Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,087 members, 7,880,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:26 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (985121 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (452) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Abdoor44: 10:02pm On Nov 20, 2021
ok, thanks, please anyone in the house to help with the answer to my question

AfonjaBoston:

Sorry I know nada about B1/B2 visa processing
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 11:31pm On Nov 20, 2021
Abdoor44:

I make some changes to my DS160 form. my question is, during my interview, should i go with the old and new DS160 forms? Is it advisable to tell the visa officer about the updated DS160 form during my interview or i should just handle the new form and wait until im asked about the new update on my form? Also, i recently visited about 3 European countries but my passport was not stamped during my visit because i traveled by bus. Even when i traveled by air, the border security didn't stamp my passport, i asked him why he told me is because i have a Schengen valid visa. I have also included those travel histories in my DS160 application form. Please what's your view about this?

Thank you, guys

I know this isn't directed at me:

1. for your ds160, i don't think you need to go with the old and new, the VO will work with the latest ds160 number you input in your profile on the CGI site (where you scheduled your interview). make sure the needed changes are on the new one. bear in mind you can only attend the interview with one ds160 form

2. I believe since you have a Schengen visa you can also state the countries you visited and if the VO asks why no stamps, you can tell her/her you travelled via bus hence you weren't stamped. Obviously, you Schengen visa will be visible for the VO to see.

Cheers
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Abdoor44: 11:48pm On Nov 20, 2021
Thank you so much, brother,

nelem:

1. for your ds160, i don't think you need to go with the old and new, the VO will work with the latest ds160 number you input in your profile on the CGI site (where you scheduled your interview). make sure the needed changes are on the new one. bear in mind you can only attend the interview with one ds160 form

2. I believe since you have a Schengen visa you can also state the countries you visited and if the VO asks why no stamps, you can tell her/her you travelled via bus hence you weren't stamped. Obviously, you Schengen visa will be visible for the VO to see.

Cheers
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Enimase: 3:14am On Nov 21, 2021
nelem:

Cheers

Good morning house my cousin sister she’s graduating as a pharmacist and she will like me to be part of Graduation ceremony and she’s having intention of telling the school to write me invitation and which they agree to and I just want to ask what’s the chance of getting visa and when the school write me and invite do they need to send one to the embassy too or not?

And did she need to write a personal invitation too or not needed

Thanks ��
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by lordchosen: 1:51pm On Nov 21, 2021
Abdoor44:
Hello gurus,

I make some changes to my DS160 form. my question is, during my interview, should i go with the old and new DS160 forms? Is it advisable to tell the visa officer about the updated DS160 form during my interview or i should just handle the new form and wait until im asked about the new update on my form? Also, i recently visited about 3 European countries but my passport was not stamped during my visit because i traveled by bus. Even when i traveled by air, the border security didn't stamp my passport, i asked him why he told me is because i have a Schengen valid visa. I have also included those travel histories in my DS160 application form. Please what's your view about this?

Thank you, guys

are you applying from Nigeria? if not then no worries.....most western countries only stamp passport when you are coming into the country.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Zico0(m): 7:10pm On Nov 21, 2021
Hello, guys
I tried going through the previous threads but it was too tiring, so I'm a complete novice here. Please tolerate me.
Although, all I see here is visits, I'm planning to immigrate to the US. And I know about all the visa restrictions to Nigerians, but I want to know if there's a way to work around it, or if this is even the right thread for me.
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by coopfortune(m): 7:31pm On Nov 21, 2021
coopfortune:
please house,
what's the earliest date for us B1/Ɓ2 visa

any hint on this please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 8:05pm On Nov 21, 2021
Enimase:

Good morning house my cousin sister she’s graduating as a pharmacist and she will like me to be part of Graduation ceremony and she’s having intention of telling the school to write me invitation and which they agree to and I just want to ask what’s the chance of getting visa and when the school write me and invite do they need to send one to the embassy too or not?

And did she need to write a personal invitation too or not needed

Thanks ��

1. This is your "cousin's sister" (isn't that your cousin too), your chances of getting the visa are slim to none.
2. The school will not send you a personal invitation.
3. The embassy is not interested in an invitation letter from your school or "cousin's sister". They will not read them.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Enimase: 8:24pm On Nov 21, 2021
TWoods:

1. This is your "cousin's sister" (isn't that your cousin too), your chances of getting the visa are slim to none.
2. The school will not send you a personal invitation.
3. The embassy is not interested in an invitation letter from your school or "cousin's sister". They will not read them.

