Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,408 members, 7,881,496 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:18 PM

COVID-19: Jack Ma Donates 500000 Test Kits, 300 Ventilators To African Countries - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Jack Ma Donates 500000 Test Kits, 300 Ventilators To African Countries (19924 Views)

Trump Sends 200 Ventilators To Nigeria / Trump Sends 1,000 Ventilators To Nigeria / Nigerian Defence Academy Produces Ventilators To Curb COVID-19 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma Donates 500000 Test Kits, 300 Ventilators To African Countries by bluefilm: 11:02am On Apr 20, 2020
This funny looking man is a billionaire?!

Chai, money sef...
Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma Donates 500000 Test Kits, 300 Ventilators To African Countries by anambraamaka: 11:02am On Apr 20, 2020
Alibaba
Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma Donates 500000 Test Kits, 300 Ventilators To African Countries by Roon9(m): 11:05am On Apr 20, 2020
dosage150:
Soon they will say everything sent has been infected with the virus

They really taking us for a fool
They see us that we don't have any right to know what's going in the country

Show us pics of patients in the hospital/isolation centres
Convince the masses

Not swindling them with audio numbers

The only reason why we believed that there's corona is cos of live updates from China then

This particular thing makes Nigerians doubt the govt
And disobey the lockdown
Seeing it that govt playing politics to make money
And see corona in nigeria as a scam

They are crazy!!!!!!

Facts

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma Donates 500000 Test Kits, 300 Ventilators To African Countries by Roon9(m): 11:07am On Apr 20, 2020
obojememe:
someone sent me a relief disbursement collation form on whatsapp , i don’t know if it is genuine, has anyone here seen or probably filled any kind of form?
they ain’t asking for BVN thou

Fill and know the true meaning of yahoo yahoo

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma Donates 500000 Test Kits, 300 Ventilators To African Countries by joysparrow1(f): 11:07am On Apr 20, 2020
You are doing well
Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma Donates 500000 Test Kits, 300 Ventilators To African Countries by jadejay: 11:07am On Apr 20, 2020
Another Chinese virus infested test kit. I'm not even from the east. But when Aba people start mass producing test kits, and our doctors and nurses start using them, I'll accept to be tested. Until then, never.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma Donates 500000 Test Kits, 300 Ventilators To African Countries by CaptainMitch: 11:08am On Apr 20, 2020
Fake
obojememe:
someone sent me a relief disbursement collation form on whatsapp , i don’t know if it is genuine, has anyone here seen or probably filled any kind of form?
Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma Donates 500000 Test Kits, 300 Ventilators To African Countries by Nobody: 11:10am On Apr 20, 2020
Angelparadise:
This great man have save many innocents African citizen than some African leaders have saved.
But ignorantly , hope this is not a Greek gifts .

It is.
End of story.

The same gifts they gave to Most EU nations and they have issues with China now grin

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma Donates 500000 Test Kits, 300 Ventilators To African Countries by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 20, 2020
I hope other individuals will emulate him irrespective of race or religion.
Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma Donates 500000 Test Kits, 300 Ventilators To African Countries by runningriot: 11:11am On Apr 20, 2020
Interestingly, while South Africa had conducted
114,711 COVID-19 tests, Ghana 60,916 tests, Egypt
55,000 tests, Nigeria, the most populous country in
Africa, had only conducted 7,153 tests.
What are you to say over this heat breaking news? that the giant of Africa can never show how they are the Iroko tree in the forest when it is spifflicate with fire! How on earth is this rational and proportional to the world biggest black country that it has only this number to test on COVID 19, despite her enormous resources and magnanimous population? will posterity not judge some of us that refused to use this 3 world war to change the concept of things? I truly whimper for my nation!

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma Donates 500000 Test Kits, 300 Ventilators To African Countries by Damers: 11:13am On Apr 20, 2020
There are concerns that the continent’s weak health systems may be unable to cope with a large outbreak. Also governments lack financial and logistical resources to deal with the virus. On the part of Ali Baba this is a very noble act and a generous gesture. From my point of view, I would be as much grateful as it possible.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma Donates 500000 Test Kits, 300 Ventilators To African Countries by Sososo(f): 11:14am On Apr 20, 2020
I hope it's genuine otherwise

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma Donates 500000 Test Kits, 300 Ventilators To African Countries by obicmag(m): 11:14am On Apr 20, 2020
The medical supplies is good. My question is that did the NCDC carryout a random test on those medical supplies to ensure that they are 100% safe and virus free before using it on Nigerians? I remembered some European countries complained that the face masks and other medical supplies imported from China are fake. Nigeria and Africa should shine their eyes.

