Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,812 members, 7,935,473 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 10:03 AM

Akwa Ibom Covid-19 Update: What We Must Know - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom Covid-19 Update: What We Must Know (170 Views)

Update: What Atiku's Lawyer Said About Tinubu's Certificates Can Shutdown CSU / Update: What The Cbn Governor Says About Changing Of Naira Notes In December 202 / Akwa Ibom Covid-19: This Joke Is Too Expensive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Covid-19 Update: What We Must Know by abelekene(m): 6:13pm On Apr 20, 2020
Just last night, the National Center For Disease Control, NCDC released an update on the new cases of the dreaded Corona Virus Disease in the country. According to the update, we've been made to believe that out of the 86 new cases, Lagos State and Abuja have the highest number of cases, 70 and 7 respectively, while Akwa Ibom State and Katsina shared 3 each.

With the 3 new cases of last night, it means that Akwa Ibom State has a total of 9 confirmed cases: three discharged, one death and five active cases respectively.

The result which came out in the early hours of yesterday confirmed that from the test carried out, three of the samples are positive. These three new cases include one Dr. Dominic Essien who passed on last weekend. So far, Dr. Dominic is the first recorded death case in Akwa Ibom State.

This is against the trending information on social media that Akwa Ibom State has seven (7) active cases. I wonder where they got the extra two cases from. It is saddening that we in Akwa Ibom State play politics with everything. If not true, I don't see why some people in the State would tend to use the Covid-19 pandemic to score a cheap point.

Having known this, it would therefore be tomfoolery for anyone in or outside the State to make any attempt to castigate The State Government for either the existence or increased in the number of Covid-19 cases in the State.

I am aware that the State Government on its own has devised measures toward curbing the spread of the virus in the State or completely annihilate it. Some of these measures are equipping the various Isolated Centers with up-to-date medical equipment, construction of new Isolation centers, as well as constantly feeding the citizens with useful information on the virus.

Just few days back, the State Commissioner for Information had announced a plan by Government to conduct massive Covid-19 test in the State. With this development, individuals are expected to volunteer to be tested. What would Government do again to curb the spread of this virus? From what I know, the Government of Akwa Ibom State has done all that was expected from her.

On the management of information by Government, the virus has already caused a great havoc on the world but the mismanagement of information would pose a majuscule hazard on the world than the virus itself. This, the Akwa Ibom State Government has done credibly well in the aspect of information management from the first day. You don't expect Government to release names of confirmed Covid-19 positive cases for public consumption. It is unethical and against humanity.

Having critically examined the incessant criticisms on the Government and some of its Appointees, all I could see is hatred for the government and some of the Appointees, especially the Honourable Commissioners for Information and that of Health. The rate of insults on these two get me worried at times that I ask, " did they just realize that these two are not efficient in the cause of discharging their respective duties or they are hiding under the pretext of Covid-19 to abuse and insults the occupants of those offices because of their evil and selfish motives?

The virus is not produced by the State Government, neither is it remotely controlled by the same people we've tagged "incapacitated". To the best of our knowledge, they've discharged their duties credibly well and there's no concrete reason why the critics should call for the resignation or sack of anyone Government Appointee prior to Covid-19 outbreak in the State. If you think you would have done better, why are you still where you are?

(1) (Reply)

Ex - Communication Minister Condoles Buhari. / Covid-19 - Why Do We Think The Poor Are Unwilling To Stay At Home?? / COVID-19: Remarks By Governor Okezie Ikpeazu During A Media Briefing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.