Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,743 members, 7,879,222 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 02:22 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (362) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (984410 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (452) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by andoSwift(m): 6:08pm On Sep 11, 2023
Good day to you all.

I recently applied for a visa interview at Abuja US Embassy against Spring (January) semester 2024, however, the only available date that I can select is March 2024 upward. My question are:
1. I checked the waiting time for Lagos embassy which is 50 days, I want to know if it is possible to pay a new MRV and select Lagos center to have 2023 dates.
2. Do I need to cancel the visa appointment of the Abuja embassy before applying for the that of Lagos?

Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ezepikin: 9:20pm On Sep 11, 2023
Hi All, pls anyone applied recently for US B1/B2 visa? Any available dates between now and Feb 2024?
I'll appreciate any feedback.Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 11:36pm On Sep 11, 2023
fellowdavid123:
ONLY FOR GUYS IN USA.

If you just moved to the united states, and you need an online store to order cheap gadgets. Temu is a very reliable store. Register using this link and get some BACK-TO-SCHOOL FREEBIES. https://temu.com/s/WrrIOZyCRq5HLI

Please read before getting into TEMUs drama. ONLY USE DISPOSABLE CREDIT CARDS
https://www.reddit.com/r/Wellthatsucks/comments/15fbnzw/you_order_one_thing_from_temu_and_the_next_day/

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TheEnforcer: 1:04am On Sep 12, 2023
fkj950ax:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Wellthatsucks/comments/15fbnzw/you_order_one_thing_from_temu_and_the_next_day/
The way this Temu bombards you with advert.I never shipped from them because the adverts are just too much its irritating. How desperate is that. And now I see something if off about them.My neighbor has been shopping there but won't

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Zirconia16: 11:58am On Sep 12, 2023
Have you started your application or you already have an interview date? The person who needs to the travel aka your wife has not even applied so unfortunately you can't make it in any time for her to give birth there. Infact this child will be more than 1 year old by the time you even get a date for interview even if you apply right now.

Looking for a great 2nd passport for your child? Try Canada. Wait times to get a decision is now shorter compared to even up to a year ago. And Canadian passport holders can freely enter the US and many other countries.

Good luck and congrats in advance.
lantres000:
Dear friends please I need your advise.

I wish for my wife to give birth to our child in the US ( She is a few weeks pregnant, so there is enough time to strategize).
So prior to this time, in 2020 Feb we both applied for a visiting visa to the US and we were both denied. So far she has been to the UK once and myself twice with a few African countries for work.

This time I want to apply for a tourist visa alone and if am lucky and get it, she will apply independently too.

Do you guys think this strategy will work?

Any better idea will be highly welcomed.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Taal17: 1:09pm On Sep 12, 2023
fkj950ax:

Why am I not surprised
I ordered from them once they said discount only with the app. I reluctantly downloaded. The ads and notifications were trolling me .
The minute I got my items (which were half fake) I uninstalled the app and never went back.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Taal17: 1:31pm On Sep 12, 2023
lantres000:
Dear friends please I need your advise.

I wish for my wife to give birth to our child in the US ( She is a few weeks pregnant, so there is enough time to strategize).
So prior to this time, in 2020 Feb we both applied for a visiting visa to the US and we were both denied. So far she has been to the UK once and myself twice with a few African countries for work.

This time I want to apply for a tourist visa alone and if am lucky and get it, she will apply independently too.

Do you guys think this strategy will work?

Any better idea will be highly welcomed.

Thanks in anticipation

Go to the birthing in the US thread
Similar posters who have done the same.

My opinion? apply together, spend time on the portal getting a date.
If you get an early date then say it's a vacation.
If the date is far then prep with evidence of birthing plans incl funds and reason for choosing US.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by lantres000(m): 1:59pm On Sep 12, 2023
Zirconia16:
Have you started your application or you already have an interview date? The person who needs to the travel aka your wife has not even applied so unfortunately you can't make it in any time for her to give birth there. Infact this child will be more than 1 year old by the time you even get a date for interview even if you apply right now.

Looking for a great 2nd passport for your child? Try Canada. Wait times to get a decision is now shorter compared to even up to a year ago. And Canadian passport holders can freely enter the US and many other countries.

Good luck and congrats in advance.

God bless you, my brother. US does not look feasible any longer. So yes I actually had Canada at the top of my head, but the issue am having is the possibility of getting an invitation from a relative or a friend. Is it possible to apply for vacation in canada without getting an invite (I mean just make a hotel booking and travel?).
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ezepikin: 3:45pm On Sep 12, 2023
Hi All, pls anyone applied recently for US B1/B2 visa? Any available dates between now and Feb 2024?
I'll appreciate any feedback. Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ezepikin: 3:46pm On Sep 12, 2023
I'll appreciate any feedback...Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 1:46am On Sep 13, 2023
Zirconia16:
Good day guys.

Pls I need help/information regarding the following.

I just applied for interview waiver and the date I selected is this Thursday 14, September.

I'm really confused as to how to submit my documents and what documents to submit.

