Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,433 members, 7,917,350 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 12:50 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1137177 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 28, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Click bait is used in the wrong context here so for me no further comment. Also arrested for click bait?. Which country does that happen? ....

Yes there are countries that arrest for click bait. Go and share a link on the internet and write something that was not mentioned on the link, first. Click bait is an offense if you don't know.

What that Nairalander did was a click bait by putting fear in others to click the link or raise a discussion that was never mentioned on the link.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:10pm On Jun 28, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

Yes there are countries that arrest for click bait. Go and share a link on the internet and write something that was not mentioned on the link, first. Click bait is an offense if you don't know.

What that Nairalander did was click bait by putting fear in others to click the link.

Abeg Back up your words with evidence... where are these countries were click bait is a criminal offence even to the point of been arrested . Link please not heresay cheesy

Carrying false information are you ?...

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 2:12pm On Jun 28, 2020
mattfeuter:

Bingo!

Did you see why I asked if you read the article ? It was mainly about “Leicester”.

She said she heard “the UK” will go on lockdown which you agreed with.

That was the misleading part.

The local airport and international in Nigeria is expected to be open next week. Even the UK is opening its doors for European travel from July 6.

That's just one of so many articles sir. No call the guy bingo because e no talk wetin you like hear. I also want to go to the UK

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jun 28, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Abeg Back up your words with evidence... where are the countries were click bait is a criminal offence. Link please not heresay cheesy

Carrying false information ..... check check

Its not false,Nigeria for example arrest people for click bait. I won't educate you since you dont like to read.

Ordinary link they shared here you could not even read it but you were ready to raise a false discussion.

Someone that is comparing 1916 to 2020 cheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:17pm On Jun 28, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

Its not false,Nigeria for example arrest people for click bait. I won't educate you since you dont like to read.

Ordinary link they shared here you could not even read it but you were ready to raise a false discussion.

Clickbait is not a criminal offence anywhere in the world ... google is your friend since I dont like to read grin

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 28, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Clickbait is not a criminal offence anywhere in the world ... google is your friend

Have you heard of Journalism laws and regulations?

My friend Please don't further embarrass yourself.

So you had google and you were here comparing 1916 to 2020 LMAO...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 2:21pm On Jun 28, 2020
Wait what?? You think he called him bingo as in dog? LMAO

Dear sister, bingo! in that context means “on point!” Or “exactly!”

Not bingo as in bingo your friendly dog �

SAMDEEA123:

That's just one of so many articles sir. No call the guy bingo because e no talk wetin you like hear. I also want to go to the UK

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 2:22pm On Jun 28, 2020
naledis:

Okay. I only know the bingo dog. Thanks for teaching me

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pittoilet(f): 2:26pm On Jun 28, 2020
naledis:

grin grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 2:33pm On Jun 28, 2020
@lagosismyhome wasn’t even the one that posted the link, yet she’s the one taking the heat. I will suggest that people stop posting links that create unnecessary dramas or fears.
Nothing good comes from panic.

@mattfeuter is like you’ve been waiting for when to jump on our sisters head grin. Calm down she didn’t read the link but I think she was trying to come from another perspective.

Lastly people should know when and not to reply @miss clickbait because all she likes to do is argue unnecessarily and look for defence. After, she will be the one shouting don't derail the thread yen yen.

10 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 28, 2020
Continue to cry I will never mention you Mr Derail. LMAO!!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by sagbar(m): 2:45pm On Jun 28, 2020
inphoenix:

1. She can go ahead of you while you visit during the course of her study. You however cannot work on a visit visa and will not be allowed to stay for extended periods.
2. You can go with her as a dependant in which case you are entitled to work full time as a dependant while she is restricted to just 20 hours weekly as a student
3. To go together, you need:
i. Full Tuition (or balance of tuition after paying deposit)
ii. Maintenance funds for 9 months for the principal applicant (ie total of £11,385 if living in London/£9,135 outside London) and for each dependent (£7,605 for London/ £6,120 outside London)
These funds must be in your account for a minimum of 28days before you apply for the visa and must continue to be available to you towards your stay in the UK

Other costs to prepare for:
iii. Immigration health surcharge of £450 per visa applicant for ostensibly 1 year course. Note that this is to increase in October.
iv. Visa fees of £348 per applicant
v. You'll also need to undergo a Tuberculosis testing at either of the designated IOM centers in Lagos and Abuja at $150 or $60 (over and under 11 years old respectively)

Hope this helps. Cheers
Thanks so much bro. It really helps
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 2:51pm On Jun 28, 2020
SAMDEEA123:

“Bingo” in that context was used as an interjection and not calling anyone a dog.