Ask your self why is the number of infected persons on the rise since they started using the test kids. Does it means that those newly infected persons have not been practicing social distancing and other good hygienic measures? Not everything that glitters is gold

Our Leader should be proactive in this trying times. May God save Nigeria, Africa and the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma Donates 500000 Test Kits, 300 Ventilators To African Countries by Dottore: 11:15am On Apr 20, 2020
mansakhalifa:
Why are they still receiving Greek "gifts" from that Communist Party agent?

It's better to keep quiet when you don't have thoughtful things to say. Silence is a virtue brother.
His donations has gone to all the continents of the world and widely welcomed.
He's a wise business man and he's only sowing seeds to grow his wealth. He wants the world to be healed so that people will keep patronizing him.
The way you think is the reason why many people are poor; they think every gesture has an evil undertone. If poor minded folks click "likes" to your post how does it affect the multi billionaire? If you are paying attention you will notice that wise investors show interest in his stocks in the stock exchange market each time any government acknowledges his donation. His share prices keep rising.
That alone is more than enough for him to regain the money he is spending to make the donations. Some manufacturers who are listed on his site also make donations in the his charity efforts in return for a higher ranking and product searches while some are just non profit donations while he takes the glory.
You see why the rich keep getting Richer and the poor getting poorer.

Attn: sou1p1an0 Angelparadise kulobyno cbrezy Onero699999 pxslayer kalufelix itu404 ALABACONNECT xcesspaschal shiwex jadejay gimakon Sososo obicmag infogeneral

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma Donates 500000 Test Kits, 300 Ventilators To African Countries by solecare: 11:17am On Apr 20, 2020
Thanks Jack Ma. God’s blessings
Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma Donates 500000 Test Kits, 300 Ventilators To African Countries by Nobody: 11:18am On Apr 20, 2020
Maybe Nigeria would get 3 of that ventilator. That 300 is not enough for hospitals in the south west in Nigeria alone. Half bread is better than nothing. Good move
Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma Donates 500000 Test Kits, 300 Ventilators To African Countries by dosage150(m): 11:21am On Apr 20, 2020
handsomeyinka:

So you trying to say no corona in Nigeria?

No doubt there MAYBE corona in the country

Where is the patient's pic in the hospital/isolation centres

Around 11pm
They will release another number of cases

Are these patients ghosts?

Hide their identity and ease Nigerians the doubt

Let's see them

Many doubt because they have not seen, and not taking the situation serious in the country

Flaunting the lockdown, not observing the social distancing and other precautions!
Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma Donates 500000 Test Kits, 300 Ventilators To African Countries by Willdone5406: 11:22am On Apr 20, 2020
JasonJidenna:
Atleast, there won't be any "67" years old man to embezzle it..
grin grin angry grin grin angry grin
Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma Donates 500000 Test Kits, 300 Ventilators To African Countries by Ozovehe65(m): 11:23am On Apr 20, 2020
obojememe:

Please I need that link
Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma Donates 500000 Test Kits, 300 Ventilators To African Countries by infogeneral: 11:32am On Apr 20, 2020
The man is feeling guilty for the untold hardship and pains his country has inflicted on the already impoverished african countries. China must pay for this!
Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma Donates 500000 Test Kits, 300 Ventilators To African Countries by Investnow2017: 11:47am On Apr 20, 2020
MainJoe:
No need. The corrupt leaders will just fly them to Abuja and they will disappear.

The FG and NCDC have failed to see that confining people without Mass Testing is not working. Same goes to the State Governors who feel just locking people up will confine the spread.

Without Mass Testing, the Coronavirus Pandemic Will Keep Spreading

Countries such as South Korea that test thousands of people per day have slowed the outbreak. Other nations must adopt Seoul’s model before it’s too late.

The key to South Korea’s success has been speed and an early push toward mass testing, rigorous contact tracing, and mandatory quarantine for anyone near a carrier of the virus.

The country, with a population of 51 million, tests more than 20,000 people a day at more than 600 testing sites nationwide, while integrating apps that not only track individuals if they have tested positive, but also warn them if they might have been exposed to a known case.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/03/23/coronavirus-pandemic-south-korea-italy-mass-testing-covid19-will-keep-spreading/

Lockdown means nothing without testing, isolating and treating infected ones.

My dear you have said it all. Trace, Test, Treat. Test, test, test. We seem not to have started. The zeal with which we are locking down can be directed to Testing, Testing, Testing.

