Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,083 members, 7,873,459 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:17 PM

Scorpion Venom, The Most Expensive Liquid In The World - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Scorpion Venom, The Most Expensive Liquid In The World (1840 Views)

25 Most Expensive World Currencies In 2019 / How To Make 20 Litres Of Liquid Soap With #2000 / Aliyu Abubakar's House: The Most Expensive Mansion In Abuja, Land Cost N1Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scorpion Venom, The Most Expensive Liquid In The World by cfree14(m): 7:52pm On Apr 25, 2020
The death stalker is one of the most dangerous scorpions on the planet, and what makes it so dangerous also happens to be the most expensive liquid in the world. This stuff costs $39 million per gallon. Now, even if you had the money, you couldn't just go and buy a gallon of the stuff, because you can only get it in tiny, minuscule amounts. $130 will get you a droplet that's smaller than a grain of sugar.

The reason why is pretty simple: the stuff is hard to get. Scorpions are almost always milked by hand, one by one. And one scorpion produces, at the most, just two milligrams of venom at a time.

So, let's do the math. If you owned one scorpion you would have to milk it 2.64 million times to fill a gallon. And let's face it, you'd probably get stung along the way as well. One sting isn't enough to kill a healthy human, but I think it hurts.

The Scorpion venom is worth a whopping $39,000,000 an eqivelent of N15,000,000,000 per gallon. Second on this planet is King Cobra Venom at $153,000/gallon and that should give you an inkling of what makes scorpion venom so damn expensive.

scientists are finding out that venomous proteins can be used in medicine. Researchers have had success, for example, in using scorpion venom to treat brain tumors in humans. Instead of causing harm to healthy nerve and muscle cells, venom such as chlorotoxin can be used to block signals from cancer cells.

In addition, scorpion venom has also been used to eliminate malaria from mosquitos. All this is what makes scorpion venom extremely popular and pricy.
Re: Scorpion Venom, The Most Expensive Liquid In The World by DCMIX(m): 7:59pm On Apr 25, 2020
I think I need to change business

2 Likes

Re: Scorpion Venom, The Most Expensive Liquid In The World by illicit(m): 8:11pm On Apr 25, 2020
orisirisi

1 Like

Re: Scorpion Venom, The Most Expensive Liquid In The World by OdefaGirl(f): 8:25pm On Apr 25, 2020
If I start rearing it, will someone come milk it for me?
Re: Scorpion Venom, The Most Expensive Liquid In The World by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 25, 2020
Inukwa. This is a nice business then.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scorpion Venom, The Most Expensive Liquid In The World by sapeleboi(m): 9:16pm On Apr 25, 2020
see your life, small time now them go tell you say shit na 30k dollar you go change business
DCMIX:
I think I need to change business

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scorpion Venom, The Most Expensive Liquid In The World by Timileyin1234(m): 10:04pm On Apr 25, 2020
Please who is milking it.
I killed 2 scorpions in my compound last week and I throw them away. So na money I throway so cry

2 Likes

Re: Scorpion Venom, The Most Expensive Liquid In The World by Petrodirect: 1:33am On Apr 26, 2020
New idea loading
Re: Scorpion Venom, The Most Expensive Liquid In The World by DCMIX(m): 8:52pm On Apr 26, 2020
sapeleboi:
see your life, small time now them go tell you say shit na 30k dollar you go change business
yes o. I go also do giveaway for nairaland with the sh!t money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scorpion Venom, The Most Expensive Liquid In The World by neutralmind: 9:32pm On Apr 26, 2020
Nigeria should invest heavily in this business. It's more profitable than crude oil.

We need to diversify our income as a nation

(1) (Reply)

Is Logistics/ Delivery Business With Bikes Lucrative / Fish Farming / What Yardstick Can We Use To Measure Nigerians Who Earned Their Wealth Genuinely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.