Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,719 members, 7,914,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 02:11 PM

Creativity& Originality Is Dissappearing In Nigeria Y: What Should We Do - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Creativity& Originality Is Dissappearing In Nigeria Y: What Should We Do (524 Views)

Faze's Originality And Tuface's Ustoppable, Reviews And Comments / Faze Lanches New Album "originality" Oct 4th At Planet One, Lagos / New Single; Originality, By Faze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Creativity& Originality Is Dissappearing In Nigeria Y: What Should We Do by 04kaa: 2:10pm On Jan 06, 2011
when i listen to music nowadays all i hear is the same old generic sounds, most of the so called top notch nigerian artists no dey make sense, the music industry is becoming less creative and less original by the minute, there are no more classic albums, all we hear is the same old generic beats, no knowledge, no hardwork, all we see is flashy videos with nonsense lyrics,  nairalanders what should we do about this, i think i will just take over with my own music.what do u think??, lets discuss
Re: Creativity& Originality Is Dissappearing In Nigeria Y: What Should We Do by ElRazur: 2:43pm On Jan 06, 2011
I think it depends on how old you are and the type of music one was exposed to growing up. For those of us who were around in the 80s, we will share your view, while those who grew up listening to remedies and daddy showkey onwards will probably disagree.

Personally, I share your view but the other argument be say music dey evolve and this is what is happening. Perhaps we are at that stage of evolution in music where it is okay for beats to sound the same and everybody sound alike using autotune?

If you want originality, do your own thing and try to push it out there for people who may share your ideas?

Me I no fit think of any solution but suggestions lol.
Re: Creativity& Originality Is Dissappearing In Nigeria Y: What Should We Do by 04kaa: 3:05pm On Jan 06, 2011
ElRazur:

we will share your view,

Personally, I share your view but the other argument be say music dey evolve and this is what is happening.

If you want originality, do your own thing and try to push it out there for people who may share your ideas?

hmm interesting point
Re: Creativity& Originality Is Dissappearing In Nigeria Y: What Should We Do by 04kaa: 9:26am On Jan 07, 2011
see as all of una dey run from topic, omo lomo ni nu frying pan shonfe dinje?

(1) (Reply)

Songs You Would Have Loved To Have A Music Video / Various Artists Page On Gn / Your Favourite Biggie Song And/or Lines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.