Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,015 members, 7,939,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 06:17 PM

Tips For Branding Yourself In The Nigerian Music Industry… #firebrandtips - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Tips For Branding Yourself In The Nigerian Music Industry… #firebrandtips (200 Views)

The Nigerian Music Industry Is Heavily Funded By Yahoo Boys- Iamsynord / 9 Nigerian Music Influenced Slangs And Their Meanings / Biggest Moments In Nigerian Music Industry In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tips For Branding Yourself In The Nigerian Music Industry… #firebrandtips by Covetedjerrycan(m): 3:52pm On Apr 22, 2020
IF YOU WANT TO SUCCEED AND MAKE IT BIG IN THE NIGERIAN ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY, YOU MUST READ THIS!!! (Part 1).

Tips for Branding Yourself in the Music Biz…

Making it Big in the Nigerian Music Industry requires more than just talent, good looks and good music. In order to stand out in a competitive field that is constantly evolving, thanks to the likes of Wizkid, Davido, Joeboy, Rema, Fireboy DML, Peruzzi, Tiwa Savage, Yemi Alade, Teni and the Living Legend 2BABA, you must work very hard at defining your personal brand. With this piece, I dive deep and explore what a personal brand is, and how to cultivate your own.

[b]WHAT IS MUSIC BRANDING?[/b]

In today’s music industry, branding can play a major role in a musician’s success than the music they create. It can also be the difference between you succeeding big time or failing big time in the game. Musicians are not merely selling their music; they’re selling an image, an experience, and a message that defines them.

Music branding is a powerful marketing tool for creative musicians. It’s the reflection of their overall message, identity, personality, style, values, beliefs, ambitions, and music. In other words, branding is everything that helps people identify and experience your unique brand.

Music branding also includes the marketing and communication strategies that differentiate you from other musicians. Moreover, it aims to create a consistent experience which leaves a lasting impression and builds a loyal following of fans. The key components of music branding include brand identity, brand communication, brand aesthetic, brand awareness, brand loyalty, and various other strategies.

Your brand will also influence your music career decisions. For example, it will guide your marketing and messaging strategies. It will also affect the way you present yourself in person and online, how you interact with fans, the imagery you choose, and more. Your brand reflects your story as much as your music!

HOW TO BRAND YOURSELF

Defining your brand and developing a brand strategy can be difficult, but don’t worry, I am here to help. Here are some helpful music branding tips, techniques and thought exercises to help identify your brand.[img][/img]

1. BE YOURSELF
Yes, this is a cliché. However, never forget your music tells the story of your life, connects people, and expresses your vision. It’s also crucial your brand does the same. Your logo, cover art, messaging, social media presence and other branding elements provide a unique perspective of your brand and a visual representation of your music. No one else has a sound like yours, and this should be true for your brand.

Also, do not fake this process. The music industry can see and perceive inauthenticity from a mile away, and being inauthentic will damage your momentum. It’s vital to show your true colors, and in return, your fans will love you for it. And if you’re struggling to come up with ideas, think about what describes your style, inspires you, and sets you apart. What will make a memorable impression?

2. WHAT’S YOUR MESSAGE?

Some of the greatest musicians during the past century spread powerful messages that extended further than phenomenal music. By being an advocate for something you believe in, you can grow both awareness for the issues and the size of your fanbase. Why are some musicians more innovative, influential, and profitable than others? To begin creating a brand message, you must first understand your own core beliefs and message.

Simon Sinek, author of “Start with Why,” does an excellent job of diving into this concept. He explains that most businesses only communicate what they do. But the most successful ones communicate why they’re doing it instead.

The Big Question is this…. WHY ARE YOU DOING MUSIC TODAY, WHAT’S YOUR MESSAGE…, please don’t tell me that I have a passion for it or people tell me that I can sing… it has to be Bigger than that.

Knowing “why” will help you connect with your fans and develop your brand to a level you never thought possible. Start by finding a unique and memorable message that like-minded people can connect with and recognize. FIND YOUR TRIBE. And let your music cater to them. You are not called to lead everyone; YOU ARE CALLED TO LEAD YOUR TRIBE.

My name is jerry, and I am just here to help….

Jerrycan is the Host of The Bigbeats Drivetime Show on Familylove 97.7fm in the Garden City of Port Harcourt. A Music Business Consultant, Coach and a Coveted Master of Ceremony. He is available for private consultations on promoting and music marketing. You can reach me directly
Instagram; iam_jerrycan⁣⁣
Twitter; iam_jerrycan
Facebook; Jerry Orduh⁣⁣
Chat Me on Whatsapp:- 08068835205⁣⁣
Email Me:- jerryboyfriend@gmail.com⁣

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Hilarious Corona-virus Anthem / Femi Blend - Dimple Baby / Need Em Am Selling Em

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.