Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,328 members, 7,888,044 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:08 PM

COVID-19: Lagos Discharges 9 More Patients. Total Discharged In Lagos Now 107 - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Lagos Discharges 9 More Patients. Total Discharged In Lagos Now 107 (19595 Views)

COVID-19: Patients Getting Remdesivir Recovering Quickly, Discharged In Days / Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos / 3 Suspected Coronavirus Patients Discharged In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Discharges 9 More Patients. Total Discharged In Lagos Now 107 by omonnakoda: 7:13pm On Apr 21, 2020
Cammo:

Sorry, permit me to ask just this final question. By viral load and content do you mean the amount of virus contracted differs from one individual to another? I never thought that could also be a factor.
Thanks.
There is a difference between INFECTIVE DOSE or MINIMAL INFECTIVE DOSE and VIRAL LOAD

The former is the minimum number of viral particles that would cause an infection (positive test)

The latter refers to the number of viruses in an individual after infection and viral reproduction.
The viral load varies from person to person for various reasons.
Higher loads would likely mean higher infectiousness

The load is usually at the back of the throat where the virus reproduces

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Discharges 9 More Patients. Total Discharged In Lagos Now 107 by SEYIOKE: 7:25pm On Apr 21, 2020
Lanrelagboi:

https://twitter.com/Mr_JAGss/status/1252638522386808833?s=19
Why is it that some people are saying there's no cure yet? I don't understand.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Discharges 9 More Patients. Total Discharged In Lagos Now 107 by FlyingTOMATOE: 7:32pm On Apr 21, 2020
Waterypussy2:
More will be added this night
your moniker sef e get as e be
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Discharges 9 More Patients. Total Discharged In Lagos Now 107 by DatAbujaBoy: 7:39pm On Apr 21, 2020
I beg lagos keep clean sheet tonight
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Discharges 9 More Patients. Total Discharged In Lagos Now 107 by Kinematics: 7:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
omonnakoda:
I think we need to give kudos to Lagos state.

I think if coronavirus had first emerged in any other state the story by now would be very different

It's what you think, so let's leave it at that.

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Discharges 9 More Patients. Total Discharged In Lagos Now 107 by omonnakoda: 7:44pm On Apr 21, 2020
Kinematics:

It's what you think, so let's leave it at that.
So I would come to Nairaland to say what YOU think ?
If I don't say what I think am I supposed to say what your family thinks?

If you don't have anything sensible to add must you quote me?
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Discharges 9 More Patients. Total Discharged In Lagos Now 107 by Kinematics: 7:48pm On Apr 21, 2020
omonnakoda:

So I would come to Nairaland to say what YOU think ?
If I don't say what I think am I supposed to say what your family thinks?

If you don't have anything sensible to add must you quote me?

Any state with 10 billion naira palliative from FG and help from WHO/China will do well.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Discharges 9 More Patients. Total Discharged In Lagos Now 107 by Ambber(f): 7:51pm On Apr 21, 2020
frankblinkz:
I don't understand all this discharge something ooo...were they tested positive initially and cured totally to be discharged..
like they are negative now,I really want to know ooo
if yes.whats the cure?
Their systems fought the disease and overcame. They give them medications to help them cope and not to cure them
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Discharges 9 More Patients. Total Discharged In Lagos Now 107 by porthouse7(f): 7:53pm On Apr 21, 2020
ipobarethieves:
Provide ur name;phone number and address I dey wait ooo
give if u can don't ridicule anybody country hard
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Discharges 9 More Patients. Total Discharged In Lagos Now 107 by omonnakoda: 7:56pm On Apr 21, 2020
Kinematics:

Any state with 10 billion naira palliative from FG and help from WHO/China will do well.