I don’t understand what you mean by “cousin sister”(Isn’t that that your cousin)
And the school already draft the letter and she send it to me this morning irrespective of it all I will still give it a try and still let them know my intentions is to visit and will be using the opportunity to attend her graduation ceremony

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 8:30pm On Nov 21, 2021
Enimase:

I don’t understand what you mean by “cousin sister”(Isn’t that that your cousin)
And the school already draft the letter and she send it to me this morning irrespective of it all I will still give it a try and still let them know my intentions is to visit and will be using the opportunity to attend her graduation ceremony

The embassy will not read the letter.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 10:11pm On Nov 21, 2021
Zico0:
Hello, guys
I tried going through the previous threads but it was too tiring, so I'm a complete novice here. Please tolerate me.
Although, all I see here is visits, I'm planning to immigrate to the US. And I know about all the visa restrictions to Nigerians, but I want to know if there's a way to work around it, or if this is even the right thread for me.
Thanks

To immigrate lawfully to the US, you'd need a form of visa. Use this link to find out which one you can meet the requirements of the options.
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/wizard.html

But you are already trying to work around it...

There are no visa restrictions on Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 10:15pm On Nov 21, 2021
Enimase:

You cousin sister is supposed to be your cousin also.

With the situation of getting appointments, when is this ceremony holding?
No available dates till 2023. Attending a graduation ceremony doesn't fall under emergency appointments.

Also, the embassy doesn't require or actually read invitation letters. Maybe 0.5% of instances

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Enimase: 10:35pm On Nov 21, 2021
fkj950ax:

You cousin sister is supposed to be your cousin also.

With the situation of getting appointments, when is this ceremony holding?
No available dates till 2023. Attending a graduation ceremony doesn't fall under emergency appointments.

Also, the embassy doesn't require or actually read invitation letters. Maybe 0.5% of instances

Okay even they ain’t going to read the letter I will still have it with me irrespective of anything and like I said I will apply on visit and still will mention it that I would be using the opportunity to attend her graduation Ceremony which will be holding by May 11th and 12th of 2022,well as for no appointments till 2023,we can’t say and don’t know what next year will hold I have faith things will go fine before then or better still find a way of getting appointment then.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 3:50am On Nov 22, 2021
Enimase:

Okay even they ain’t going to read the letter I will still have it with me irrespective of anything and like I said I will apply on visit and still will mention it that I would be using the opportunity to attend her graduation Ceremony which will be holding by May 11th and 12th of 2022,well as for no appointments till 2023,we can’t say and don’t know what next year will hold I have faith things will go fine before then or better still find a way of getting appointment then.

This is laughably ridiculous. I'm not sure you understand what faith truly is... it isn't a genie in a bottle.

Also what do you mean by "find a way of getting appointment"? Is this "graduation" for your "cousin" that important that you must attend?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Enimase: 6:05am On Nov 22, 2021
TWoods:

This is laughably ridiculous. I'm not sure you understand what faith truly is... it isn't a genie in a bottle.

Also what do you mean by "find a way of getting appointment"? Is this "graduation" for your "cousin" that important that you must attend?

Yea very important and she wants me to be there thanks....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Bame: 10:56am On Nov 22, 2021
As of today, the earliest date is in March 2023. I am also looking out for an earlier date in 2022. You should keep serious tab and be persistent with looking out for the dates as they fluctuate. It can be tiring and discouraging too but just keep it up with it.

coopfortune:

any hint on this please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by coopfortune(m): 12:30pm On Nov 22, 2021
Bame:
As of today, the earliest date is in March 2023. I am also looking out for an earlier date in 2022. You should keep serious tab and be persistent with looking out for the dates as they fluctuate. It can be tiring and discouraging too but just keep it up with it.

thank you

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by trav(m): 12:43pm On Nov 22, 2021
Good day guys,
Please I need some advise here. My elderly aunt went to pay her US visa fee at GT Bank and mistaken gave the teller her old passport expiring today. Funnily (not funny though) She was just coming from the passport office where she had gone to pick up her new passport. The challenge now is the old passport expires today and the visa fee is tied to it. I don't know if I should blame the teller who should have advised her that the said passport expires in a few days and may not be used.
What do you advise we do as she wants to book her appointment at the Embassy. Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 4:56pm On Nov 22, 2021
trav:
Good day guys,
Please I need some advise here. My elderly aunt went to pay her US visa fee at GT Bank and mistaken gave the teller her old passport expiring today. Funnily (not funny though) She was just coming from the passport office where she had gone to pick up her new passport. The challenge now is the old passport expires today and the visa fee is tied to it. I don't know if I should blame the teller who should have advised her that the said passport expires in a few days and may not be used.
What do you advise we do as she wants to book her appointment at the Embassy. Thanks.

