Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,098 members, 7,977,178 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 09:18 PM

91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths (88096 Views)

108 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 981, 197 Discharged, 31 Deaths / 117 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 782. 197 Discharged. 25 Deaths / 40 Persons Infected As NCDC Confirms 4 New Coronavirus Cases (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by jaxxy(m): 7:00am On Apr 23, 2020
Investnow2017:

The report I read says it is mainly from contact tracing although of the 800 plus, about 203 are from unknown source, that is NCDC and the infected ones do not know how they got the infection.

While Delta is looking for 140 persons of interested who had contacted the 6 already recorded, Edo is looking for about 135 persons.

Thank you very much for the info. How did u get it pls?
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by Skmoda360(m): 7:01am On Apr 23, 2020
u11ae1013:
I think it would be foolish to declare another lockdown, if truly the virus passes through the face then face mask should be made compulsory and let us revive our economy because if we don't, then the number will keep increasing and the recession will take centuries for us to recover
Let everybody be wearing face mask jawre.....we don't want lockdown after this.....account don dey red oooo undecided
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:02am On Apr 23, 2020
Avalancheman:

Considering our population, how long the virus has been in the country (January/February) & what has been happening abroad, I want to authoritatively declare that God has been so good to us .

Coronavirus is NOT for Africa!

If US, Spain, Italy & Co had only 28 deaths after 60days of the virus, we won't be having this noise all over the place. And there will be no lockdown.

Smart man

1 Like

Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by kushe: 7:03am On Apr 23, 2020
Buhari in my opinion is not culpable in most of these.He has done his bit,but he is no wartime general like Churchill or Eisenhower.

Online scammers dey multiply pass Covid ooo.Be wise with your money.Every Tom,Dick and Harry is now an online guru.SMH.
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by kponkedenge(m): 7:03am On Apr 23, 2020
McCoy662:
Make I go sleep. I've seen what I was waiting for.

You try. Me I go sleep....na this morning I check am. I no want anything wey go disturb my sleep.
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by DAVE5(m): 7:14am On Apr 23, 2020
emmadejust:
Its now ncdc start work, more works need to be done to eliminate this virus from Nigeria, many African nation are waiting for us to help them, our quick arrest of this will determine

Wait ohh, you say many African nations are waiting for us to help them

US or us

Please clarify because if it's us(as in we Nigerians), then I must be missing something

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by Joefat: 7:17am On Apr 23, 2020
imagine absent of Kano now. Only God knows their daily total cases now.
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by YeribanzavsAfon: 7:17am On Apr 23, 2020
I thought some fools were here jumping and praising the Lagos state Government because there were no new cases recorded for few weeks but now Caterpillar don jam Keke, 70 something new cases in a flash hehehehe.. yorubas are fools, they are just looking for opportunity to claim they are the ones that nailed Coronavirus and not the Federal Government, now you can deal with your Corona virus and leave the Federal Government alone since you give glory to Lagos state Government only. Nitwits now is just morning....
When Jonathan defeated Ebola you people said it was Lagos state Government and not Jonathan so now where is that Lagos state Government oya dem don handicap?? they need to conquer this one too oo grin grin grin..

1 Like

Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by seeker121(m): 7:25am On Apr 23, 2020
Don't in anyway doubt the reality of Coronavirus but here in Nigeria it has been politicise and audio.

Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by riczy(m): 7:25am On Apr 23, 2020
I told a lady dt I saw *real* hunger after d lockdown, she called me names, Wer are we today? D more d number soars d more d lockdown thus hardship! Lord pls here d prayer of d saint. Jeremiah 32:17
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by DAVE5(m): 7:33am On Apr 23, 2020
Babythicksme17:
28 death?oh lawd!this shiit keep increasing daily,God protect my love ones and have mercy on Nigeria.

If this spread like fire,our government won't be able to handle it compare to other countries.