Maybe but Lagos state budget is 1200 billion

I do not think 10 billion naira is as big a deal to Lagos state as it would be to Ekiti

Crucially Lagos state has the personnel who have significant learnings from the Ebola outbreak a few years ago in terms of contact tracing, quarantine etc.-
They are trained,drilled and ready to go in situations like this
I don't know what you mean by WHO/Chinese help?
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Discharges 9 More Patients. Total Discharged In Lagos Now 107 by ipobarethieves: 7:58pm On Apr 21, 2020
porthouse7:
give if u can don't ridicule anybody country hard
undecidedAre u d person behind d moniker?I dnt giv ghost my money.Provide ur name,phone number .How is dat difficult to do
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Discharges 9 More Patients. Total Discharged In Lagos Now 107 by Kinematics: 8:02pm On Apr 21, 2020
omonnakoda:

Maybe but Lagos state budget is 1200 billion

I do not think 10 billion naira is as big a deal to Lagos state as it would be to Ekiti

Crucially Lagos state has the personnel who have significant learnings from the Ebola outbreak a few years ago in terms of contact tracing, quarantine etc.-

I don't know what you mean by WHO/Chinese help?

Then they shouldn't have applied for it.
Which personnel? In this same health system we are all in? Please tell me something new.

Your last question shows you are not in the know of what's going on in the fight against COVID-19.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Discharges 9 More Patients. Total Discharged In Lagos Now 107 by omonnakoda: 8:10pm On Apr 21, 2020
Kinematics:

Then they shouldn't have applied for it.
Which personnel? In this same health system we are all in? Please tell me something new.

Your last question shows you are not in the know of what's going on in the fight against COVID-19.
I can see I am wasting my time here.
Lagos state applied for it?

Please tell us MrIntheknow of help from WHO that was designated for Lagos state ONLY.
Please I beg you just go away and stop quoting me, there is zero prospect of intellectual commerce
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Discharges 9 More Patients. Total Discharged In Lagos Now 107 by femi4: 8:26pm On Apr 21, 2020
azraeljaheel:
Lord please help us...

Rate of people companies will lay off this year eh... Na just God go safe people

Wearing mask to give speech... Over do no go kill us for naija

buy tv and watch cnn...you no go gree.....you lack exposure
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Discharges 9 More Patients. Total Discharged In Lagos Now 107 by Susu888(m): 8:35pm On Apr 21, 2020
Well its a start... at least we better than the situation of Egypt and south Africa cheesy
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Discharges 9 More Patients. Total Discharged In Lagos Now 107 by Kinematics: 8:37pm On Apr 21, 2020
omonnakoda:

I can see I am wasting my time here.
Lagos state applied for it?

Please tell us MrIntheknow of help from WHO that was designated for Lagos state ONLY.
Please I beg you just go away and stop quoting me, there is zero prospect of intellectual commerce

So you think FG is father Christmas?
Go and learn the aid WHO gives to countries especially africa and south/south east asia.
Go learn what goes into the fight against coronavirus(as well as other epidemics and pandemics) in the epicentres of every country.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Discharges 9 More Patients. Total Discharged In Lagos Now 107 by omonnakoda: 8:40pm On Apr 21, 2020
Kinematics:

So you think FG is father Christmas?
Go and learn the aid WHO gives to countries especially africa and south/south east asia.
Go learn what goes into the fight against coronavirus in the epicentres of every country.

Go and look for your mates to argue with ,goodnight
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Discharges 9 More Patients. Total Discharged In Lagos Now 107 by Kinematics: 8:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
omonnakoda:

Go and look for your mates to argue with ,goodnight

It's not an argument. I'm only educating you on what you dont know.
Well good night.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Discharges 9 More Patients. Total Discharged In Lagos Now 107 by omonnakoda: 8:43pm On Apr 21, 2020
Kinematics:

It's not an argument. I'm only educating you on what you dont know.
Well good night.
Go and educate your family
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Discharges 9 More Patients. Total Discharged In Lagos Now 107 by Kinematics: 8:44pm On Apr 21, 2020
omonnakoda:

Go and educate your family

Next time you wont make ignorant statements/comments in public space.

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Discharges 9 More Patients. Total Discharged In Lagos Now 107 by Blazebond(m): 8:48pm On Apr 21, 2020
Na so so discharge Una dey discharge these days o,hope say nor be malaria + typhoid fever Una testing machine dey misread to be covid-19 o,because nothing hard Una do for this naija o.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Discharges 9 More Patients. Total Discharged In Lagos Now 107 by eaglez(m): 8:51pm On Apr 21, 2020
azraeljaheel:
Lord please help us...