Lagosismyhome knows this, please don’t create unnecessary drama.

I wasn’t even referring to you in the first place.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 2:54pm On Jun 28, 2020
Skymoore1004:
@lagosismyhome wasn’t even the one that posted the link, yet she’s the one taking the heat. I will suggest that people stop posting links that create unnecessary dramas or fears.

@mattfeuter is like you’ve been waiting for when to jump on our sisters head grin. Calm down she didn’t read the link but I think she was trying to come from another perspective.

Lastly people should know when and not to reply @miss clickbait because all she likes to do is argue unnecessarily and look for defence. After, she will be the one shouting don't derail the thread yen yen.

Contrary to your opinion , I’m not waiting to “jump” on anyone’s head.

Like I mentioned earlier , Lagosismyhome has been very helpful on here hence why I was surprised she made the comment without reading the article.

No disrespect meant at all.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 3:02pm On Jun 28, 2020
Aprokodaughter:
Continue to cry I will never mention you Mr Derail. LMAO!!! cheesy cheesy

Lol you know how he rolls grin

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 3:04pm On Jun 28, 2020
Sure, cool
mattfeuter:

Contrary to your opinion , I’m not waiting to “jump” on anyone’s head.

Like I mentioned earlier , Lagosismyhome has been very helpful on here hence why I was surprised she made the comment without reading the article.

No disrespect meant at all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by sugaDaddy(m): 3:30pm On Jun 28, 2020
iloveutd:
Hello great people ...my RGU faithfuls , I heard they will start issuing CAS by the end of this month

Anybody made deposit yet?

And we need to connect o...I don’t know how but I think we need to connect

Haven't made any deposits yet but I'm hoping to be part of the September intake by God's grace.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dduchess90(f): 5:44pm On Jun 28, 2020
Read through the arguments and the fears are understandable...i am privilege to work with the NHS test and trace program so i think i can add to this by saying any lockdown will start with the city for example (Leicester) if more, the county (Leicestershire), if more neighbouring counties and perhaps East Midlands in that level. However, i think UK Govt have always said they won't hesitate to move straight to a full on lockdown if need be so i understand where @lagosismyhome is coming from.

In conclusion, everyone is right but in different levels.

Hopefully, people comply when they are asked to self-isolate. For now no need to panic unless the city where you might be schooling is in the news and you'll be advised appropriately.

@skymoore your gist was the last that's why i responded

Cheers

Skymoore1004:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 6:33pm On Jun 28, 2020
Cyberknight:

The only way is for you to open a domiciliary account here for the person to wire you the money.
All other money transfer entities use the official rate.

And if the Dom Acct is opened in Nigeria.
And the money is wired from the UK.
How will the toyclicks ‘cash out’?

���
This suggestion wouldn’t work, as per what OP intended doing.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 6:35pm On Jun 28, 2020
justwise:

The person can use Ace money transfer to send you the money, their rate is not bad £1 for 516 as of today, sometime its free transfer or you pay 99p.

Last week they were giving 525 without transfer fees

Naahhh....
Toyclicks wants to get the quids in £££ in Nigeria.
Then go to aboki to exchange it for Naira.

Using ACE will not achieve that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by PtBlank: 7:01pm On Jun 28, 2020
He might be able to withdraw the pounds from his domiciliary account and take to aboki
LaaJiblik:

���

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 7:10pm On Jun 28, 2020
PtBlank:
He might be able to withdraw the pounds from his domiciliary account and take to aboki

LaaJiblik:

���

The above.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bayosegun(m): 7:25pm On Jun 28, 2020
Pls can I get clarification to this questions.

