Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,540 members, 7,917,689 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 01:12 PM

Lesson Froms Delta Rerun; Jega And Niggerians. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lesson Froms Delta Rerun; Jega And Niggerians. (858 Views)

Rivers Violent Rerun: Ben Llewellyn-Jones Asks Very Interesting Question / Rivers Rerun: APC Member Stabbed By Opposition Party - Graphic Photos / Jega And APC Fault Fani-kayode’s Pdp’s Victory Claim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lesson Froms Delta Rerun; Jega And Niggerians. by maddock(m): 7:22am On Jan 08, 2011
Although the results was just announced, but one lesson I have learnt before now and from this rerun is, A lot of Nigerians are very good in critising but give them the opportunity to do they would be clueless. If Jega cannot conduct a free and fair election in Delta state, how is he going to do same for the whole Nigeria.So many a times we tend to profer solutions to problems theoritically and blame the goverment for our problems. Forgetting that governance is not moi and gari especially for a complex nation like ours. I could remember Jega in his active days being a thorn in the flesh of the goverment of this massive and complex country,
but now being given a chance to DO we are all alive to see the outcome. What happened in Delta is just a shadow compared to what would happen at the Presidential election taking GEJ/Atiku desperacy in consideration. Lord have mercy on us,I think he should resign and save whatever is left of his dignity or if he prefers the money then fine he is no different from the politicians despoiling this country. I rest my case.
Re: Lesson Froms Delta Rerun; Jega And Niggerians. by Dave6: 7:43am On Jan 08, 2011
;d
Re: Lesson Froms Delta Rerun; Jega And Niggerians. by MaJBlige(f): 8:14am On Jan 08, 2011
Your conclusion is based on what?
Re: Lesson Froms Delta Rerun; Jega And Niggerians. by sochan: 8:19am On Jan 08, 2011
@Maddock,

You raise a very good point. I was always certain in my mind that the re-run election was going to be an absolute failure. for the following reasons.

1: The Voters register was not in proper order, there were all sorts of irregularities a week before the election , which came to bare on that day
2: Security had not been properly planned. There was not indication that security measures where in place that would counter the usual election malpractice processes
3: The orgainastion was extremely poor, I mean very poor

4: It is still not clear to me how Uduaghan got clearance to Run.

Listen we are not serious about tackling the main issues that constantly hunt us. Considering the amount of money spent on Inec, in my opinion, I think it has been a sham. The government has serious problems come April. I truly fear for Nigeria
Re: Lesson Froms Delta Rerun; Jega And Niggerians. by Acidosis(m): 8:39am On Jan 08, 2011
One thing I know about Nigerians is 'complaints'.
Nigerians will always complain whenever the outcome of an event is not in their favour. Favour in terms of tribal, language or political similarities.
Will you take over Jega's sit if he resigns, or what makes you think you/anyone else can do better.
Re: Lesson Froms Delta Rerun; Jega And Niggerians. by sochan: 8:44am On Jan 08, 2011
@Acidosis,

The stakes are high, and it is hightime we start doing things the right way. Simply for the good of everyone. I believe in fairness for everyone. We cannot afford a system that will not set us on the right path, failure for another 4yrs is not an option. Especially after all the money we have pumped into Inec. Nigerians and that includes you, need values for money and a system that actually works. Can you imagine investing in Inec in another 4yrs just because this system did not deliver.

My brother we must start getting things right
Re: Lesson Froms Delta Rerun; Jega And Niggerians. by wesley80(m): 9:03am On Jan 08, 2011
Apart from a few minor lapses, they got this election right. The facts are clear as any honest and objective person will admit. Stop this mud throwing and tell your folks to prepare better for the coming elections.
Re: Lesson Froms Delta Rerun; Jega And Niggerians. by maddock(m): 10:29am On Jan 08, 2011
I think maybe in my post I concentrated too much on Jega which I ought not to, but my point is that we Nigerians like critising and complaining but if given that same opportunity we would do same. I don't criticise or complain about the goverment because I do know for sure that the people there are just like anybody you find on the street. The only difference is that one has the opportunity and the other does not.
Re: Lesson Froms Delta Rerun; Jega And Niggerians. by sochan: 10:56am On Jan 08, 2011
Thats right, so when the opportunity arises, they should use it for the betterment of society not the rubbish we continue suffer. What is so wrong with us doing the right thing?
Re: Lesson Froms Delta Rerun; Jega And Niggerians. by semid4lyfe(m): 12:00pm On Jan 08, 2011
maddock:

