Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,598 members, 7,888,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:04 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1125349 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 6:41pm On May 16, 2020
Yes many but not all U.K. universities accept nothing less than C6 but you must submit your Original WAEC certificate and make sure it tally’s with your date of birth to avoid any problems.

Some universities also ask for just scratch card but it’s time consuming (to get offer). So just upload your WAEC certificate if available.

P:S : Result should not be too old, else you will need letter of studies in English to back it up
Kcivskod:
I had B3 in my waec result can I use that in applying for admission in the UK cos I was thinking I need IELTS so have been reading for ur but seeing post here stating it's not needed that 1 can use WAEC result to apply

How true is that And is it all schools that accept it??

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 16, 2020
Kcivskod:
I had B3 in my waec result can I use that in applying for admission in the UK cos I was thinking I need IELTS so have been reading for ur but seeing post here stating it's not needed that 1 can use WAEC result to apply

How true is that And is it all schools that accept it??
Use your WAEC certificate. Dont waste money on IELTS.

By the way, what school do you intend to study so I can let you know the English language requirements.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 7:28pm On May 16, 2020
Congratulations
For other aspirants, Roehampton also accepts HND for MBA if you have a good work experience. Lincoln University and Solent too.
Tolextonia:
Hello everyone! I have testimony to share. I am a HND graduate. I thought I can’t apply for direct masters degree, so decided to apply for a year top up degree at University of Sunderland (which I was given conditional offer).

Two weeks later something came into my mind that I should be able to apply for masters degree program because of my significant years of work experience. Later that day someone mentioned Sheffield Hallam University on this thread. I googled the institution and found out that they can accept HND as long as you have significant work experience in that field. I applied for MSC Accounting and Finance (Although I first checked their modules to be sure it’s what will add value to my career) on their website and was given Unconditional offer letter to study in their university (MSc Accounting and finance Jan 2021 session).

I also read about the University’s alumni reviews about the institution online and saw that 90% were positive news.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 16, 2020
Is 1yr program with 6 months advance practice and tuition fee that was given to me was £7500 and scholarship of £1500, thereby making the balance to

be £6000.

I don't know if I am to pay additional tuition fee for the advance placement although I just sent mail to the school regarding that for further clarification because it wasn't stated in my offer letter.

Skymoore1004:
I would have said go for Teeside because of the cost but Public health will secure you a job faster. The £5500 is for 1st year right? Then £7500 second year?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 7:37pm On May 16, 2020
Same here dear..Thanks

HollateeK247:
Thank you for your reply
Success in your forthcoming IELTS exams.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 7:48pm On May 16, 2020
Please can you put a screenshot of your offer? Thought you said £5500 before? You can remove your details. So you can be guided better.
I doubt tuition for the whole programme is £5500 or £6000. That’s for 1st year from my own knowledge sha
anthonanik:

Is 1yr program with 6 months advance practice and tuition fee that was given to me was £7500 and scholarship of £1500, thereby making the balance to

be £6000.

I don't know if I am to pay additional tuition fee for the advance placement although I just sent mail to the school regarding that for further clarification because it wasn't stated in my offer letter.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by STENON(f): 7:50pm On May 16, 2020
Skymoore1004:
@hosey please don’t annoy our madman here o smiley @Stenon sorry no too vex cheesy

Everyone has their opinion about things.
When I read your post initially; me sef vex.
However, I reasoned from your perspective later and also reasoned with Aproko and others.

The whites are not God, but blacks also get their own wahala sometimes. Regardless as everyone has said, let’s just learn to carry ourselves with dignity wherever we go and know our rights/background.

Let’s end this now please dears
Thanks bro, let him come and be romancing on my post here. I can see its giving him more pleasure grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by IsJustGrace: 10:26pm On May 16, 2020
[quote author=anthonanik post=89622328]

be £6000.

Your offer letter states that your fee is 7,500 per year so you will pay 7, 500 in the second year.
Your scholarship is 2,000 not 1,500.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 10:50pm On May 16, 2020
hosey:

Use your WAEC certificate. Dont waste money on IELTS.

By the way, what school do you intend to study so I can let you know the English language requirements.

This is not correct.
This information is misleading.
Writing IELTS is not waste of money. Some schools require it. Some courses require it.

Skymoore1004 already provided the right answer to the question.

Skymoore1004:
Yes many but not all U.K. universities accept nothing less than C6 but you must submit your Original WAEC certificate and make sure it tally’s with your date of birth to avoid any problems.