Why will you and your Aunt ever think of passing any blame on the teller?

Please don't hassle someone unjustly for your Aunt's mistake and lack of attention to details.

Instead of looking for scapegoat, why not explore sending an email to the embassy in order to find actual solutions.

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 7:56pm On Nov 22, 2021
trav:
Good day guys,

Boss It is not the teller's fault. Your aunt should have given her the new passport, I guess it escaped her mind as well. You can email the embassy and tell them to rectify the issue or call them (even though it might take time for them to answer).

What if you had paid online who would you have blamed?

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by morganchimex: 9:19pm On Nov 22, 2021
That's not a problem. Go ahead and complete her DS160 and book an appointment for her using the already issued visa fee reciept. The visa fee receipt will work for her irrespective of the passport Number as far as the name on the reciept is the same. I have used a visa fee reciept paid with my old passport to renew my visa.

trav:
Good day guys,

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 9:58pm On Nov 22, 2021
morganchimex:
That's not a problem. Go ahead and complete her DS160 and book an appointment for her using the already issued visa fee reciept. The visa fee receipt will work for her irrespective of the passport Number as far as the name on the reciept is the same. I have used a visa fee reciept paid with my old passport to renew my visa.

@trav
This guy is 100% correct
Follow his advice

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Omowon1: 12:12am On Nov 23, 2021
[quote author=njidekachi post=107636663]u can dm me if interested for April Abuja

@njidekachi, I tried to DM you concerning this. Kindly reply, thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by overlord77: 6:45am On Nov 23, 2021
Enimase:

Yea very important and she wants me to be there thanks....

Despite all the numerous advices here, you are still sticking to una usual "what God cannot do does not exist". God is no magician you call up whenever you need Him to work for you.
How can you not understand that your "cousins sister" is also your cousin? shocked

Anyway, good luck

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Bame: 8:03am On Nov 23, 2021
Just incase you get any info, please reach out ASAP. Gracias!.
coopfortune:

thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by trav(m): 8:48am On Nov 23, 2021
fkj950ax:

Why will you and your Aunt ever think of passing any blame on the teller?

Please don't hassle someone unjustly for your Aunt's mistake and lack of attention to details.

Instead of looking for scapegoat, why not explore sending an email to the embassy in order to find actual solutions.

Thanks fkj950 for your suggestion but I think you can still make it without the insult. I knew there would be a solution though not sure exactly what it would be and that's why I posted it here.
I actually got the details of the story wrong and It is actually the tellers fault. She did give the teller her new passport but the teller used the old passport number which is directly below the new passport number and above the NIN number. For a lady of over 75 and believing the guy had done his job she left.
Anyways thanks for the suggestion to call the embassy.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by trav(m): 8:49am On Nov 23, 2021
morganchimex:

Thank you. I appreciate.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Enimase: 2:24pm On Nov 23, 2021
overlord77:

Despite all the numerous advices here, you are still sticking to una usual "what God cannot do does not exist". God is no magician you call up whenever you need Him to work for you.
How can you not understand that your "cousins sister" is also your cousin? shocked

Anyway, good luck
Well is it bad as I asked what I don’t understand please?and if you read properly where I said I will apply visit and will still make it known to the VO pull it out too that I would attending my cousin graduation ceremony too so no big deal.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by twizzie: 1:46pm On Nov 24, 2021
Hi guys
Trying to book a family appointment but not going past the add details for dependent stage.
Is it that this is no longer possible and the applicants will have to book interviews separately please?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sappy1981: 4:03pm On Nov 24, 2021
I suggest you write to the embassy and inform them of the error. In the event you do not get any response within 5 working days, call the Embassy helpline for further assistance.

Regards,

travel:
Good day guys,
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ifedolarpo(f): 5:57pm On Nov 24, 2021
Please I need it
njidekachi:
if u need early 2022 appointment date, pls hook up with me asap
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by blossom101: 10:44am On Nov 25, 2021
Good morning guys,
Please I need your opinion on this; my 2 boys are U.S citizen and we are planning on vacation next year with hubby.
We want to go to the embassy with them cos my first is 4 and the other 2 by next year.

Are we going to fill a ds-160 form and add them to our appointment booking or will they let them come in with us during interview? Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (452)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.