Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,863 members, 7,889,886 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:51 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (368) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1127315 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by iamlinton: 12:09pm On Sep 15, 2020
I sent you a mail. Please can you send the wakanow agent's number
toyclicks:

So I just got off the phone with Wakanow. the lady told me the promo on BA flights is for those under the ages of 30
so I am disqualified.

For the promo, the slots per day are limited. so if the slot for the day you intend to fly is finished, you will need to choose another date that still has available slots

Anyways Emirate was a good deal 252k, 2 hrs stop over in Dubai.

She also mention that C-19 test was compulsory including for BA travellers as it is an FG requirement and not just by airline requirement. So @naledis, you are right
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by AKB1ofLagos: 12:19pm On Sep 15, 2020
Hello, that person gave you wrong info. I am well over 35 and I got the student promo. Two of my friends also got it all 35years and above. People have been landing in the UK all week long via BA and no one did any C-19 test. Contact BA yourself. They just want to make sales through you.
toyclicks:

So I just got off the phone with Wakanow. the lady told me the promo on BA flights is for those under the ages of 30
so I am disqualified.

For the promo, the slots per day are limited. so if the slot for the day you intend to fly is finished, you will need to choose another date that still has available slots

She also mention that C-19 test was compulsory including for BA travellers as it is an FG requirement and not just by airline requirement. So @naledis, you are right

8 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Jazzman95: 12:23pm On Sep 15, 2020
Hello all... anyone here who did their biometrics and interview August 28th in Abuja and has heard anything from ukvi , please ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by neyobeatz: 12:32pm On Sep 15, 2020
[quote author=toyclicks post=93945862]Alright guys

Visa Approved
Here is my TL

Started this journey last year December
Initially chose Management as course of study.
I later remembered that NL was an info hub.
Got on this thread an d mentioned my course choice.
Some folks came up here and told me that I should not waste my money with that course that it is like going for a one year holiday in the UK at the cost of almost 10M investment. Rather I was advised to check the shortage list or choose anything related to IT. I wanted to settle for MIIT as it was an option that merged management with IT.
During this period, my Uni posted that they were going to start Fintech this 2020 sept session. I checked the course, it sited me excellently and it didn`t take long before I fell in love with it.
Course changed from Management to Fintech. Everything went smoothly but CAS was dragging and the wait was tiring. They finally told me CAS was gonna be ready one day. Later in the afternoon same day, School rep called me that he`s got a sad news. School can`t continue with Fintech for reasos beyond their control. CAS landed same day carrying FinTech as my course of study.
I reverted back to my MIIT jeje.
School took 2-3 days to effect change of course on UKVI

Submitted application on 28th of Aug
Made mistake on one of my parent`s DOB gave 3rd instead of 5th( I decided to leave it like that)
Got 14th Sept appointment date
Walk in - Monday 7th Sept. (They stopped face-to-face interview that day) so no interveiw
Bio metrics done same 7th Sept
Application transferred to DMC - 8th sept
Application received by DMC – 8th September
Application transferred back to VAC 10th September
Received this mail on 11th morning
Please be advised that a decision was made on your visa application today. Your documents and visa decision will now be returned by commercial courier to the visa application centre where you applied (unless you paid for the courier fee in which case it will be returned directly to you). This can take a few days and be subject to unforeseen delays so please wait for the visa application centre to advise you when your documents and decision are ready for collection.

Regards,
UKVI Pretoria
Application received by VAC 11th afternoon
Received mail to come for pick up a few minutes before 4pm on Friday 11th
Couldn’t concentrate on anything through the weekend
Picked up Passport on Monday morning 14th Sept that was initially supposed to be my scheduled interview date.
NB : I did no interview eventually neither face-to-face nor phone call.
It wasn’t a priority Visa, I only did walk in to bring interview date forward.

I rather subscribed to Abba’s Super priority and Super favour. Fortunately, He doesn’t have the capability to shame His own

Btw, special thanks to @Mimilyrics, too much of a darling, She literally got me to mail my SOP to her and did a thorough editing and fine tuning. See ehn, I leave holyspirit to do the prayer for you. You are loved.
This family has been invaluable. God bless @Seun Osewa

When is your resumption date??

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by natstryker(m): 12:40pm On Sep 15, 2020
Got a mail yesterday about deferred complex. Got another mail today that I have a telephone interview tomorrow. Who has done telephone interview should help me out with what I should expect. This is really frustrating. Supposed to have resumed yesterday, haven't paid for accomodation or booked my flight because of this visa delay. Na WA o!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 15, 2020
natstryker:
Got a mail yesterday about deferred complex. Got another mail today that I have a telephone interview tomorrow. Who has done telephone interview should help me out with what I should expect. This is really frustrating. Supposed to have resumed yesterday, haven't paid for accomodation or booked my flight because of this visa delay. Na WA o!

