Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,286 members, 7,887,831 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:48 PM

Freedom To Roam Again, Safely - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Freedom To Roam Again, Safely (202 Views)

Lady Put To Bed Safely After Shouting ''The God Of Gov. Wike'' Thrice (video) / Second Wave Of COVID 19: Another Lockdown Roam In Nigeria. NCDC Warn Nigerians / Ghana Is Not Like Nigeria Where Cattle Roam The Streets – Ghanaian President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Freedom To Roam Again, Safely by 0llamide: 3:34am On Apr 25, 2020
lifting the lockdown and freeing everyone now is definitely not an option, that would surely define to everyone what freedom is without safety, disaster.

We all want back our freedom to roam, but know this: hunger doesn't kill faster than the virus, though disastrous when accompanied by depression and deprivation.

It's been here longer than any one could have ever imagined, and there's no telling when a permanent cure will be found.

We can't live like this forever and the end of a storm is never foretold, people are suffering, many have been in hardship way before the pandemic, it is scary to imagine what such people are experiencing now. If only our government can prepare a scheme for us to go back to our lives while preventing against the virus, it would be a call to remember.

Just a suggestion: Freedom with safety by way of strict lockdown.

Without a definite cure or a fitting scheme at this rate, we'll keep having infection cases and our good news in the name of recoveries, and I'm afraid we'll continue recording deaths as well.

The idea of lockdown is right but presently, the way the masses exercise it is very wrong and the way the law enforcers handle it is rather rogue.

More like a vow of silence is broken when you talk, so is self isolation when someone step out and come in close contact with another person, will such person start counting again? No, just like a deceit believer celebrates eid along side saints after Ramadan, they also go out thinking they've completed their 14-days isolation.

The lockdown will be less significant if continued like this, the government needs to enforce the lockdown rules in a very strict manner, that way, the symptoms are clear, the infected person will simply show and notify the NCDC, then the victim, along with their family or whoever they live or has been in contact with become the property of the government, to be taken care of.

With whatever resources we have, individually, coupled with the little the government and generous minds are providing, we should be able to survive through 14 days, and like i mentioned earlier, Covid-19 kills faster than hunger, according to Peter Janiszewski "severe symptoms of starvation begin around 35-40 days, and as highlighted by the hunger strikers of the Maze Prison in Belfast in the 1980s, death can occur at around 45 to 61 days".

It is hard to believe that my 14-days isolation is far from being promising, and counts for nothing. like so many people out there, I couldn't have a lone-isolation, a restroom isn't linked to my room, my parent go out, though necessarily, and i can't hold them down, not everyone can stand boredom like i can so my siblings and relatives visit and i can't send them back, customers still patronize, we feed on that too, what is the point of such isolation? and most surprisingly, i never even had a mask or gloves of my own, you wonder why? It was distributed in a gathering so i wouldn't go, we don't sell and i won't go out to buy, even if i knew a seller, i assume you know the reason why i wouldn't. This is just my little story, many people out there have similar ones or worse or better.

It is without glimpse of a doubt that the most ideal move that has been made by the government to contain the virus is the ongoing lockdown, I don't know in detail how this is been handled in cities but here, many traders have stopped being one and the law enforcers have stepped into their shoes, though some amongst us that disobey the law deserve to be punished accordingly, but it is so cruel that many of us are experiencing the extortion of our lives and unsurprisingly, many of this 'some' even have no intention to disobey the law but they'd starve if they choose not to.

Even lunatics are not ignorant of the pandemic, though many Nigerians still behave like animals and go against government rules and medical directives. Recently, i saw a clip showing a woman say "no Nigerian is more Nigerian than another Nigerian" she was right, contextually, but that is not applicable in many other cases, because a citizen that is more compliance to the law, righteous before God and virtuous before man is more human, hence, more Nigerian, ever looked at someone and say to yourself "is this a human being or a goat in human shape and leather"? That's exactly what some people are, and for that, believe me they are less Nigerian. If you know someone like that, just plead with them to help the situation, they can restore to default afterwards.

After the storm, we'll count, from our family, friends, relatives and loved ones, no one will be missing by the special grace of God, and may the almighty console the people that already lost their loved ones and soothe their pain. Āmīn.

With prayers, endurance and the right move from our leaders and total cooperation from us all, especially in this holy month of Ramadan, we'll completely contain and conquer corona virus, and smile again.

Ramadan Mubarak, and
God bless Nigeria

Abdulganiy Olamide

(1) (Reply)

Anambra State Government Has Ordered The Reopening Of Churches, Food Markets, / Highlights Of The President's Broadcast / Abacha Loot: It's Insulating For US To Give Conditions On Spending - Sagay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.