Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,099 members, 7,970,374 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 07:53 AM

Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion (29638 Views)

Why Some Nigerian Men Are Not Biological Fathers Of Their Children – Psychologis / This Is What A Loving Family Looks Like. / Do Women Really Love Their Children More Than Their Husbands? And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by kingspark72(m): 12:19pm On Apr 22, 2020
The samething happened in my family. My Dad loved my brothers more to me. Because he thinks all of them behaves like him. But me, I have my own life style and do things in different way. But the truth of the matter is! I'm more intelligent to all my siblings.
Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by jeph19(m): 12:47pm On Apr 22, 2020
slashthroat:

Awww i pray your relationship with her gets better.
I hope so
Thanks
Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by HNN04: 1:00pm On Apr 22, 2020
It is very wrong to love one child more than others, to avoid future problem, I rest my case!!! cheesy
Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by smokey12345: 1:47pm On Apr 22, 2020
We know its not good but there is no how you wont love someone more, even as siblings, even if you give birth to identical twins it will happen like that.
Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by Roseey0(f): 1:59pm On Apr 22, 2020
Being daddy's favourite comes with its ups and down.

I think parents should apply diplomacy to avoid siblings envy.
Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by Richie77: 4:30pm On Apr 22, 2020
it's a natural thing .
Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by Gosanzy: 4:38pm On Apr 22, 2020
Please take easy my dear, let forgiveness rule your world, so that you can be free with her.
Mine loved elder sister more but cared for all,so we didn't have any reason to feel bad rather we ended up loving her the way mum loved her..

Mum never loved me when I was growing up... Because she was forced to marry my dad, it got to a point I had to run away from home.
She was always supporting my step brother ; though younger... Now I'm 26 and I still remember how she'd flog me and shut me up when I try correcting my younger brother.

Last Christmas, I went to get her wrapper immediately I got to the shop to buy the wrapper, I remembered my childhood in a flash and left the shop without buying her anything.

I can buy things for siblings, and nephew but when I intend getting her something, I just get cold and end up not buying her anything.
Though we're cordial but there's no passion in buying her gift

She promised to buy me calculation in chemistry when I was in SS2 and till date (500level) she didn't...till now, i still remember her unfulfilled promises to me. [/quote]
Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by Nobody: 5:07pm On Apr 22, 2020
vickydankal:
Life events, child character etc could make a parent love a child more than another, but maturity demands you love them equally and give them equal right that they won’t notice who is more loved.

Else you will create a problem for yourself and the children in the future: my daddy didn’t show me love because I am a female. Abandoned us at the hospital, never allowed me in his car, didn’t pay my school fees etc until he died I can’t tell if I ever had a father .

Jesus Christ! Sorry o.

1 Like

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 22, 2020
Favy1235:
Here my mum likes my 3rd sister more no matter how much she tries to hide it it always shows.
To her she is always right

Lol!
Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by Nobody: 5:37pm On Apr 22, 2020
Anastescia001:
It is natural, I have a brother and four sisters. I am the last child... seriously it hasn't been easy at all because my parents loves and cherish my brother too much. We the girls are denied some things because of him, he does practically nothing at home. He finished school and my dad wanted to send him abroad immediately but he didn't agree so my mother's business was handed to him.
My sisters and I was never allowed to study the course of our choice because my dad doesn't want us to go far, my brother is the only one that studied what he wants and my dad pushed him with his money. We are well to do and comfortable but my dad said we girls are not meant to partake in his wealth because it is all for my brother.
Sincerely I hate my parents for making me and my sisters lives miserable, making their hatred for us so obvious. We are not even allowed to make or have friends, I appreciate the fact that they at least feed us but it's not enough. My dad said he will disown me because of my jupeb school fees is much, so I do some jobs around school to support myself because I stopped calling him for money a long time ago.. sometimes I wish I was born a boy.....

That's too harsh. Sorry baby.

1 Like

Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by Nobody: 5:48pm On Apr 22, 2020
Keji1012:
The fact remains that i did everything for my mum yo make her happy but she loves my younger brother than i am... This started right from childhood even everyone knows. She loves my brother and his fiancee that lives with her to a fault but my younger brother isn't in Nigeria.

Since i wasn't loved or given the kinda respect and attention i deserved, i move away from home and travelled 9 hours away from them to start a new life.. She do calls but i mostly doesn't pick my mum's phone cos there is no connectivity among us and no love. Even me and my younger brother ain't close and we are just two from my mum and me being the eldest..

I don't think i can ever like my mum for the part she played in favourism..

Sorry about that bro.
Re: Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion by Keji1012(m): 7:40pm On Apr 22, 2020
iSlayer2:

Sorry about that bro.

I learnt my lessons though

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Father, Two Daughters Die In Lagos Explosion (photos) / Sex Denial Threatens 6-year-old Marriage In Lagos / Surrogacy: Grandmother, 56 Gives Birth To Her Son And Daughter-In-law’s Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.