Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,517 members, 7,881,741 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 08:24 AM

How PHCN /NEPA Is Enhancing Robbers To Rob Us At Night. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How PHCN /NEPA Is Enhancing Robbers To Rob Us At Night. (749 Views)

Angry Mob Burns Two Suspected Robbers To Death In Onitsha Main Market (Graphic) / SARS Officers Beat Robbers To Pulp In Sokoto (photos) / The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How PHCN /NEPA Is Enhancing Robbers To Rob Us At Night. by TwitAppy: 11:07am On Apr 25, 2020
Good morning everyone, I have been considering things about this topic for a while and i can't help it any longer.

You maybe wandering why I think/feels or even why am convinced that PHCN/NEPA is in one way directly or indirectly involved in the robberies that occurs at night.

Before, I put My reason through I will like to ask a few questions about the PHCN and their supremacy over Nigerians and the Nigerian government.

This questions might be odd to some people but those who can read in between the lines will definitely understand my point.

1. First question is why is there no steady power supply?

2. Why is it that each time we see light even after months and years, they day we happen to see them bring power and maybe in the next 30munites it starts raining then light goes off?

a.Does it mean that our light is alegic to rainfall?
b.Was this the same fate Ghana had when Nigeria was there source of power, if yes then
c.why did Ghana celebrate either 10 or 20 years of non power interruption?

3. Are Nigerians that gullible that we won't have light for 6months yet PHCN brings bill and we pay, because if you don't pay they ( PHCN ) supply's power the next few days and boom you see them come with ladder to cut off your wire because you did not comply to pay even after not having power supply for 6months

4. Are we that gullible?
That phcn will supply high voltage after 6months of darkness, get your electrical gadgets burnt to pieces yet they still bring bill and enforce you to pay after all the damage.

5. Why is it that if your area light is faulty you have to call NEPA /PHCN before they know that your light is faulty? I mean in Cote D'Ivoire once a line is faulty in the next 20munites you will see their power technical teams trying to fix it, and they surely will fix it else they sleep on the spot and work all night just to make sure that the amount of minutes or hours of the faulty line is reduced to the bearest minimum.

Why is our own different?
Who placed such a curse on Nigeria?
Is Nigeria ever gonna get better as one Nigeria?

Anyways, I believe if everywhere is well lighted up night robberies in our neighborhood would be a lot more difficult than as its a lot more easier now.
Advanced countries use electricity to fight crime and empower indiginus small industries.

But in Nigeria PHCN uses darkness to empower criminals and bandits by making an enabling environment for crime and banditry.

Who then can argue this otherwise?

I rest my case.
Let's join the campaign against darkness and corruption in the PHCN join. The conversation on twitappy.com

1 Like

Re: How PHCN /NEPA Is Enhancing Robbers To Rob Us At Night. by eleko1: 11:09am On Apr 25, 2020
sad
Re: How PHCN /NEPA Is Enhancing Robbers To Rob Us At Night. by Nobody: 4:19pm On Apr 25, 2020
This generation don't want change yet.
Re: How PHCN /NEPA Is Enhancing Robbers To Rob Us At Night. by dangoteinlaw: 5:17pm On Apr 25, 2020
So op what do u suggest, a riot? Maybe a protest of group of guys wearing Tshirts labeled "enough is enough " or ..... come on share your suggestions.

1 Like

Re: How PHCN /NEPA Is Enhancing Robbers To Rob Us At Night. by Nobody: 8:48pm On Apr 25, 2020
Go and meet them tell them not to give you light during the day except at night. Give them small change too. That's what we did in our community especially with the menace of these robbers.
Re: How PHCN /NEPA Is Enhancing Robbers To Rob Us At Night. by TwitAppy: 1:06am On Apr 26, 2020
ayobamiJR:

This generation don't want change yet.

Change is far from this generation, if this generation had really wanted change then they would have done things the right way.

1 Like

Re: How PHCN /NEPA Is Enhancing Robbers To Rob Us At Night. by TwitAppy: 1:18am On Apr 26, 2020
dangoteinlaw:
So op what do u suggest, a riot? Maybe a protest of group of guys wearing Tshirts labeled "enough is enough " or ..... come on share your suggestions.

Until we are able to hold PHCN/NEPA accountable to our money then this mess will never stop, do you know that most at times when they take power supply its a delibrate act? not as if, once they allow power supply to flow then the nation will be on fire...

Sometimes i ask myself what is the main reason why they even take light?
sometimes they flash on and off for over 3times before taking the light indefinately, its painful, yet they bring bill...

We need a law that will make PHCN answerable to we the consumers whenever they missbehave =..

If we have had cases of dragging phcn to court for not providing power supply, or for your fish,meat or other perishables that perished due to lack of power then, we will be glad say now we are on the same page.

but without the citizens having power to ask for their right from these people then we are heading nowhere!

I am not calling for any protest whatsoever, but i know we have senetors who are there to speak for us, let us ask them for that simple bill that we empower the citizens each time theres bridge of contract.

2 Likes

Re: How PHCN /NEPA Is Enhancing Robbers To Rob Us At Night. by TwitAppy: 1:19am On Apr 26, 2020
debola33:
Go and meet them tell them not to give you light during the day except at night. Give them small change too. That's what we did in our community especially with the menace of these robbers.
its not a laughing matter bro.
Re: How PHCN /NEPA Is Enhancing Robbers To Rob Us At Night. by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 26, 2020
TwitAppy:

its not a laughing matter bro.
am damn serious this is exactly what our CDA did. We don't have light during day time except night from 10pm to 7am.
Re: How PHCN /NEPA Is Enhancing Robbers To Rob Us At Night. by TwitAppy: 5:48pm On Apr 26, 2020
debola33:
am damn serious this is exactly what our CDA did. We don't have light during day time except night from 10pm to 7am.
Like seriously? shocked shocked shocked

This is bad!

(1) (Reply)

School Security Gets Tired Of Flogging A Student That Came Late (video) / EFCC Arrest First Bank Staff, Philips Orumade For Allegedly Stealing N18.9m / New Pos Scam Alert!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.