Although the results was just announced, but one lesson I have learnt before now and from this rerun is, A lot of Nigerians  are very good in critising but give them the opportunity to do they would be clueless. If Jega cannot conduct a free and fair election in Delta state, how is he going to do same for the whole Nigeria.So many a times we tend to profer solutions to problems theoritically and blame the goverment for our problems. Forgetting that governance is not moi and gari especially for a complex nation like ours. I could remember  Jega in his active days being a thorn in the flesh of the goverment of this massive and complex country,
but now being given a chance to DO we are all alive to see the outcome. What happened in Delta is just a shadow compared to what would happen at the Presidential election taking GEJ/Atiku desperacy in consideration. Lord have mercy on us,I think he should resign and save whatever is left of his dignity or if he prefers the money then fine he is no different from the politicians despoiling this country. I rest my case.

A whole load of balderdash.

Perhaps, you should learn to spell correctly and write well before calling for JEGA resignation. . .Nonsense!
Re: Lesson Froms Delta Rerun; Jega And Niggerians. by maddock(m): 12:10pm On Jan 08, 2011
@ semid4life. Because of the way you reason and always quick to throw insult you can never get to the final not to talk of winning,cos that your name. If you understand simple english am not calling for his resignation but he should be the one to make that decision so that tomorow he does not blame the system for making him to fail.Am breaking it down for you to understand cos its obvious u r a toddler.
Re: Lesson Froms Delta Rerun; Jega And Niggerians. by semid4lyfe(m): 12:34pm On Jan 08, 2011
Someone who writes worse than a 5-year old is calling me a toddler? shocked. . . .hehehehe, laugh wan kill me die  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

maddock on Today at 07:22:54 AM:

I think he should resign and save whatever is left of his dignity or if he prefers the money then fine he is no different from the politicians despoiling this country. I rest my case.

By the way, what exactly is the bolded if not a call for his resignation? I repeat, sort out your issues before calling for JEGA's resignation.

Shioor!
Re: Lesson Froms Delta Rerun; Jega And Niggerians. by maddock(m): 3:17pm On Jan 08, 2011
@semi4life
I guess your stupidity is beclouding your sense of reasoning, i think he should resign, and not he must resign. The reason i " think" he should resign is  based on the the next statement i made THE DESPERACY (DESPERATION because desperacy is not an eglish word but am not writing an exam) OF GEJ/ATIKU to return to power. This desperation  would lead to the ruling party  unleashing its  federal might in getting whatever they want. With this federal might in play, Jega would be powerless to do anything meaningful. I am taking time to explain all this because  i know you are very, very slow in comprehending simple statements. The backgroung of my post is that Nigerians criticise and complain without taking the complex nature of the country into consideration. How did Jega became popular, he was popular during his tenure as ASUU Chairman and the  role he played during the military era the Union force the government of General Ibrahim Babangida to sign the famous 1992 ASUU/FG agreement which sought to improve the welfare of university teachers. So with his backgroung the table has changed from the position of forcing someone to do anything. I said i repeat "i think he should resign with whatever is left of his dignity before being rubbished by the politicians like we just witnessed in this delta rerun and all the recent INEC matters.
maddock:

I think maybe in my post I concentrated too much on Jega which I ought not to, but my point is that we Nigerians like critising and complaining but if given that same opportunity we would do same. I don't criticise or complain about the goverment because I do know for sure that the people there are just like anybody you find on the street. The only difference is that one has the opportunity and the other does not.

