Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,626 members, 7,878,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 07:19 AM

SEVENTEEN; A Poem In Honour Of Old Classmates - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / SEVENTEEN; A Poem In Honour Of Old Classmates (649 Views)

A Short Poem In Honour Of The Children's Day Pat Ashinze / A Short Poem In Honour Of The Children's Day By Pat Ashinze / A Short Poem In Honour Of The Children's Day By Pat Ashinze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SEVENTEEN; A Poem In Honour Of Old Classmates by lilachiever(m): 6:20pm On Apr 23, 2020
*SEVENTEEN*

Once there was a pack of people
They were two plus five in triple
Near in mind but far in character
This isn’t a regular rhyme to encounter.

Once there was a flock of humans
None was birthed or named a Newman
They laughed and cried and played and fought
They shared a bond or something of sort.

Once there was a herd of heads
Shared was a life fulfilled with reds
Not a bit sweet and not a bit better
They were some things but never a quitter.

Once there was this bouquet of rascals
Who went about to spread some scandals
Made jokes, had fun at errors of the tongue
For there were checkers and kings and supervisors among.

Yes there was this bunch of misfits
Whose heads were correct but not aligned
Love was a thing if there were sheets
Of paper, Oh! that would merge their minds
They truly did eat books until the very end
Story of their life surely deserves to be penned.

Now where is this group of personages?
Some years have passed on, adding to their ages
The Billys now have a life filled with duties
The nannys now rule the land, Oh! Them Beauties

Though the distance and its wideness is off the charts
They will continue to live and laugh inside their hearts.

© Yeqeen Lateef Olawale

The above poem was written by an old classmate and friend of mine, in respect to the memories we shared with the rest of our classmates back in secondary school (SS3). This poem brings back sweet old memories.
Re: SEVENTEEN; A Poem In Honour Of Old Classmates by EkopSparoAyara(m): 5:54am On Apr 24, 2020
While I was reading this, sweet memories came flooding.. It was a beautiful time back then..

I miss the days of my secondary school..
Re: SEVENTEEN; A Poem In Honour Of Old Classmates by lilachiever(m): 11:35am On Apr 24, 2020
EkopSparoAyara:
While I was reading this, sweet memories came flooding.. It was a beautiful time back then..

I miss the days of my secondary school..

Where did you school?
Re: SEVENTEEN; A Poem In Honour Of Old Classmates by EkopSparoAyara(m): 4:14am On Apr 26, 2020
lilachiever:

Where did you school?

Government Secondary School, State Housing Estate, Calabar..
And Institute of Basic Studies, Akamkpa.. Both in Cross River State.
Re: SEVENTEEN; A Poem In Honour Of Old Classmates by lilachiever(m): 1:05pm On Apr 26, 2020
EkopSparoAyara:

Government Secondary School, State Housing Estate, Calabar.. And Institute of Basic Studies, Akamkpa.. Both in Cross River State.
OK

(1) (Reply)

Top Nairaland Writers Of All Time That I Can't Forget. Let's Celebrate Them / Sweeter Than Honey / Hello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.