You speak as though those other countries where it has gotten out of hand have been able to handle it

US, Italy and Co and suffering seriously from the dreaded virus, we hope God makes a way soon for humanity soon

Like someone said, if it's doesn't disappear everywhere, then it's still everywhere, not partial disappearance
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by Investnow2017: 7:37am On Apr 23, 2020
Moralgladiator:
The issue is this, the virus is spread in geometric progression while the cure comes in arithmetic progression. So it means there will always remain a huge deficit of uncured patients which is the albatross of even developed nations not to now imagine an undeveloped Nigeria.

Brilliant comment. That is the point a whole lot of folks are missing. Sad.

If our health infrastructure gets overwhelmed, the story will be uglier than what we see happen to developed countries. That is what every nation is battling to avoid. Each time I hear someone say the fatality rate is insignificant, I just laugh I know the person is not getting it.

Did I read yesterday that some patients are now being turned back from hospital in Kano yesterday! I am keenly watching the space.

2 Likes

Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by DAVE5(m): 7:40am On Apr 23, 2020
YeribanzavsAfon:
I thought some fools were here jumping and praising the Lagos state Government because there were no new cases recorded for few weeks but now Caterpillar don jam Keke, 70 something new cases in a flash hehehehe.. yorubas are fools, they are just looking for opportunity to claim they are the ones that nailed Coronavirus and not the Federal Government, now you can deal with your Corona virus and leave the Federal Government alone since you give glory to Lagos state Government only. Nitwits now is just morning....
When Jonathan defeated Ebola you people said it was Lagos state Government and not Jonathan so now where is that Lagos state Government oya dem don handicap?? they need to conquer this one too oo grin grin grin..

I hope you understand this is not the time to play partisan politics, Lagos recording new cases is not because it failed in any way nah, it's impossible for Lagos to stop a returnee from having the virus, it's actually an imported disease and Lagos is major point of entry and are trying to arrest the situation to the best of their capabilities

And what's with the yorubas are f**ls thingy for God's sake, is there something you gain from being a tribal racist, are we not all human before being Nigerians before being from a particular tribe, una matter tire person
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by Collins4u1(m): 7:42am On Apr 23, 2020
Inaccurate data.
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by AleagueEdu: 7:43am On Apr 23, 2020
The situation we have found ourselves now calls for collective responsibility.

Let the govt at all levels be alive to their responsibilities.

And we the governed also take immense care of our end.

Hope and pray that we are not all consumed in the clear and present danger we are in.
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by SavageResponse(m): 7:44am On Apr 23, 2020
CrudeSon:
If you know you know grin
NCDC fighting all they can to remain relevant till the money and donations finishes grin cheesy

I hear,and it is funny how all the gullibles above my comments are bending to the fake reports!!!
Expect it to be counting in hundreds now to attract attention grin

Can you defend this rubbish you wrote with hardcore evidence?!
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by YeribanzavsAfon: 8:07am On Apr 23, 2020
DAVE5:

I hope you understand this is not the time to play partisan politics, Lagos recording new cases is not because it failed in any way nah, it's impossible for Lagos to stop a returnee from having the virus, it's actually an imported disease and Lagos is major point of entry and are trying to arrest the situation to the best of their capabilities

And what's with the yorubas are f**ls thingy for God's sake, is there something you gain from being a tribal racist, are we not all human before being Nigerians before being from a particular tribe, una matter tire person

So you know all these yet when Jonathan defeated Ebola you people said it was Lagos state Government and not Jonathan so now where is that Lagos state Government oya dem don handicap?? they need to conquer this one too na. tongue tongue tongue
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by YkWealthy07: 8:07am On Apr 23, 2020
Task force and securities are not doing good to this country by making sure there's total lockdown at the interstate borders they are collecting bribes and rebate from people making the inflow in the number of the covid 19 to extent to states the are not even having before now. Agencies or forces involve should adhere strictly and committed and be responsible to their job. Save Nigeria and Nigerians from mess for God's sake!
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by freetheking: 8:13am On Apr 23, 2020
Temithorpe28:
God please have mercy on human race, we know we have sinned against you, please just forgive us, government has failed and we have even failed ourselves, but you are our Creator, please have mercy on us and take this plague away from us.
Amen
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by chubinwa(m): 8:18am On Apr 23, 2020
Kano is on leave. I just pray the virus will also go on leave pending till when they bounce back with full testing kits. may God heal the land.
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by zanjorrg(m): 8:21am On Apr 23, 2020
YeribanzavsAfon:

So you know all these yet when Jonathan defeated Ebola you people said it was Lagos state Government and not Jonathan so now where is that Lagos state Government oya dem don handicap?? they need to conquer this one too na. tongue tongue tongue

That Lagos state claimed they cured Ebola is your problem now. Was money taken from your account when they didn't attribute the cure to Jonathan? I want to know so as to know how I may be of help to you. I'm very sure ur state does not have International Airport, have low number of retunees and also have low rate of recovery.. Let be prayerful and united to fight against this menace... Peace.
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by AmTruth: 8:37am On Apr 23, 2020
Sorry bro, you could request assistance for home services even from Nurses you might know, atleast that can be of help to an extent.
mtinfx:
Na wao and many hospitals have stopped ante natal in Lagos

Wish I had moved my wife to PH before all this got heavy cry
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by popcykaylah(m): 8:40am On Apr 23, 2020
Yet my stupid boss is looking for a way to make us come to work cos she’s not making money ..she sits in house,keep her own children for house ,come Dey find another person pikin to risk their lives .. some rich people are damn cruel and selfish

1 Like

Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by Nobody: 8:52am On Apr 23, 2020
Nigerians are not following the guidelines.
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by Onitola2: 8:56am On Apr 23, 2020
References:

https://twitter.com/NCDCgov/status/1253087883159842816?s=19

https://twitter.com/NCDCgov/status/1253087887912034304?s=19
and some are saying they don't want Chinese doctors or vaccine..... Make den do whatever will wipe d virus b4 it wipes us all
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by Angelfrost(m): 8:58am On Apr 23, 2020
chigoizie7:
When people are asked to stay at home. They think they are doing those rich politicians.

When few rich politicians impose lockdown without palliatives for the numerous poor, they think they are doing the people...

We will all suffer the consequences!!!
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by Podolskie777: 9:04am On Apr 23, 2020
I read in one of the post that the only covid-19 patient in Anambra has been discharged am surprised seeing Anambra on the list again. What's happening ?
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by Holarbams(m): 9:06am On Apr 23, 2020
wink[i][/i] God help ur children. Forgive us lord.
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by maasoap(m): 9:08am On Apr 23, 2020
Lorazepam:
The number of deaths is stealthily and insidiously climbing up cry

But what if they extend the lockdown, and after two weeks again, we are recording higher numbers, is that how they will keep extending every two weeks? This lockdown is not feasible in the long run.

Is that not how they keep extending it abroad?
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by maasoap(m): 9:09am On Apr 23, 2020
u11ae1013:
I think it would be foolish to declare another lockdown, if truly the virus passes through the face then face mask should be made compulsory and let us revive our economy because if we don't, then the number will keep increasing and the recession will take centuries for us to recover

Face masks, hand gloves and social distancing is the final way to go
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by maasoap(m): 9:11am On Apr 23, 2020
Influential101:
Kano not on the list?? Is it because their test kit is finished ?

God help us really embarassed embarassed

Yes
Re: 91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths by Angelfrost(m): 9:14am On Apr 23, 2020
Neoteny7:

You really think it won't?

Prepare for at least 2 million

To hit 2 million testing and isolation will need to be increased by at least 5 fold... That will never happen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Please Beware Of That Bottle Of "Alomo Bitters" You Are About Drinking !!!!!! / Coronavirus: Marcelo Rebelo, Portuguese President To Be Quarantined For 2 Weeks / What Side Effects Does Moringa Have?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.