Who else is watching how figures are doubling in:

Ghana
Russia
Brazil
Bangledash
Belarus
Singapore
Saudi Arabia
Qatar
UAE
Djibouti
Mexico
Turkey
India
Peru
Morocco
?

Some say this virus is not in Nigeria because people are not dropping dead on the street. I am not sure that is a brilliant assessment criteria. Testing has to be improved and expanded to avert our healthcare infrastructure from getting overwhelmed because when it gets to that........

The US has for weeks now been recording cases of those who died at home. The figure is staggering. So also with Ecuador and a host of countries whose health systems have been overwhelmed.

At its peak a lot of folks with other ailments may be unwilling to go to hospitals and this can lead to more cases of self-medication. And we all know what that can lead to. It is often said that when it rains it pours! More testing is evidently needed. The criteria for testing should be made less stringent to accommodate all suspicious cases.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma Donates 500000 Test Kits, 300 Ventilators To African Countries by Onitola2: 11:48am On Apr 20, 2020
obojememe:
its a scam government don't use .com in their sites
Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma Donates 500000 Test Kits, 300 Ventilators To African Countries by Dottore: 11:52am On Apr 20, 2020
bluefilm:
This funny looking man is a billionaire?!

Chai, money sef...
To tell you that looks is nothing. Brain is everything.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma Donates 500000 Test Kits, 300 Ventilators To African Countries by kingthreat(m): 11:53am On Apr 20, 2020
JasonJidenna:
Atleast, there won't be any "67" years old man to embezzle it..

You're no better than him. Stop spewing hate on the dead. It could be your turn tomorrow

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma Donates 500000 Test Kits, 300 Ventilators To African Countries by bluefilm: 11:55am On Apr 20, 2020
Dottore:

To tell you that looks is nothing. Brain is everything.

Not for women, though.
Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma Donates 500000 Test Kits, 300 Ventilators To African Countries by Dottore: 11:57am On Apr 20, 2020
obicmag:
The medical supplies is good. My question is that did the NCDC carryout a random test on those medical supplies to ensure that they are 100% safe and virus free before using it on Nigerians? I remembered some European countries complained that the face masks and other medical supplies imported from China are fake. Nigeria and Africa should shine their eyes.

Ask your self why is the number of infected persons on the rise since they started using the test kids. Does it means that those newly infected persons have not been practicing social distancing and other good hygienic measures? Not everything that glitters is gold

Our Leader should be proactive in this trying times. May God save Nigeria, Africa and the world.
Bros there's rise in cases because more tests were conducted. Many people were infected without showing symptoms and they keep infecting others. Medical tests only helped to fish out the hidden carriers.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma Donates 500000 Test Kits, 300 Ventilators To African Countries by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 20, 2020
The second face of colonization
Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma Donates 500000 Test Kits, 300 Ventilators To African Countries by Dottore: 12:00pm On Apr 20, 2020
bluefilm:

Not for women, though.

He can afford and lay any woman he likes in any country of the world. He only need to mention it and you see noble men that will take up the contract and even see it as an honor. With money you can fvck any pussy in the world. Ask Oshiomoloe, Obasanjo, Razaq Okoya etal. Trump himself is not looking sexy yet he married a Russian born international supermodel.
Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma Donates 500000 Test Kits, 300 Ventilators To African Countries by bluefilm: 12:05pm On Apr 20, 2020
Dottore:

He can afford and lay any woman he likes in any country of the world. He only need to mention it and you see noble men that will take up the contract and even see it as an honor. With money you can fvck any pussy in the world. Ask Oshiomoloe, Obasanjo, Razaq Okoya etal. Trump himself is not looking sexy yet he married a Russian born international supermodel.

You are missing the point.

I said beauty matters a lot for women.

Brains doesn't count so much for them.
Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma Donates 500000 Test Kits, 300 Ventilators To African Countries by akindavids(m): 12:12pm On Apr 20, 2020
China has reportedly cure over 70k victims out of 80k cases... Why not send us the drugs used to achieve that rather than test kits and nose masks
Re: COVID-19: Jack Ma Donates 500000 Test Kits, 300 Ventilators To African Countries by Dottore: 12:13pm On Apr 20, 2020
bluefilm:

You are missing the point.

I said beauty matters a lot for women.

Brains doesn't count so much for them.
Oh I see but you really can't blame them. Good looks is a woman's security. They are naturally wired to be conscious of looks. Read about child development. Psychologists are of the opinion and that a female child start showing signs of self consciousness on encountering her male counterpart a an ignorant little child.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction / 20 Best Medical Hospitals In Nigeria / How Insufficient Anti-snake Venom, Treatment Centres Fuels Deaths In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.