I live in port Harcourt and my appointment location is Abuja.

Please, how do I send my documents across and what documents am I supposed to include. I really can't seem to figure it at all. Thanks.

Also how is my document/passport to be returned to me.

Pls pls, I would be appreciating a response. Pls don't read and pass if you have answers or have recently had to send your documents for IW from another state than the one for your appointment.

Thanks and God bless 🙏

Passport.
Visa fee receipt.
Appointment confirmation page.

Please note that tour are expected to drop it off yourself at Abuja. Call the embassy ASAP to verify.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by practicalclass: 11:14am On Sep 13, 2023
Help please!
I submitted a visa application anf printed confirmation page before printing the application just for my record. However when I go back to retrieve the application, I am unable to print a copy of the application (that button is grayed out). Please is this normal or a glitch?
I would really like to have a copy of the application.

Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by chrisaham: 1:34pm On Sep 13, 2023
Hello guys who has noticed changes on the B1B2 home page, I mean when I log in, my details are displayed but to the left where other information are usually displayed,its just blank..here I mean, cancel of appointment, reschedule and emergency application none are displayed anymore..is this a general problem?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kezzy09: 4:06pm On Sep 13, 2023
[quote author=practicalclass post=125764441]Help please!
I submitted a visa application anf printed confirmation page before printing the application just for my record. However when I go back to retrieve the application, I am unable to print a copy of the application (that button is grayed out). Please is this normal or a glitch?
I would really like to have a copy of the application.

Sorry, once application has been successfully submitted you can't ascess it anymore.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by iyaaliyah: 9:05pm On Sep 13, 2023
Good evening.
Pls, how can I add my months old baby. Parents already has visa. Should i create an account or use my existing account?
Help pls. Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kezzy09: 10:03pm On Sep 13, 2023
chrisaham:
Hello guys who has noticed changes on the B1B2 home page, I mean when I log in, my details are displayed but to the left where other information are usually displayed,its just blank..here I mean, cancel of appointment, reschedule and emergency application none are displayed anymore..is this a general problem?

Just checked mine it displayed but only option to reschedule is not displayed. Don't think it's a problem... Just check back again if it continues you can call help desk to further direct you on what to do.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kezzy09: 10:07pm On Sep 13, 2023
iyaaliyah:
Good evening.
Pls, how can I add my months old baby. Parents already has visa. Should i create an account or use my existing account?
Help pls. Thank you.

To be properly guided just call the care lines of the embassy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kezzy09: 10:08pm On Sep 13, 2023
iyaaliyah:
Good evening.
Help pls. Thank you.

To be properly guided just call the embassy....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by jubrilar(m): 2:42am On Sep 14, 2023
Hello house, pls help with ur advise, I have a family friend which has been in US for years, he went there through america lotteries. Now he want to invite me. What are the requirements I will need from him. To back up my documents. I am married with two kids, working with salaries of 500k monthly, have some travel history
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by iyaaliyah: 10:43am On Sep 14, 2023
Just pay for your visa fee. Fill your DS160 form and book a date. His invitation counts for nothing. You are to convince the VO that you will return to Nigeria. Read up and see different posters interviews here. Since you have some travel experiences, it may work in your favour if those countries are not just some neighbouring countries. You need no invitation letter.

jubrilar:
Hello house, pls help with ur advise, I have a family friend which has been in US for years, he went there through america lotteries. Now he want to invite me. What are the requirements I will need from him. To back up my documents. I am married with two kids, working with salaries of 500k monthly, have some travel history

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by DecentT: 10:18pm On Sep 14, 2023
I need to reschedule my appointment from July 2024 to a closer date, and don't have extra money at the moment to pay an agent.

Please share with me any group/number where I can get updates on available dates.
Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 1:35am On Sep 15, 2023
DecentT:
I need to reschedule my appointment from July 2024 to a closer date, and don't have extra money at the moment to pay an agent.

Please share with me any group/number where I can get updates on available dates.
Thanks.

There is none.
You have to log into your ustraveldocs 3 times a day and be checking yourself

Don’t do more than 3 times or you’d be locked out temporarily

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by iyaaliyah: 8:42am On Sep 15, 2023
Good morning.
Pls who has info on how to go about a 4 month old appointment? Parents have visa already.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by DecentT: 9:43am On Sep 15, 2023
Okay. Thanks.
Can you suggest the times of the day to log in & check, for better chances?

fkj950ax:

There is none.
You have to log into your ustraveldocs 3 times a day and be checking yourself

Don’t do more than 3 times or you’d be locked out temporarily
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Passwords754: 2:58pm On Sep 15, 2023
Hi house. The us embassy requested fir my passport a few weeks back along side some documents. Today they sent back my passport without a visa stating that they wanna do some additional administrative processing. Does anyone know what’s going on. Where do I go from here

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by topsam1(m): 8:13am On Sep 16, 2023
Good morning house, trust everyone is fine. Please I have a complicated case at hand. Sometimes early last year, I applied for a visit visa through an agent, interview date was given already then, but later an info came that they will have to reschedule the date and immediate I lost trust in the process and i left the whole process the way it was.