Rate of people companies will lay off this year eh... Na just God go safe people

Wearing mask to give speech... Over do no go kill us for naija

Y will they lay off, the best every company will do is to call its staff and tell them in a subtle way that all staff have gone on their annual leave, and if the salary is the issue, they should fanthom a way reaching an understanding with the workers to spread this month's pay for those that don't have the capacity to pay.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Discharges 9 More Patients. Total Discharged In Lagos Now 107 by eaglez(m): 9:04pm On Apr 21, 2020
adewumiopeyemi:
so much company will lay of there staff this year corona stuff
this is where the government comes in, same government certifies that the victims are free from the virus and as such a strong legislation should be put in place that no company/establishment/places of worship/places if abode should stigmatize or fire any of the recovered patients if they are into corporate organisations, anyone found doing that will be dealt with by the law, if there is a quarantine law, there should be a law against stigmatization.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Discharges 9 More Patients. Total Discharged In Lagos Now 107 by eaglez(m): 9:09pm On Apr 21, 2020
emeernest:
I'll only rejoice when number discharged daily exceeds number confirmed positive daily.
hopefully too but different persons have different recovery rate and your immune system does that for you.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Discharges 9 More Patients. Total Discharged In Lagos Now 107 by eaglez(m): 9:13pm On Apr 21, 2020
Please let us all work on boosting our immunities . Big thanks to Iamgratefullord.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Discharges 9 More Patients. Total Discharged In Lagos Now 107 by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 21, 2020
Waterypussy2:
More will be added this night
Ipob
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Discharges 9 More Patients. Total Discharged In Lagos Now 107 by eneyoduke(m): 9:55pm On Apr 21, 2020
Obanikoro cannot kill in Nigeria by corona do grin cool
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Discharges 9 More Patients. Total Discharged In Lagos Now 107 by Magjoel(m): 11:10pm On Apr 21, 2020
frankblinkz:
I don't understand all this discharge something ooo...were they tested positive initially and cured totally to be discharged..
like they are negative now,I really want to know ooo
if yes.whats the cure?
First of all you need to understand that corona virus cannot survive for many days in the human body, when one get infected with the virus, it is dependent on the immune system of the person whether the virus will kill him/her or will die off after staying many days. As it stand now, there is no cure but the virus cannot survive for long.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Discharges 9 More Patients. Total Discharged In Lagos Now 107 by porthouse7(f): 11:45pm On Apr 21, 2020
ipobarethieves:
undecidedAre u d person behind d moniker?I dnt giv ghost my money.Provide ur name,phone number .How is dat difficult to do
I don't beg for money I give out, I was in agility yesterday giving out foods to lagosian, if need I will send videos and pics
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Discharges 9 More Patients. Total Discharged In Lagos Now 107 by Cammo: 12:24am On Apr 22, 2020
omonnakoda:

There is a difference between INFECTIVE DOSE or MINIMAL INFECTIVE DOSE and VIRAL LOAD

The former is the minimum number of viral particles that would cause an infection (positive test)

The latter refers to the number of viruses in an individual after infection and viral reproduction.
The viral load varies from person to person for various reasons.
Higher loads would likely mean higher infectiousness

The load is usually at the back of the throat where the virus reproduces
Wow! I'm learning. Thanks a lot.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Discharges 9 More Patients. Total Discharged In Lagos Now 107 by Waterypussy2(m): 5:28am On Apr 22, 2020
bamidelee:

Ipob
Well they have increased it, sure you can go and die in peace now lol
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Discharges 9 More Patients. Total Discharged In Lagos Now 107 by Nobody: 6:49am On Apr 22, 2020
Waterypussy2:
Well they have increased it, sure you can go and die in peace now lol
I read the messer kanu died yesterday, yes or no?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How A Bulky Uterus Affects Your Chances Of Having A Baby / Woman Who Labor For 34hrs Finally Gives Birth, Shares Adorable Photos / USAID And Coca-cola Foundation Commission Water Projects In Abia And Cross River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.