Please when was your interview/biometrics?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Chi360(f): 12:54pm On Sep 15, 2020
Abuja 28th Aug here! Haven’t heard anything yet

Jazzman95:
Hello all... anyone here who did their biometrics and interview August 28th in Abuja and has heard anything from ukvi , please ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Pwettybii: 1:03pm On Sep 15, 2020
Please how do you know if your application has been recieved by the dmc ,do you get an email ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 1:06pm On Sep 15, 2020
iamlinton:

I sent you a mail. Please can you send the wakanow agent's number

Check Instagram and send them a DM directly. That’s what I did
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 1:08pm On Sep 15, 2020
toyclicks:

so I am disqualified.

I’m a little over 30 and no one asked for my age when I was booking the flight. I think they said that to discourage you. Regarding the test, BA doesn’t require one but I think FG does even for departing passengers. It now boils down to the airport officials on the day you’re traveling. Some may ask , others may not. It’s a gamble and one would be better off having the test result ready to show if asked
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by QueensRoad1: 1:12pm On Sep 15, 2020
Pwettybii:
Please how do you know if your application has been recieved by the dmc ,do you get an email ?

Track it with the Ukvi website or download the TLSCONTACT app
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 1:12pm On Sep 15, 2020
pittoilet:
Just a quick one guys. Has anyone been able to get PTA (personal travel allowance) from his or her bank?

I called my GTB account manager. He said PTA sales are yet to resume and even when it does, PTA is not available for one-way travelers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by natstryker(m): 1:18pm On Sep 15, 2020
Did mine on the 27th of August in Abuja
Aprokodaughter:

Please when was your interview/biometrics?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by natstryker(m): 1:20pm On Sep 15, 2020
Is this PTA the same as BTA?
naledis:

I called my GTB account manager. He said PTA sales are yet to resume and even when it does, PTA is not available for one-way travelers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 1:21pm On Sep 15, 2020
natstryker:

No they’re different. PTA - personal. BTA - business.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:23pm On Sep 15, 2020
natstryker:

PTA is Personal Travel allowance $4,000
BTA Is Business travel allowance $5,000

So essentially one is sold to person / personal use the other is sold for a business purpose
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bjpumps(f): 1:28pm On Sep 15, 2020
It is 14th of September for Induction. I join on-line now, would leave in the first week of October, 2020.

neyobeatz:

Congratulations! When is your resumption date??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamalicious007: 1:28pm On Sep 15, 2020
Jazzman95:

I did mine 28th August Abuja. Have not heard from them, have not been able to sleep well as I keep tracking my application, mail and missed calls. Besides my school resumes 21st September. May God help us in waiting for our visa approval

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by emyboy94: 1:32pm On Sep 15, 2020
thanks for the encouragement

toyclicks:
It's nothing to worry about ooo and pls don't let that demoralise you in anyway. Further insights I have gotten makes it clear that on the long run, its not about what you get, but rather what you do with what you get. In all your getting, make sure you accumulate experience in your field of interest. I gather that's what gives the edge. Btw, nothing stops you from adding short term professional courses in your related field too.

Ultimately, NEVER OVERRULE THE GOD FACTOR. THAT ALONE OVERRULES EVERYTHING

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Luvdbyursista(m): 1:43pm On Sep 15, 2020
Luvdbyursista:
Please, when uploading my documents on the TLS website where does ATAS certificate come under?..Studies Evidence??
Pls someone help.me with this
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 2:02pm On Sep 15, 2020
Luvdbyursista:

Pls someone help.me with this

A quick internet search reveals that the ATAS certificate its a government issued certificate concerning your course of study, so in your shoes I would place it under "Studies".

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Akomosule: 2:04pm On Sep 15, 2020
Good afternoon house

Please which of the TLS is best for walk in??

And can I pay for priority service at TLS centre or it must be online??

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Pogbaj: 2:07pm On Sep 15, 2020
Please,do I require a covid-19 test if I’ll be traveling through turkish airways?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by lukzy500: 2:09pm On Sep 15, 2020
Pogbaj:
Please,do I require a covid-19 test if I’ll be traveling through turkish airways?

Avoid that airline, u will need to pay for visa to join connecting flight cos u are changing airport
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Jazzman95: 2:21pm On Sep 15, 2020
mamalicious007:

I did mine 28th August Abuja. Have not heard from them, have not been able to sleep well as I keep tracking my application, mail and missed calls. Besides my school resumes 21st September. May God help us in waiting for our visa approval

It’s crazy! Hopefully before the end of the week

(1) (2) (3) ... (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) ... (721)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.