Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,991 members, 7,873,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:35 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (508) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1119755 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by omopapa: 4:18am On Oct 10, 2020
They MUST declare the refusals, a simple search of DOB and biometric details on UKVI database will reveal who they are.

I will advise they get official documents like sworn court affidavit and newspaper publication to declare their change of name (Not too late).

Then explain the reason (maybe religious) for the name change in next application

It’s been over 10 years since the last visa refusal, even if they were banned, they would have served the ban. So it’s best to give as much info as possible.

However, under the GDPR, you have the right to request for information owed by UKVI about you. You can request for your previous visa applications and it is completely FOC. Yes! FREE

firstLadyy:
Guys pls, a friend of mine wants to apply as a dependant and has had 2 uk refusals for undergraduate studies in 2007 and 2009. The name he used then is quite different from what hes using now. he used Ndubisi Obiora then, but his current passport is carrying Paul Obiora same date of birth, pic, signature n all.
1. Should he declare the refusals since its not the same name he's currently using?
2. he cannot find the first refusal letter and cannot remember why he was refused. What can he do in this case.
Pls gurus in the house, what's ur take on this?
@justwise @mimilyrics @LagosismyHome other guru pls help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by omopapa: 4:25am On Oct 10, 2020
Get in touch with your uni to change the details and to give you another CAS letter.

Otherwise stick both passports together and use the new passport number in your application.

Swiftlee:
I have my CAS already! My passport has expired and I am getting a renewal next week before applying for VISA.

Will this affect my application in anyway, since I am going to have a new passport number different from the one on my CAS?

Regards.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by omopapa: 4:36am On Oct 10, 2020
Yes, the letter is like a way of giving his consent and to declare that the money is available for you to spend. Also, don’t forget the birth certificate as that’s the only genuine document that link you to him

pwettyhardey:

Do my dad need to write sponsorship letter too?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Tboyq(m): 6:11am On Oct 10, 2020
Please I have a quick question, I have this friend of mine that stays in London but he goes to work very early in the morning and comes back late in the evening

Can I self isolate at his house

Please if there is any group for Northumbria students ,I would like to be added too..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bobotope: 6:26am On Oct 10, 2020
pwettyhardey:

I'm planning to apply tomorrow. What date were you given before you did walk in.
I'm doing priority and walk in too
I picked 7th of October on the site and my dependant got 20th of October but we both did walk-in on the 5th

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Thanksss: 6:33am On Oct 10, 2020
R0LL0N:

U mean 4900+deposit (1500)=6400 for first installment before enrollment.
When would the scholarship of 1500 be deducted. Is it at second installment i.e second semester
You are paying atleast 4900 at enrollment that BCU rule,If u are given 1500 scholarship they will deduct it from your first enrollment fee which is 6400(50% )I.e
6400-1500 scholarship=4900.
4900-1500 deposit= 3400 to pay by January.
I hope this help

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bobotope: 6:34am On Oct 10, 2020
pwettyhardey:
Good evening Nairalanders,
I'm planning to apply for my visa tomorrow and want to confirm if I have all the required documents. The documents I have
1. BSC CERT
2 TRANSCRIPT
3 WAEC AND ENGLISH LETTER OF PROFICIENCY
4. MY FATHER'S BANK STATEMENT FROM 8th September to 7th September
5. IOM TB test result.

I would love if anyone can vet this for me and let me know if I still need other things and some things I need to know. I'm doing it myself.
@lagosismyhome @mimilyrics @mamacajah @guyfromHR.
Thanks everyone
Take a closer look at your CAS and read through what your school used in giving the admission because that's basically what you need to provide. Others will be TB certificate,the account with your birth certificate with your father's name written on it

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by R0LL0N(m): 7:00am On Oct 10, 2020
Thanksss:

You are paying atleast 4900 at enrollment that BCU rule,If u are given 1500 scholarship they will deduct it from your first enrollment fee which is 6400(50% )I.e
6400-1500 scholarship=4900.
4900-1500 deposit= 3400 to pay by January.
I hope this help
Very helpful thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by R0LL0N(m): 7:04am On Oct 10, 2020
Good morning friends. Please kindly help me look at this previous US bi/b2 visa denial. Please how do I state the reason for the denial when applying for UK student visa. The letter doesn't clearly state it.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:58am On Oct 10, 2020
Fabfive:
Good evening, Justwise, Mimi and anyone who has ever received calls regarding their applications :

I missed a call from the British High Commission Abuja, even though we applied in Lagos. No prior emails notifying us of the call. I’m guessing they called because of my dependant’s application as I’ve already received my own visa.

It’s been 2 days after and they haven’t called back.
I’m just wondering it this has ever happened to anyone and are calls usually from here (Lagos/Abuja)?. I thought the calls were from the Decision making offices in UK or Pretoria? Do they call from Nigeria as well?

Pls help clarify if you have answers.

Thanks!