Luckily, I read later that US is giving out extention till September 30, 2023 to those who paid before October 2022, I fall into that category.

I paid the visa fee myself, and I have the receipt in my gtb app, but the issue is I don't even know where to start from, and again to ask the house if the receipt is still valid for that purpose despite being used for same purpose before as claimed by the agent. He's is not even responding to my message again.

Trying to know what documents I will need to fill out the form. The gurus in the house, please help me... thank you all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 1:47pm On Sep 16, 2023
topsam1:

I paid the visa fee myself, and I have the receipt in my gtb app, but the issue is I don't even know where to start from, and again to ask the house if the receipt is still valid for that purpose despite being used for same purpose

Trying to know what documents I will need to fill out the form.

You don't need any document to fill the form. The DS160 Application is you filling out details about yourself. Life, Work and Financial History.
The Visa Fee is valid for one year from date you paid for it. But there is a limit on the number of times you can reschedule appointments before it becomes expired, you have to pay another fee.
Asking what documents indicates you don't know what was filled for you by the agent, so this is your real complication. Filling another DS160 one year after and the info has so much variance with the previous one won't help your application.

Guys,
Do consider not using agents.
There is nothing they can do that you can't do. There is no special skillset they have that you don't have. There is nothing unique the Embassy gives them that you do not have access to (and freely).
Agents will embellish your profile to make it appear you are larger than what you are - misrepresentation (which the embassy punishes you when it bottoms out). Most of the info they use in embellishing your profile is not even shared with you, and in future, you wont be able to defend it or even answer basic questions about them. The profile they created for you (ustraveldocs) stays there forever and thats what you'd need in future to deal with USinNigeria.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by JustJoy0717: 5:12pm On Sep 16, 2023
Hello house,

my sister applied for B1/B2 visa for her 3 kids to travel for summer holidays, they attended interview at Abuja consular office and were granted the visas (she had hers already). The passport for 2 kids were ready for collection one week later, but d oldest kid's own is still at d embassy and each time we call d contact centre or send a mail, the status is always the same -"still under processing". its been over 8 weeks and no word yet from the embassy. What could be wrong, who do we escalate this to?

Any pionters please ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by topsam1(m): 6:54pm On Sep 16, 2023
Thanks alot...i still need to get back to him to know if he actually created a profile for me or not... thanks once again.
fkj950ax:

You don't need any document to fill the form. The DS160 Application is you filling out details about yourself. Life, Work and Financial History.
The Visa Fee is valid for one year from date you paid for it. But there is a limit on the number of times you can reschedule appointments before it becomes expired, you have to pay another fee.
Asking what documents indicates you don't know what was filled for you by the agent, so this is your real complication. Filling another DS160 one year after and the info has so much variance with the previous one won't help your application.

Guys,
Do consider not using agents.
There is nothing they can do that you can't do. There is no special skillset they have that you don't have. There is nothing unique the Embassy gives them that you do not have access to (and freely).
Agents will embellish your profile to make it appear you are larger than what you are - misrepresentation (which the embassy punishes you when it bottoms out). Most of the info they use in embellishing your profile is not even shared with you, and in future, you wont be able to defend it or even answer basic questions about them. The profile they created for you (ustraveldocs) stays there forever and thats what you'd need in future to deal with USinNigeria.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 7:06pm On Sep 16, 2023
topsam1:
Thanks alot...i still need to get back to him to know if he actually created a profile for me or not... thanks once again.

For 'them' to say you have an interview date and later say it has been rescheduled can only be 'plausible' because he/she created a ustraveldocs profile. You need that log in.
If you create another one, the embassy will block it because your passport number is tied to that one. You'd need to get it to or ask the embassy to reset the password to the account - that is if its an email address you have.

Your info in the DS160 can change. Events and circumstances change in life, but it must follow a pattern thats not bizarre.
EG 'They' packages Conference Application using Auditor Profile at Julius Berger for you 2 years ago, and you now refill yourself stating you have been a Food Tech Mgr at Unilever for the past 5 years.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 7:14pm On Sep 16, 2023
JustJoy0717:
Hello house,
oldest kid's own is still at d embassy and each time we call d contact centre or send a mail, the status is always the same -"still under processing". its been over 8 weeks and no word yet from the embassy. What could be wrong, who do we escalate this to?
Any pionters please ?

Contact the embassy. They have a Visa Navigator that you will need to use to get to them. I don't have the Abuja version, but this is what the Lagos one looks like.
But anytime you have Under Processing update, you have to just wait

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by BlessedABee: 7:47pm On Sep 16, 2023
Passwords754:
Hi house. The us embassy requested fir my passport a few weeks back along side some documents. Today they sent back my passport without a visa stating that they wanna do some additional administrative processing. Does anyone know what’s going on. Where do I go from here

I went through administrative processing in 2021. I was called after about a week or two to submit my passport. They will call you to inform you of their decision once they complete their “investigation”

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (452)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.