Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,168 members, 7,943,235 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 09:34 AM

List Of Top 10 Most Influential Africans - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / List Of Top 10 Most Influential Africans (498 Views)

10 Most Influential People Of All Time / Wizkid Among 21 Nigerians Named In 100 Most Influential Africans Of 2017 / Toke Makinwa Is One Of The 100 Most Influential Africans 2017 (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Top 10 Most Influential Africans by KenyanBlogger(m): 9:18pm On Apr 22, 2020
Africa has, in recent times, become one of the continents to reckon with in all aspects or fields of human endeavors.

On the lead, it is definitely Nigeria, who has produced different talents representing it well in diaspora and in the country.

According to theafricareport.com, there is a created list of top 100 influential Africans of which my focus in this article is just 10.

The 10 most influential Africans list cut across Nigeria, South Africa, Cote d'Ivoire and Ethiopia.

Please permit me to make the list exhaustive and detailing what each of these ten Africans did and how they have made impact in their own way. There is a particular order of influence. Of course, you came here to read about the position of Davido in the list. What I say now is, stay tuned and relaxed. We are almost there!

And this is the list of 10 influential Africans according to their order of influence:

1. Aliko Dangote

Yes, he has maintained that record of being the richest man in Africa for quite some years now. Though the global economic trends has affected him one way or the other, his wealth still remains stable.

Dangote is reputable for diversity. He is into many things. The latest of which is an ambitious $10.5 billion oil refinery, which after completion, will be Africa's largest. Now that is truly amazing.

2. Elon Musk

South Africa is the origin of this renown man. He made his name in software at first, before going into many other things he is known for today.

I am very sure many of you may think he is an American. No he is not. He is actually a migrant.

With his ideas, he is giving the world something to think about. If you know Tesla motors, or if you are aware of SpaceX, then they are all pointing to one man, Elon Musk. He is a man of impact no doubt.

3. Koo's Bekker

Also from South Africa too and known to have a rapidly growing shares in a company. He could have been paid salary in the company, but he instead chose stock options. The wisdom made him have leverage at Naspers. Now Naspers owns 31% of Tencent, a Chinese company.

4. Chimamanda Adichie

A Nigerian. Some of you may be surprised she is on the list at number 4, but I tell you, she worked for it.

She has engaged audiences with her impressive writings which borders on many topics as racism, sexism and even the human condition. If you know the book, "Purple Hibiscus", then you can be familiar with what I am saying here.

5. Mic Wrecker

This man is also from South Africa. He never stop challenging the views of the world, especially as can be seen when critiquing the presidency of Donald Trump. He was in a way, responsible for teaching some Americans that Africa is not a country.

6. Tidjane Thiam

You can call this individual the master strategist. These Ivorian CEO was responsible for the turnaround of Credit Suisse, this he started from 2016.

7. Davido

This is the one you have been waiting for.

If it is riches, he has it. He was born to a rich family and has leveraged on that so well to make his impact in the world of music and to some extent, politics.

In 2019 election, he used his influence for the PDP's presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.

Davido extend his influence beyond Africa by selling out O2 Arena in London, with many people pushing to see him perform on stage. It is only a man of influence that can do that.

8. Enoch Adeboye

A Nigerian pastor. He is known to be the leader of the Redeemed Christian Church of God. Aside that, he is also seen by many as the spiritual father of Nigeria's Vice president, the person of VP Yemi Osinbanjo.

9. Kumi Naidoo

You can call him a crime fighter. Naidoo has many interesting profiles. One of which is his activity in the Apartheid that took place in South Africa.

Whether you know or not, Naidoo is a symbol of the new amnesty era.

10. Abiy Ahmed

Last but not the least. He became a prime minister in 2018. He is an Ethiopian. He occupied the office after the resignation of Hailemariam Desalegn. Within a space of 11 months, Eritrea and Ethiopia has made peace. Only a man of influence can do that.

Okay, okay. That is it. I hope you enjoyed the piece. Stay tuned as I write more interesting articles for your reading pleasures subsequently.

1 Like

Re: List Of Top 10 Most Influential Africans by ComradeShegs(m): 9:18pm On Apr 22, 2020
Re: List Of Top 10 Most Influential Africans by Fortune118005(m): 9:28pm On Apr 22, 2020
Hmm
Let me wait 4 other comments shocked
Re: List Of Top 10 Most Influential Africans by Arkmanbuddy(m): 8:52am On Apr 23, 2020
I don't think David merits being on the list. There are many Africans who far merit the position. Just my opinion.
Re: List Of Top 10 Most Influential Africans by Tookool(m): 9:01am On Apr 23, 2020
I didn't see my guy .....RealFrankie
The guy is influential too

1 Like

Re: List Of Top 10 Most Influential Africans by Realfrankie(m): 9:49am On Apr 23, 2020
Tookool:
I didn't see my guy .....RealFrankie
The guy is influential too

Gbas gbos grin

(1) (Reply)

Naijas last Teen Virgin Clocks 20 / Pastor Odumeje Indaboski Dancing Micheal Jackson Dance Inside Church / It Requires More Than Music To Make Things Better In Nigeria-wizkid To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.