Stats: 3,171,087 members, 7,880,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:26 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (985117 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (452) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Abdoor44: 9:23am On Oct 19, 2021
lordchosen:

You can give it a try....no where to indicate you have been refused a visa before in visa application form.... unless there was a Denied stamp on your passport........am not sure the type of visa you will be applying for. because B1/B2 visa is not for training and for you to secure a student visa you need to hv I20. J1 Visa will be the best if you are a Professional

I sincerely appreciate your reply. I choose B1/B2 because its also stated in my invitation letter that i will use the training and seminar opportunity to attend one of their departmental conference scheduled to take place around that period of my training and i am not a professional but a postgraduate student here in Europe. Do you mean i can still change my visa type of application to J1 visa?

Thanks in anticipation sir/ma!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 12:31pm On Oct 19, 2021
Abdoor44:

I sincerely appreciate your reply. I choose B1/B2 because its also stated in my invitation letter that i will use the training and seminar opportunity to attend one of their departmental conference scheduled to take place around that period of my training and i am not a professional but a postgraduate student here in Europe. Do you mean i can still change my visa type of application to J1 visa?

Thanks in anticipation sir/ma!

The B1/B2 visa covers a variety of reasons for travel to the United States that includes both business and tourism/non-business purposes.

Reasons for travel under a B1/B2 visa include but are not limited to:

Conducting business, such as negotiating a contract or attending business meetings
Attending a conference relevant to a profession, education, or current business endeavor
Settling a relative’s estate
Engaging in tourist activities or take a vacation
Visiting family
Receiving medical treatment
Attending or taking part in events, such as concerts or classes, as long as there is no payment or credit given to the attendee
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by whiteMandingo: 2:45pm On Oct 19, 2021
babamiMato:
Guys , does anyone know if the B1 B2 visa is still ongoing with reasonably close dates (including next year)? There were some speculations that they're pushing the interview dates as far as 2024. even their website says 824 days that is 2yrs+ ... any up-to-date information would be highly appreciated ...

no dates availabe in abuja as of 18th oct 2021
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by planetx: 2:46pm On Oct 19, 2021
2024 to attend a visa interview that you will most likely be rejected. Who wait that long on a fools errand.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 3:25pm On Oct 19, 2021
planetx:
2024 to attend a visa interview that you will most likely be rejected. Who wait that long on a fools errand.

As opposed to what if I may ask?
Also, if there is an appointment for Nov 2021, will that lead to approval, or is it the 2024 that will lead to the non-approval in your statement?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Abdoor44: 3:48pm On Oct 19, 2021
well noted and i appreciate your contribution in this regard. In my case, do you advise i continue to apply under B1/B2 visa category in order to attend the training, seminar, and also conference as indicated in my invitation letter?

Thank you!

fkj950ax:

The B1/B2 visa covers a variety of reasons for travel to the United States that includes both business and tourism/non-business purposes.

Reasons for travel under a B1/B2 visa include but are not limited to:

Conducting business, such as negotiating a contract or attending business meetings
Attending a conference relevant to a profession, education, or current business endeavor
Settling a relative’s estate
Engaging in tourist activities or take a vacation
Visiting family
Receiving medical treatment
Attending or taking part in events, such as concerts or classes, as long as there is no payment or credit given to the attendee
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 4:17pm On Oct 19, 2021
Abdoor44:
well noted and i appreciate your contribution in this regard. In my case, do you advise i continue to apply under B1/B2 visa category in order to attend the training, seminar, and also conference as indicated in my invitation letter?

Thank you!

Yes.
Thats the category

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Abdoor44: 4:57pm On Oct 19, 2021
Thank you, boss, much appreciated!

fkj950ax:

Yes.
Thats the category
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by piscesnow(f): 5:56pm On Oct 19, 2021
Please for bank statements which is acceptable for interview. Print out and stamped from the bank or the print out from my internet banking?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 11:47pm On Oct 19, 2021
planetx:

Are you saying some people are actually booking for 2023/2024 date?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by lordchosen: 5:18am On Oct 20, 2021
oluayebenz:

Are you saying some people are actually booking for 2023/2024 date?

lol yes people are booking appointment for 2023 /2024....i wonder what they are going to tell the Consular officer.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by whiteMandingo: 6:09am On Oct 20, 2021
lordchosen:

lol yes people are booking appointment for 2023 /2024....i wonder what they are going to tell the Consular officer.

they may be able to change to an earlier date later on..when things normalize...as of today, still no date available
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by lordchosen: 8:09am On Oct 20, 2021
whiteMandingo:

they may be able to change to an earlier date later on..when things normalize...as of today, still no date available

and what happen to the Intended date of Traveling ? Better not to Complicate your Application. you can't fill visa application form in 2021 and tell them your intended traveling date is 2023/2024
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 8:55am On Oct 20, 2021
lordchosen:

That makes no sense then

I don't know why people cannot just leave that embassy for now, why will a sane person pick 2023/2024 for visa interview, no be juju be that
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by 2luwa(m): 11:51am On Oct 20, 2021
Had my interview today but visa was denied. It pains ooo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by anfanio: 1:33pm On Oct 20, 2021
Abdoor44:
Hello gurus in the house, I would like to ask some questions about B1/B2 visitor visa,

I am a student in Europe, I got an invitation letter from a university in the states to attend a 3 weeks training and seminar which i have been given a topic to present at the seminar, it was stated in the invitation letter that i will be attending one of their departmental conference during my period of visit. It also stated in the invitation letter that my accommodation, food, and local transportation will be covered and i will be picked up at the airport by the university rep on the day of my arrival in the states...These are my questions?

