, which includes the money I sent him and the commission for the transfer of the money. After a week or so I called him and he said that he had returned from Abuja but was unsuccessful as every position had been taken up. However he insisted that he would be able to get me a suitable appointment with either Lagos state government or Ondo state government as he is very well connected to the governors of those states. He said that on the strength of my CV, which he described as very impressive, he would not have any difficulty in getting me an appointment as Senior Special Adviser. He also said that I should start with such lower appointments and then later I would aspire for higher appointments, which I accepted.

However he asked me to send him more money to facilitate his meeting the governors of Lagos state and Ondo state on my behalf. Then I told him that I would be returning to Nigeria in two weeks and would like to be part of meeting the governors and also to answer any questions I could be asked regarding my ability to hold such political position. I assured him that money would not be any problem provided I know that I was dealing with right people. He promised to take me to the governors as soon as I returned to Nigeria. When I returned to Nigeria, I called him immediately and told him that I was in Lagos and he promised to see me the following day. He asked for the address of the place I was staying in Lagos and I sent it to him via text message. I spent over three weeks in Lagos but he never showed up to see me as he promised. I called him at least twice every week and gave me excuses such as going for a crusade or night vigil or fasting etc. He gave me his address at MEIRAN ALAGBADO, LAGOS STATE but I did not want to pay him unsolicited visit because he did not invite me to his house and I had already come to a conclusion that the pastor could be up to more evil things so I decided to stay clear of him but instead wanted him to prove himself as a man of God by keeping to his promise, but he never did.

This very pastor had already told me how he had been instrumental to rigging most elections in the past and working for past presidents and governors as a tout and getting them into office. I was also informed that this pastor was formerly a motor park tout before his so called connection with politics. He boasts of having at least five houses in Lagos alone, each worth more than N250 million, which makes him a billionaire. He also boasts of having 5 different 4x4 Jeeps all with private numbers. He also told me of landing a contract worth N400 million with one state government. So my fellow Nairalanders, better look well and think twice before dealing with people who call themselves pastors in Nigeria. Most of them are simply wolves in lamb’s apparel only waiting for the next victim to devour.

(1) (Reply)

34 Acres Of Land At Sango Ota, Atan. / A Long Fight With My Friend Recently / Dstv Installation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.