Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,804 members, 7,972,877 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 09:18 PM

Lockdown But Not Knockdown - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lockdown But Not Knockdown (134 Views)

Bishop Emmanuel Chukwuma Holds Church Service, Dares Government On Lockdown / My Church, First Baptist Abuja Shared Rice And 10,000 Cash To Ease Lockdown / Coronavirus: Dominion City Lagos Shares Food Items Due To COVID-19 Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lockdown But Not Knockdown by goodshepherd123(m): 9:54am On Apr 24, 2020
### Capsule of liberty devotional.

### Topic : Lockdown but not knockdown
### Read : Gen 39 vs 20-23
###Memory verse :2cor 3 vs 17.
### ” Now the lord is that spirit : and where the spirit of the Lord is there is liber ty”.

The word “lockdown” simply means the ,absence of liberty to move the way we normally do and general restriction of movement. While the word knockdown simply means a blow that knocks the opponent off his feet.

From our Bible reading we saw how Joseph was lockdown in prison for many years but God ensure he was not knockdown.
Why?
Because the Lord was with Joseph and showed him mercy and also gave him favour. ( Gen 39 vs 21)

The bible says the lord showed him mercy why? because he feared God.

### Psalm 33 vs 18: Behold the eye of the Lord is upon them that fear him,upon t hem that hope in his mercy.

One night as i and family were about to sleep,suddenly God spoke to me that we have been SURROUNDED,so i peeped outside and i saw no thing with my physical eyes, so we prayed and slept. As soon as i slept i now saw that truly i have been surrounded by enemies and all manner of creature but surprisingly this long and mighty hands came out of heaven and carried me like a baby out of the midst of the enemies and took me to a safe place.

So you might have been lockdown physically,but i want to assure you that you cant be knocked down.
On the contrary if you are living in sin ,the Lord is far away from you .

##Proverb 15 vs 29: The lord is far from the wicked,but he heareth the prayer of the righteous.

Repent and come to Jesus today and with him in you
no power can knock you down.

# Assignment :

1. Spend quality time with God today.
#Prayer points:
1. Father dont allow sickness to knock me down in
Jesus name.
2.Father show me your mercy today in Jesus name.
3.Father let me begin to swim in your favour in Jesus name.

#Written by
#Dcn Oluwaleye Akinboyewa.
You can like our page on Facebook.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 29/04/2020 / "Facing Uncharted Territory" / Odm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.