Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,099 members, 7,903,576 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 04:08 PM

‘Brazilian Ronaldo Better Than Portuguese Ronaldo’ – Ex-inter Star Vieri - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ‘Brazilian Ronaldo Better Than Portuguese Ronaldo’ – Ex-inter Star Vieri (557 Views)

Ronaldo Better Than Messi But I’m Greatest Player Ever - Pele / Ronaldo's WAGS - 30 Sexiest And Hottest Cristiano Ronaldo's Ex-girlfriends / Inside Nike's Huge Boot Launch: Neymar, Alexis Sanchez And Brazilian Ronaldo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘Brazilian Ronaldo Better Than Portuguese Ronaldo’ – Ex-inter Star Vieri by Aldebaran(m): 10:36pm On Apr 21, 2020
A man who once played alongside a South American superstar in Italy believes he remains a better frontman than a modern day icon at Juventus.

Ronaldo is better than his namesake Cristiano Ronaldo, says Christian Vieri, with the former Inter striker considered to be a more fearsome frontman than the Juventus goalscoring machine.

There is clearly something in that particular moniker when it comes to the art of finding the target, with two eras having been dominated by superstars with that name splashed across their back.

Through the late 1990s and early 21st century, the Brazilian two-time World Cup winner redefined the art of hitting the back of the net across spells at PSV, Barcelona, Inter and Real Madrid.

He has been joined on that roll of honour by the Portuguese Ronaldo, who has also taken to re-writing the record books. A five-time Ballon d’Or winner has excelled across stints with Manchester United, Real Madrid and Juventus, with his exploits raising the bar of individual brilliance even higher.

Vieri, though, still ranks R9 over CR7, with the ex-Italy international having once formed a devastating partnership with the former at San Siro.

https://www.goal.com/en-ie/amp/news/brazilian-ronaldo-better-portuguese-r9-cr7-vieri/1g5bd028r49b11px2oazitdcl9
Re: ‘Brazilian Ronaldo Better Than Portuguese Ronaldo’ – Ex-inter Star Vieri by Aldebaran(m): 10:36pm On Apr 21, 2020
Asked to make his pick by the Daily Mail, Vieri said: “I am a friend of Ronnie and I was lucky enough to have him as a striker with me. He had it all. He was explosive, powerful and fast. He looked like a dancer, he seemed to dance with the ball.

“I say that Brazilian Ronaldo is better than Cristiano Ronaldo.

“CR7 is a war machine, he is admirable for everything he does and for all the things he continues to do. Cristiano can play up to 40 years with a cigarette between his lips, as they say in Italy. He has a sculptural physique.”

Vieri enjoyed the most productive period of his career while on the books at Inter, plundering 202 goals, but considers coaches he worked with at Juventus and with the Italian national side to be the finest he played under.

“At Juventus I say Marcelo Lippi, he was like a second father,” said a man who earned 49 caps for his country. “In Turin's youth teams I was coached by the great [Rosario] Rampanti, then by [Emiliano] Mondonico.

“I also have to say Cesare Maldini, he helped me break into the national team. He was a magnificent person who trusted young people.”

Yes, I agree with Vieri .

Do you agree with Vieri?

Re: ‘Brazilian Ronaldo Better Than Portuguese Ronaldo’ – Ex-inter Star Vieri by Ussycool: 10:53pm On Apr 21, 2020
That is his choice... You can also make your desire, and that doesn't give a Bleep.
I may choose Asensio ahead of them, not because he is the all time best player.
We all have choices.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Brazilian Ronaldo Better Than Portuguese Ronaldo’ – Ex-inter Star Vieri by aadoiza: 6:39am On Apr 22, 2020
Of course na. Original is always better than fake.

1 Like

Re: ‘Brazilian Ronaldo Better Than Portuguese Ronaldo’ – Ex-inter Star Vieri by Jokerman(m): 6:41am On Apr 22, 2020
Lol...
Cr7 that has broken all R9 records grin

(1) (Reply)

(Pics) Ansu Fati Becomes Youngest Player To Be Sent Off In Laliga History / Victor Osimhen Celebrate His First Goal For Napoli With #endsars Shirt. / Premier League Table: See EPL Table After Matchday 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.