Looking at my second post my point of argument is not Jega perse but Nigerians in general.In short why am i even arguing with you, for all i know you could either be a toddler or one of those many ballot snatching thugs. Thats why you simply cant jawjaw with throwing insults.
If you no get work to do this afternoon make you u begin try take your tongue dey lick your ears, at least that one go keep you busy.LWKMD shioooorr.
Re: Lesson Froms Delta Rerun; Jega And Niggerians. by semid4lyfe(m): 4:04pm On Jan 08, 2011
maddock:

@semi4life
I guess your stupidity is beclouding your sense of reasoning, i think he should resign, and not he must resign. The reason i " think" he should resign is  based on the the next statement i made THE DESPERACY (DESPERATION because desperacy is not an eglish word but am not writing an exam) OF GEJ/ATIKU to return to power. This desperation  would lead to the ruling party  unleashing its  federal might in getting whatever they want. With this federal might in play, Jega would be powerless to do anything meaningful. I am taking time to explain all this because  i know you are very, very slow in comprehending simple statements. The backgroung of my post is that Nigerians criticise and complain without taking the complex nature of the country into consideration. How did Jega became popular, he was popular during his tenure as ASUU Chairman and the  role he played during the military era the Union force the government of General Ibrahim Babangida to sign the famous 1992 ASUU/FG agreement which sought to improve the welfare of university teachers. So with his backgroung the table has changed from the position of forcing someone to do anything. I said i repeat "i think he should resign with whatever is left of his dignity before being rubbished by the politicians like we just witnessed in this delta rerun and all the recent INEC matters.

More balderdash and a boring post riddled with ''tabons''. shocked shocked  I'm moving on jare tongue

Lest I forget, the word is spelt N-I-G-E-R-I-A-N-S and not N-I-G-G-E-R-I-A-N-S ? Better spell it continuously till you know it offhand. . .ROFLMAO!! grin grin grin grin

Enjoy your day and happy new year grin
Re: Lesson Froms Delta Rerun; Jega And Niggerians. by maddock(m): 4:27pm On Jan 08, 2011
English teacher, it shows how boring you are to read through my boring post. i say it again and again and again,NIGGERIANS. Like you signature said go hug a transformer and make sure you remain there . Semi for life and never final or the winner.
I have moved on too.

Enjoy your day too and a happy new year. grin grin grin
Re: Lesson Froms Delta Rerun; Jega And Niggerians. by ikennahill: 8:57pm On Jan 08, 2011
If u do independent face to face pool in delta,u will kw dt under unrigable condition,uduagan cant gt up to 10,000 votes.
Re: Lesson Froms Delta Rerun; Jega And Niggerians. by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:33pm On Jan 08, 2011
Very simple lesson, elections are not won on the pages of nairaland and sahara reporters. They are won by bribing your way into the heart of those very close to the poverty line. Garri, rice oil and a tint of force when you have to. The middle class in this country do not vote, they prefer to scream on their voice on the internet but sit at home to watch channels on the day of election.
This is was a very free and fair election.
Re: Lesson Froms Delta Rerun; Jega And Niggerians. by kcjazz(m): 9:41pm On Jan 08, 2011
INEC still not perfect. However, the lesson for people who need vote is to get more people out there to vote. We complain about the register but again with the old register turnout was really low. The people who want the status quo are very hard working, there boys are always willing to stay out and vote while those who want change have less zeal. Not a perfect start for INEC but it can be built upon.
Re: Lesson Froms Delta Rerun; Jega And Niggerians. by HamidO1(m): 10:21pm On Jan 08, 2011
@OP, your judgement for me is a bit to early considering the circumstances surrounding the conduct of that re-run election. INEC had to conduct the election within 90 days of the judgement I think, which makes it very imposible to wait for the new voters register. I guess everyone now understands why Jega insisted on a new voters registar, he already said it before now that there is no way a free and fair election will be conducted with the old register, which he was forced to do based on the time frame.
For every other thing that happened on that day, I think Jega had little to do with it. Is Jega suppose to do the job of the Nigerian police??Is Jega suppose to protect the ballot boxes?? We shouldn't blame the guy, blame our desperate politicians who will stop at nothing to sabotage INEC's efforts. PDP is just to desperate for me.
Re: Lesson Froms Delta Rerun; Jega And Niggerians. by HamidO1(m): 10:33pm On Jan 08, 2011
maddock:

Sorry, but it's wrong to think all Nigerians will do the same if given the oppurtunity. Jega might not be able to change the whole system considering the existing decay but he'll certainly make a difference. Jega is not just "anybody" mind you.

(1) (Reply)

Akala Wins Oyo Ticket With 1,239 Votes; Opponents Total Vote = 1 / Is / Political Party System Should Be Banned In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.