Some universities also ask for just scratch card but it’s time consuming (to get offer). So just upload your WAEC certificate if available.

P:S : Result should not be too old, else you will need letter of studies in English to back it up
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 11:05pm On May 16, 2020
LaaJiblik:

This is not correct.
This information is misleading.
Writing IELTS is not waste of money. Some schools require it. Some courses require it.

Skymoore1004 already provided the right answer to the question.

Ya. Saying same thing. WAEC or NECO is usually accepted.

Most UK schools accept WAEC and NECO Englush C6. So doing IELTS for those schools is a waste of money.

That is why I asked for the name of university to know if the school accepts WAEC/NECO or not.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 11:15pm On May 16, 2020
hosey:

Ya. Saying same thing. WAEC or NECO is usually accepted.

Most UK schools accept WAEC and NECO Englush C6. So doing IELTS for those schools is a waste of money.

That is why I asked for the name of university to know if the school accepts WAEC/NECO or not.

Hosey:

I had this discussion with you some time back.

Please, accept that you offered incorrect advice.
Writing IELTS is NOT waste of money.
Some schools require it.

Skymoore1004 already provided an accurate answer to the question.
You did not need to muddy the waters by supplying wrong and misleading information.

Simply tell the OP to check with his prospective school, rather than say it’s a waste of time, then asking the OP to tell you the name of the Prospective school (As though you are a custodian of UK universities admission requirements database).

No go overdo please.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 11:57pm On May 16, 2020
LaaJiblik:

Hosey:

I had this discussion with you some time back.

Please, accept that you offered incorrect advice.
Writing IELTS is NOT waste of money.
Some schools require it.

Skymoore1004 already provided an accurate answer to the question.
You did not need to muddy the waters by supplying wrong and misleading information.

Simply tell the OP to check with his prospective school, rather than say it’s a waste of time, then asking the OP to tell you the name of the Prospective school (As though you are a custodian of UK universities admission requirements database).

No go overdo please.

IELTS is a waste of money if WAEC/NECO is accepted.
Apart from WAEC/NECO, the candidate can meet English requirement by providing English proficiency letter from the university. Also, UK NARIC certification can also make you meet the English requirements.

So the candidate should not waste his/her money on IELTS when there are other ways he or she can meet the English requirements of the school. There is also TOEFL, PTE and many other options.

Let the candidate ask the university English requirements and enquire from the school and can now go for the most convenient option for him or her.

I repeat, IELTS is a waste of money when there are other cheaper options. Many top schools like Imperial accept English WAEC C4 but not C6 . Stand your ground and suggest other options to the school to meet the English requirements.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 12:02am On May 17, 2020
grin grin cheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 12:14am On May 17, 2020
Dear prospective Applicant,
Most questions (especially about English Language requirement) are BEST answered by the prospective school. Different schools have different English language requirements. Even within the same Department or Division in the same school, the English language requirements may differ.

Do not, I repeat, do not allow ANY charlatan on this forum to give you the impression that you are wasting money if you register for an exams. What you should just do is contact your prospective school YOURSELF.

Some courses may accept WASSCE, some may not.
Some may accept a letter to show your studies have been in English Language, some may not.
Some may require IELTS, others have different requirements.

Bottom line: Do NOT listen to any wannabe who gives you a blanket statement that IELTS is waste of money.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 12:18am On May 17, 2020
grin grin grin I don laugh tire OMG!!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Tolextonia: 12:32am On May 17, 2020
LaaJiblik:
Dear prospective Applicant,
Most questions (especially about English Language requirement) are BEST answered by the prospective school. Different schools have different English language requirements. Even within the same Department or Division in the same school, the English language requirements may differ.

Do not, I repeat, do not allow ANY charlatan on this forum to give you the impression that you are wasting money if you register for an exams. What you should just do is contact your prospective school YOURSELF.

Some courses may accept WASSCE, some may not.
Some may accept a letter to show your studies have been in English Language, some may not.
Some may require IELTS, others have different requirements.

Bottom line: Do NOT listen to any wannabe who gives you a blanket statement that IELTS is waste of money.

Do you have issues with hosey? Why are you not understanding her simple English? There’s nothing bad in what she said. Please do not derail this thread abeg. I’m getting tired of all the arguments on this thread since yesterday

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 12:41am On May 17, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (721)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.