Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,534 members, 7,917,660 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 12:34 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1137845 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Acuna91: 4:31pm On Jul 27, 2020
mimilyrics:
Currently £300/year. Goes up to £470 per year in October.
Thanks.
So, the money will be paid together with the Visa fee or paid when already in UK?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by AWFCNAIJA: 4:31pm On Jul 27, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Not a good idea but firstly how are you paid. ......

Withdraw to PayPal or any of the other virtual payment merchants
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by AWFCNAIJA: 4:32pm On Jul 27, 2020
mimilyrics:
It's self employment and that's not allowed under Tier 4 rules. Some people might have done it and gotten away with it but you might not be so lucky.

OK... Thank you for the heads up

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by AWFCNAIJA: 4:34pm On Jul 27, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Yes it does invalidate the terms, just like working above 20 hours. You’re not supposed to (according to the rules), but man must survive. It would be best if you could use a Nigerian bank account.

If not, you still use your U.K. account to receive payments. You can own one or more U.K. accounts as well.
Eg : NatWest & Barclays or NatWest but two savings account.

Tbh, it’s rare for you to be “caught”.
Infact I’ve never heard of anyone all through my stay and after that got in trouble with immigration because of self employment. I may be wrong acc to some users here but I’m sure home office got better things to do than clamp on people doing freelance work to survive.

Just be cautious and thread carefully smiley

I understand... Thanks again
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by AWFCNAIJA: 4:36pm On Jul 27, 2020
justwise:

Not a good idea considering the consequences if you get caught.

No wahala... I appreciate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 4:41pm On Jul 27, 2020
Paid online as part of the online application.
Acuna91:

Thanks.
So, the money will be paid together with the Visa fee or paid when already in UK?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:44pm On Jul 27, 2020
AWFCNAIJA:

Withdraw to PayPal or any of the other virtual payment merchants

Ok so that doesn't link to your NI as such until the day something happens

However this is a public forum so we only support doing the right thing and if the rules says no self employment for tier 4 then so should it be really

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by reincarnation: 4:56pm On Jul 27, 2020
Chuukwudi:

Are you serious?
Yes

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by reincarnation: 5:03pm On Jul 27, 2020
bayosegun:

Source?
Emirates airline

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Tohlah1(m): 5:04pm On Jul 27, 2020
Good afternoon, please I will like to know if a 16months( 1year and 4months) old baby will do a TBtest
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by eonwusah(m): 5:17pm On Jul 27, 2020
Please i want to ask something for anyone that have the idea to reply me. Must you show the school your 28 days statement of account after paying deposit before they issue CAS or do different schools have their own specific requirement for CAS.Waiting for response.Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 27, 2020
eonwusah:
Please i want to ask something for anyone that have the idea to reply me. Must you show the school your 28 days statement of account after paying deposit before they issue CAS or do different schools have their own specific requirement for CAS.Waiting for response.Thank you

No not all schools. Some schools will interview you before they issue your cas while some will issue your cas once you have paid your deposit.

It depends on your school. Once you pay your deposit they tell you the next step or they issue your cas.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Donracy: 5:26pm On Jul 27, 2020
Alright thanks so much.

mimilyrics:
I think you're mixing it up with the 28-days requirement.
Even though you have to show the money you need for 28 days prior to your online application, the printed account statement must not be older than 31 days on the date of your biometrics appointment, not online application.
You have up till the day of your biometrics to upload your documents so it shouldn't be a problem.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Akchi32: 5:49pm On Jul 27, 2020
Not all schools. My school didn't ask for interview or bank statement. I paid my deposit and CAS was sent to me. It's different for every school.

eonwusah:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 5:52pm On Jul 27, 2020
Make it the last reason... Highlight the pros of the school and the course. Find out additional programs you may have access to. Make it about your study not necessary living conditions. This is a key question during Visa interview

Cheers

toyclicks:
Thanks, its just one of the reasons

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by moomanpg: 6:13pm On Jul 27, 2020
Well I think Uber is not self employed from my understanding of this article from UK VISA in the link below.

https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/blog/6257/A-working-definition

toyclicks:
Uber would have been the thing for me
I wanted to even get an international driver's license before leaving
But on learning about its contradiction to tier 4 rules undecided

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 6:16pm On Jul 27, 2020
Thank you

duchess90:
Make it the last reason... Highlight the pros of the school and the course. Find out additional programs you may have access to. Make it about your study not necessary living conditions. This is a key question during Visa interview

Cheers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mobilipia(f): 6:17pm On Jul 27, 2020
Tohlah1:
Good afternoon, please I will like to know if a 16months( 1year and 4months) old baby will do a TBtest
they'll just do physical examination for the child not TB test. But you'll still pay N23, 000 plus.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 6:20pm On Jul 27, 2020
Hmmm

Thank you

moomanpg:
Well I think Uber is not self employed from my understanding of this article from UK VISA in the link below.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 6:23pm On Jul 27, 2020
When there is so much debate and translation of any situation. Best to say avoid it and choose something more straightforward. Uber interpretation has been severally debated. Make sure you go with a sane , less confusing job when working as a student

Cheers

toyclicks:
Hmmm

Thank you

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Clarine: 6:29pm On Jul 27, 2020
Chuukwudi:
I just sent you a mail.
I am in same boat. I need a 2bed room in Teesside.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by RealBae: 6:30pm On Jul 27, 2020
Hello
Please I didn’t get the mail
Can you give me the information send here

Thank you

peterveo:

Check your mail
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Geesucc: 6:31pm On Jul 27, 2020
What schools this?
Akchi32:
Not all schools. My school didn't ask for interview or bank statement. I paid my deposit and CAS was sent to me. It's different for every school.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by hadidej: 6:32pm On Jul 27, 2020
Hello House, I plan to stay in London for the 2weeks quarantine before moving to Coventry. Do you think this will be acceptable at the point of entry?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:40pm On Jul 27, 2020
hadidej:
Hello House, I plan to stay in London for the 2weeks quarantine before moving to Coventry. Do you think this will be acceptable at the point of entry?

Sure... why not. If you have somewhere in london
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Tohlah1(m): 6:48pm On Jul 27, 2020
Thank you
Mobilipia:
they'll just do physical examination for the child not TB test. But you'll still pay N23, 000 plus.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by hadidej: 7:02pm On Jul 27, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Sure... why not. If you have somewhere in london

So you think I can self isolate with relatives living in London when my final destination is Coventry?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by hadidej: 7:05pm On Jul 27, 2020
Kindly ignore please. Just saw my answers... Thank you Lagos.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:08pm On Jul 27, 2020
moomanpg:

Do you mind explaining your understanding of that article in particularly regarding self employment?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by BouharryArtikou: 7:30pm On Jul 27, 2020
moomanpg:

Let’s assume (Without conceding) that Uber is not self-employed.
How will a tier-4 student (not on PhD) meet the years of experience requirement for Uber?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by BouharryArtikou: 7:37pm On Jul 27, 2020
moomanpg:

Amazing....you posted a link, and your understanding.

I clicked on the link.

And saw the paragraph attached.

Biko, did you read the link you sent?

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (721)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.