1. 2019, i was rejected a Canadian student visa from Nija...July 2021 i was rejected UK visa to attend a conference base on covid 19 and financial reasons and the visa application was made in Europe. What is my chance of getting approved for the US visa?

2. In 2014 i traveled to UAE.... in 2019 i visited Ghana. recently i visited Germany and turkey. Will these visited countries fly as travel history?

3. I intend to use self-sponsorship for the trip, although all my living expenses for the 3weeks stay will be covered by my host institution in the state... I have a registered business in Nigeria being run and managed by my staff while I'm here for my studies and the business documents is with me, can this prove my source of income....?

Thank in anticipation as you take your precious time to answer my questions above!

Consider these factors;
In what European country are you?
Your level of study -- Masters, Phd
Your course of study
The host university
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Drae20: 2:49pm On Oct 20, 2021
Hi Guys,

Kudos for all the feedbacks.

Please i will like to know what offence or issues those into importation of items from the USA has, that 99% of feedback have been negative so far.

What is the issue gan gan

And any possible way around it during Visa interviews

Thanks!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 3:56pm On Oct 20, 2021
2luwa:
Had my interview today but visa was denied. It pains ooo

Sorry about that
Pls share your transcript
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mane48: 4:09pm On Oct 20, 2021
i thought by now visa will be easy to get
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by 2luwa(m): 5:12pm On Oct 20, 2021
oluayebenz:

Sorry about that
Pls share your transcript
Nothing to share jare, three questions was asked and next was green paper
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aysticksz: 5:23pm On Oct 20, 2021
this is the funniest thing ive seen today,,,lol.........e be like say na juju grin grin grin
lordchosen:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Thane(m): 7:44pm On Oct 20, 2021
Please can anybody send me an example of statement of purpose letter for masters degree. Email is thanedominic@gmail.com
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Harbioula: 11:50pm On Oct 20, 2021
Abeg. i need to ask. shey dem still dey give visiting visa for now ni. Cos i feel they are only dealing wit ppl that want to renew and also studies.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Drae20: 4:55am On Oct 21, 2021
Hello Friends,

Please need help urgently.

I recently updated my D160 confirmation code to a new one, but this is different from the one used in booking my interview appointment.

I have read how pple have issues with their D160 confirmation code and the one used for booking the appointment.

Please guys i need advise as to whether this has any implications as i will not like to be turned back due to that difference.

I need help please as my interview date is less than 2weeks.

God bless u all!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Teeore: 5:04pm On Oct 21, 2021
Hello everyone,

I want to apply for a B1 Visa for a conference which is 2weeks. But I want to stay in the US for 3 months in total. What do I put as my length of stay in the DS160 form?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 21, 2021
Drae20:

I recently updated my D160 confirmation code to a new one, but this is different from the one used in booking my interview appointment.

I have read how pple have issues with their D160 confirmation code and the one used for booking the appointment.

Simply go to where you booked your interview appointment (cgi website), edit your profile and update the new ds160 confirmation number there
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 7:35pm On Oct 21, 2021
Teeore:
Hello everyone,

I want to apply for a B1 Visa for a conference which is 2weeks. But I want to stay in the US for 3 months in total. What do I put as my length of stay in the DS160 form?

Why would you want to go for a conference and stay for three months? You are setting yourself up for refusal.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by john143: 10:24am On Oct 22, 2021
Hello Friends and family, How are you guys? please i humbly need your urgent reply.

Due to Last year Lockdown, I overstayed in the US uptill 9months. form February 18th 2020 to November 20th 2020

I traveled to US on the 18/02/2020 and was suppose to return back to Lagos, Nigeria 31st of March 2020, due to the Airport closure that started 20/03/2020 in Nigeria my flight was cancelled. but i quickly filed for an Extension in the US and i have been issued with a receipt by the USCIS FORM I-797C (Notice of Action for Extension).

This would by my 4th time Visit in the US, I have never overstayed my visit except this very last one as mentioned above that was
caused by the global Covid 19 Pandemic lockdown and ENDSARS protest in Nigeria.

Now I'm about to renew my B1/B2 Visa again, i hope i'm good to go?.

Please your reply will be highly appreciated.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by john143: 10:45am On Oct 22, 2021
ISTLADY:
I really need help! Please can someone help me. I want to have my baby in US by June,2021.I'm 3 months gone now. Who can help me with processing my visa and how much will it cost me. Please respond ASAP so we could get started
Hello Friends and family, How are you guys? please i humbly need your urgent reply.

Due to Last year Lockdown, I overstayed in the US uptill 9months. form February 18th 2020 to November 20th 2020

I traveled to US on the 18/02/2020 and was suppose to return back to Lagos, Nigeria 31st of March 2020, due to the Airport closure that started 20/03/2020 in Nigeria my flight was cancelled. but i quickly filed for an Extension in the US and i have been issued with a receipt by the USCIS FORM I-797C (Notice of Action for Extension).

This would by my 4th time Visit in the US, I have never overstayed my visit except this very last one as mentioned above that was

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by john143: 11:00am On Oct 22, 2021

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Blackfinegirl(f): 12:47pm On Oct 22, 2021
john143:

As long as you extended, you are okay, But what if they ask you why didn't you leave with the evacuation flight in July ?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 1:55pm On Oct 22, 2021
Blackfinegirl:

As long as you extended, you are okay, But what if they ask you why didn't you leave with the evacuation flight in July ?

It's not a sin if she/he can't afford it as at that time

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (452)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49