Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,972 members, 7,896,154 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 07:29 AM

Help With Old Decoder! - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Help With Old Decoder! (4132 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Old Decoder! by uzoo: 5:15pm On Jan 06, 2011
ok guys , we need help with installing a new decoder for my folks, they just got rid of the old 2003 dstv decoder and someone told them that he can get them a STRONG decoder that records movies as well and we can also use the old dstv smart card which was on the old dstv decoder on the strong.

so pls can anyone help us out here , he said it costs N16,000, is it true

also with this latest STRONG decoder can our old dstv smart card work with it when we activate our account by calling dstv customer care.

also can anyone pls list the stations we\ll be recieveing once we install the STRONG decoder.

currently we have the medium sized dish that has a bis S sign on it.

does this STRONG decoder allow dual view from other rooms in the house using your tv remote.

this is urgent cause we already paid 3 months subscription on dstv compact and the account is running
this was before my folks realised that the old dstv decoder wont work anymore cause its really old and they were'nt around to take it to dstv office last year for the free swap , and now dstv has run out of decoders.

pls help.
Re: Help With Old Decoder! by twinskenny(m): 6:22pm On Jan 06, 2011
hey lady

this is very simple, can u kindly ask the person that want to do the installation more question? 'he is the only that can give you better answer
Re: Help With Old Decoder! by uzoo: 6:34pm On Jan 06, 2011
i already did , and i wasnt satisfied with the answers he gave me , thats why i\m here,

i need more informations from the gurus on this section.

or people who are using the""" strong""" decoder to tell me which models are available and what each one does.
Re: Help With Old Decoder! by twinskenny(m): 7:26pm On Jan 06, 2011
uzoo:

i already did , and i wasnt satisfied with the answers he gave me , thats why i\m here,

i need more informations from the gurus on this section.

or people who are using the""" strong""" decoder to tell me which models are available and what each one does.

okay first of all what is the model of the dstv decoder you are talking about?

Secondly you can get your either strong 4663x or 4669x. it truly your dstv card is the old type it will work without issues.

thirdly if you are looking for a strong decoder that will do recording and act as PVR you may need to go for the strong 4900 or the 4910, though you need to get your self an external harddrive for you to be able to record.

I hope i have sheld more light on your question, if you have more question feel free to ask.

thanks
Re: Help With Old Decoder! by uzoo: 2:38pm On Jan 10, 2011
thanks for the reply

i\l find out the model of the old dstv decoder later cause its at my folks place at the moment.

i think the strong 4663x or 4669x.will do just fine.

so what stations are actually free on the 4663x and 4669x decoder?

how much does the decoder go for?

since we use the small dish with the big S logo on it , will that recieve free stations on the strong decoder?

thanks and looking forward to your reply.
Re: Help With Old Decoder! by twinskenny(m): 8:53pm On Jan 10, 2011
grin

okay if you want to go for a decoder go for the 69x and i think it should be around 13k or so,

with your small dish you can enjoy multi tv and some free dstv channels, choice is yours, and by the way u can actually combine the two sat and enjoy all in one setup

good luck
Re: Help With Old Decoder! by solajacobs(m): 9:08pm On Jan 10, 2011
u can call the man that did my installation on 08033863309, he is a master on installation matters.
Re: Help With Old Decoder! by uzoo: 1:56pm On Jan 11, 2011
thanks a lot you all.
Re: Help With Old Decoder! by twinskenny(m): 2:18pm On Jan 11, 2011
grin

hope uve rectified the problem?

(1) (Reply)

Beinssport 1 And Beinsport 2 On Astra19.2"east / Required: Software For Usb Dvb-s Box / New Ku-band Satellite Frequency For 90cm Dish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.