Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,914 members, 7,949,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 08:38 PM

Arik Cuts Salaries By 80%, Places 90% Of Staff On Leave Without Pay - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Arik Cuts Salaries By 80%, Places 90% Of Staff On Leave Without Pay (803 Views)

90% Of 2023 Diaspora Remittances Didn’t Get To Nigeria — Oyedele / GTB Imposes Mandatory Vaccinatn For Staffers, Threatens To Slash Salaries By 50% / Paternity Scandal: FCMB's MD, Adam Nuru Goes On Leave As Probe Begins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arik Cuts Salaries By 80%, Places 90% Of Staff On Leave Without Pay by Mixt: 1:54pm On Apr 24, 2020
As the airline industry across the world continues to take a beating following the suspension of most local and international flights, Nigeria’s largest commercial airline, Arik Air, on Thursday informed staff it would cut the salaries of its employees by a whopping 80 per cent.
https://acrosstheweb.com.ng/2020/04/24/read-full-memo-arik-cuts-salaries-by-80-places-90-of-staff-on-leave-without-pay/

Re: Arik Cuts Salaries By 80%, Places 90% Of Staff On Leave Without Pay by daddytime(m): 1:59pm On Apr 24, 2020
This is getting indeed serious.

No one can blame Arik or any other airline at that.

These are cost-saving measures stemming from the massive hit on their finances and operations.
Re: Arik Cuts Salaries By 80%, Places 90% Of Staff On Leave Without Pay by adewumiopeyemi(m): 2:00pm On Apr 24, 2020
So much lay off. Will happen this year most peope will lose there job recession will follow
after this corona shit and peope will start dieing
Of hunger
MayGod help us

Guys have anybody notice that Pepsi have reduce now checking the plastic is now small
Re: Arik Cuts Salaries By 80%, Places 90% Of Staff On Leave Without Pay by Rhyah(f): 2:11pm On Apr 24, 2020
Now some people will get laid off and some, their salaries drastically reduced, but rent, all utility bills, data subscriptions etc. remain the same. There are even highly predicted price hikes on food stuffs...

It is well. God help us.
Those who might want to take advantage of us due to circumstances created by this pandemic will not see us.
Re: Arik Cuts Salaries By 80%, Places 90% Of Staff On Leave Without Pay by Greatzeus(m): 4:42pm On Apr 24, 2020
Rhyah:
Now some people will get laid off and some, their salaries drastically reduced, but rent, all utility bills, data subscriptions etc. remain the same. There are even highly predicted price hikes on food stuffs...

It is well. God help us.
Those who might want to take advantage of us due to circumstances created by this pandemic will not see us.
I believe they were not sacked,they will resume work when international Airports are opened and lockdown is lifted.
This is why we should always prepare for the future. Some people are flamboyant and extravagant because they work in a big company and earn big salary forgetting life is very uncertain.
@Rhyah,it seems it's lockdown that makes you remember nairaland. You seems not to be active at all. More like you make one comment per month grin
Re: Arik Cuts Salaries By 80%, Places 90% Of Staff On Leave Without Pay by Rhyah(f): 6:57pm On Apr 24, 2020
Greatzeus:

I believe they were not sacked,they will resume work when international Airports are opened and lockdown is lifted.
This is why we should always prepare for the future. Some people are flamboyant and extravagant because they work in a big company and earn big salary forgetting life is very uncertain.
@Rhyah,it seems it's lockdown that makes you remember nairaland. You seems not to be active at all. More like you make one comment per month grin

I know they were not sacked... I was just making a general comment...some businesses are suffering and it'll affect the employees too.

@ your observation...I read more but rarely comment grin

(1) (Reply)

Do You Stay Around Egbeda & Work On The Island? Check This Out! / Complete Sugarcane Juice/smoothie Shop Business Plan In Abuja Or Lagos / Advice Needed: How Best Can I Send Money To Any Cameroon Bank From Nigeria - Inv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.