1. UKBA prefers if you provide information on the names of any dependant who is applying at the same time as you are on your form (although each dependant must complete a separate PBS (Dependant) form normally at a reduced fee if submitted at the same time as the Tier 4 form if a spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner, or child under 18 of the yourself)

2. Is travel history a key to applicant with dependents applying same time?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by NewStudent2020: 7:30pm On Jun 28, 2020
Hello All,

I am new here, though I have followed the thread in details from the very beginning as a guest.

I will like to ask a couple of questions and will really appreciate sincere and thoughtful answers.

I noticed a lot of people aren't applying for London based universities, please apart from the expensive living cost of London and environs, is there any other reason for this low application to London based Universities ?

I will also ask for sincere opinions about Middlesex University and Brunel University, I intend to choose between the two for my Msc in Data Science and Analytics.

Thank you so much. you all have really been of great help.

PS: if there are applicants to Middlesex and Brunel, please lets have some chats. cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 7:30pm On Jun 28, 2020
Cyberknight:

The above.

In which country?
Please show me anyone who has ever, ever home to the bank in Nigeria to withdraw £££

Nahhhh
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nazor07: 7:31pm On Jun 28, 2020
Hello house,.
Please I want to apply to Teesside university in UK. Does anyone know anything about the uni and the town generally. Also, I'm a bit sceptical about going to the UK as it wasn't in my options initially( but changed my mind now as regards the 2- years post study visa). I was trying other European countries but they are not forthcoming yet.

I would appreciate if someone can shed more light to life in the UK especially for internationals.

And how in demand is sports physiotherapy there which is my area of interest. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 7:31pm On Jun 28, 2020
PtBlank:

No he can’t.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 7:41pm On Jun 28, 2020
1. You have to fill in your dependants' details whether they are travelling with you or not. If they are travelling with you or at a later time, you need to fill out their application even though you've already provided their details in your own form. There's no reduced fee for dependant applications; it costs same as a T4 student application. Ps: UKBA ceased to exist from 2013, it's now UKVI.
2. Travel history isn't key though you have to declare any previous refusals + refusal reasons. People without prior travel history have gotten T4 visas.

bayosegun:
Pls can I get clarification to this questions.

1. UKBA prefers if you provide information on the names of any dependant who is applying at the same time as you are on your form (although each dependant must complete a separate PBS (Dependant) form normally at a reduced fee if submitted at the same time as the Tier 4 form if a spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner, or child under 18 of the yourself)

2. Is travel history a key to applicant with dependents applying same time?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 7:51pm On Jun 28, 2020
It was possible in the past. I have withdrawn transferred £ from my Nigerian accounts in the past but the last time I checked, CBN had stopped it.
At the moment, only transfers into domiciliary accounts can be transferred from dormicilliary accounts while cash deposits into dormicilliary accounts can only be withdrawn in cash.
Any £$€ transfers can only be transferred to other accounts but not withdrawn so your assertion is currently right.

LaaJiblik:

In which country?
Please show me anyone who has ever, ever home to the bank in Nigeria to withdraw £££

Nahhhh
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bayosegun(m): 7:58pm On Jun 28, 2020
Thanks@mimi

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 8:14pm On Jun 28, 2020
LaaJiblik:

In which country?

Nahhhh

mimilyrics:
It was possible in the past. I have withdrawn transferred £ from my Nigerian accounts in the past but the last time I checked, CBN had stopped it.
At the moment, only transfers into domiciliary accounts can be transferred from dormicilliary accounts while cash deposits into dormicilliary accounts can only be withdrawn in cash.
Any £$€ transfers can only be transferred to other accounts but not withdrawn so your assertion is currently right.

The bolded is not what we are talking about.
We're talking about receiving money in Nigeria that was sent from abroad, and it is still permitted to withdraw any cash sent to you in that currency.
I withdrew cash that was sent to me from the UK from my GBP domiciliary account last week.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 8:22pm On Jun 28, 2020
Notice that I spoke about my experience about being able to do that effortlessly; I never had issues with it in the past. Even though I haven't done so in recent times, that was the information that my bank gave me the last time I checked so if your own bank says otherwise, that's some pretty good news.

Cyberknight:

The bolded is not what we are talking about. I withdrew cash from my GBP domiciliary account last week.

The rule is actually that you can ONLY withdraw cash sent to you from abroad.

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (721)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.