There is nothing unusual about this , they can call you from anywhere and many have received such call.

Did you try to call back?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SandraDee: 8:00am On Oct 10, 2020
No strong ties to Nigeria

R0LL0N:
Good morning friends. Please kindly help me look at this previous US bi/b2 visa denial. Please how do I state the reason for the denial when applying for UK student visa. The letter doesn't clearly state it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 8:01am On Oct 10, 2020
firstLadyy:
Guys pls, a friend of mine wants to apply as a dependant and has had 2 uk refusals for undergraduate studies in 2007 and 2009. The name he used then is quite different from what hes using now. he used Ndubisi Obiora then, but his current passport is carrying Paul Obiora same date of birth, pic, signature n all.
1. Should he declare the refusals since its not the same name he's currently using?
2. he cannot find the first refusal letter and cannot remember why he was refused. What can he do in this case.
Pls gurus in the house, what's ur take on this?
@justwise @mimilyrics @LagosismyHome other guru pls help

1. Declare it and give reason for the change of name.

2. State that you have been refused before but can not remember the reason
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ipassu: 8:04am On Oct 10, 2020

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Fabfive: 8:15am On Oct 10, 2020
Thanks for your response.
Yes I called back but got the pre-recorded response to go to website for abc and xyz.

Called UKVI, the person who picked said they won’t be able to tell who or why they’re trying to reach me. I guess I’ll just wait.

Just wanted to be sure if anyone had received calls from within Nigeria. And also if the call came without being notified by mail initially.

I guess we’ll just wait and watch. Thanks!

justwise:

There is nothing unusual about this , they can call you from anywhere and many have received such call.

Did you try to call back?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Omah7979: 9:01am On Oct 10, 2020
Please gurus my passport stickers is saying valid from 01/10/2020 and valid until 30/12/2020 please is this a mistake and how do I correct it please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by covidia: 9:17am On Oct 10, 2020
That’s the how long the vignette is valid for.
If you are looking for visa duration it’s on the letter
Omah7979:
Please gurus my passport stickers is saying valid from 01/10/2020 and valid until 30/12/2020 please is this a mistake and how do I correct it please

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nadheer15: 9:27am On Oct 10, 2020
Hi people,

I have pound domiciliary account with my cost of living, this was what I used for my application. I'd like to know how can I be able to move the funds to the UK. I don't wanna go with alot of cash.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nadheer15: 9:28am On Oct 10, 2020
Omah7979:
The sticker is valid for 90 days, after which if you aren't in the UK, you'd have to connect UKVI

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by covidia: 9:28am On Oct 10, 2020
If you have a Dom card I think you can use it to transact.
Nadheer15:
Hi people,

I have pound domiciliary account with my cost of living, this was what I used for my application. I'd like to know how can I be able to move the funds to the UK. I don't wanna go with alot of cash.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nadheer15: 9:32am On Oct 10, 2020
covidia:
If you have a Dom card I think you can use it to transact.
An app thingy? I've paid all my fees and the pound is there, but then I want to be careful. I heard Nigerian mastercard doesn't work, another concern
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pwettyhardey(f): 9:32am On Oct 10, 2020
bobotope:

I picked 7th of October on the site and my dependant got 20th of October but we both did walk-in on the 5th
You both paid 40k when you got there right.
Can you please run me through how it went?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by covidia: 9:59am On Oct 10, 2020
If you have a Visa card for the domiciliary account you should be able to withdraw no issues
Nadheer15:
An app thingy? I've paid all my fees and the pound is there, but then I want to be careful. I heard Nigerian mastercard doesn't work, another concern
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Omah7979: 10:14am On Oct 10, 2020
Thank you but my friends own is till 2021 December
covidia:
That’s the how long the vignette is valid for.
If you are looking for visa duration it’s on the letter
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Omah7979: 10:14am On Oct 10, 2020
Thanks I appreciate
Nadheer15:
The sticker is valid for 90 days, after which if you aren't in the UK, you'd have to connect UKVI
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by MzDebzz: 10:28am On Oct 10, 2020
Please has anyone had issues with Tuberculosis screening at IOM and had to wait for weeks to get the certificate due to inconclusive X-ray. How long was the wait and what was the outcome? Anyone with such experience should please share with me. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Swiftlee(m): 11:28am On Oct 10, 2020
omopapa:
Get in touch with your uni to change the details and to give you another CAS letter.

Otherwise stick both passports together and use the new passport number in your application.

Alright, thank you so much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by unclepopo2(m): 11:45am On Oct 10, 2020
Good day everyone, please is proficiency in English a requirement when applying for admission to the U.k, please i need a response as I'm planning on using my neco instead of waec to apply for master's. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by obodooma: 11:49am On Oct 10, 2020
Pls advise I have gotten my visa. While applying for my partner at the point of payment it is saying she is exempted from paying IHS.

Please who has noticed this recently.

(1) (2) (3) ... (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.