Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,158 members, 7,887,367 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:38 AM

Why Do Other Tribes Marry Earlier Than Igbos? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Other Tribes Marry Earlier Than Igbos? (2670 Views)

If Igbo Girl Born For You Marrying Her Because Harder Unlike Other Tribes. / Can The Tiv And Igede Tribes Marry Each Other? / Why Are Other Tribes So Concerned About The Expensive Igbo Bride Price Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Other Tribes Marry Earlier Than Igbos? by Glink2018(m): 6:58pm On Apr 26, 2020
MPESA:

Yes right now am jobless due to lockdown but am not a fool like you who derives joy from promoting tribal war amongs tribes ,Rereads your first post.... Igbo's follows traditions and customs and bride's price are matter of choice from 10 naira to any amount her father decides to collect....

P.s

Responding to BMC and APC miscreants NA insults to me.

P.as
Igbo not Igbo as you said you not bigotry, check all your quotes on Nairaland.

You have admitted that you are jobless but you are also a fool because you thought that lockdown is equal non-productivity. Despite the lockdown, People are still working at home.
Re: Why Do Other Tribes Marry Earlier Than Igbos? by MPESA(m): 7:37pm On Apr 26, 2020
Glink2018:

You have admitted that you are jobless but you are also a fool because you thought that lockdown is equal non-productivity. Despite the lockdown, People are still working at home.

It's better to be jobless here in this my location than to be stup.d and working as a BMC and APC online foot soldier in Nigeria..

P.s
Stop been bigotry and get a life BTW it's seems Nigeria under your pay master Buhari and APC is not working for you because you sounds so frustrated...Get a life Sir tongue.
Re: Why Do Other Tribes Marry Earlier Than Igbos? by Glink2018(m): 8:50pm On Apr 26, 2020
MPESA:

It's better to be jobless here in this my location than to be stup.d and working as a BMC and APC online foot soldier in Nigeria..

P.s
Stop been bigotry and get a life BTW it's seems Nigeria under your pay master Buhari and APC is not working for you because you sounds so frustrated...Get a life Sir tongue.

My ambition is beyond BMC or APC online foot soldier

, how much do they want to pay me?
It's high time you started respecting people's diverse opinions instead of naming people wrongly.
Re: Why Do Other Tribes Marry Earlier Than Igbos? by KingNom(m): 3:44pm On Apr 27, 2020
Most times true
Re: Why Do Other Tribes Marry Earlier Than Igbos? by omoharry(f): 7:49pm On Apr 27, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Lies hausa marriage doesn't last an inche I've stay in the north before so i know what i'm talking about
Exactly.Their divorce nor Dey hard -all they need to say is “I divorce you “(x3) and the marriage is over .Their divorce rate is the highest as compared to the Igbos and the yorubas.
Re: Why Do Other Tribes Marry Earlier Than Igbos? by Myrainbow333: 6:39pm On May 03, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtMIMzH_LzM
Watch this very Hilarious comedy as Emmanuella and his Teacher are caught doing it inside alone ..lol,
*Please subscribe to my new YouTube channel the old is having some issues*������
Re: Why Do Other Tribes Marry Earlier Than Igbos? by onez: 7:30pm On May 03, 2020
This is true. Igbos don't marry early. They however have the strongest marriage institution in Nigeria. Divorce in Igbo land is quite hard. It comes with a lot of stigma. Divorce must literally be endorsed by your kindred otherwise a divorced wife will still be regarded as a member of the family. Those who have taken this route know how difficult it is. You can't just chase a wife you called an entire kindred to go and marry. The entire kindred must hear from the wife before you divorce her. It becomes a bit easier when you have money and clout. Yet community will have the final say. Community still regard the first wives of Jim Nwobodo and Sullivan Chime (Both former governors of Enugu state) as the authentic wives. Divorce is not easy in Igbo land.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Other Tribes Marry Earlier Than Igbos? by kendological(m): 11:46am On May 04, 2020
roughdiamond:
Hausa marriages last as well. I found out that most of my brother's secondary school friends in Jos got married before they completed their secondary school education. Some married during their higher institution. They are very happy with their families. I can't tell about the Yorubas because I haven't really stayed with them. But most late marriages are usually found among Igbos
Hausa divorce and remarry more than anyone.
Yoruba, Igbira and Edo have more single parents and broken homes.
Igbos marry late.
Re: Why Do Other Tribes Marry Earlier Than Igbos? by Myrainbow333: 6:28pm On May 17, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXRdq8uL-Dw

This FUNNY VIDEO is hilarious. It will make you laugh. Mark Angel has learnt his lessson the hard way after ignoring Emanuella
Re: Why Do Other Tribes Marry Earlier Than Igbos? by PuZZyNegro: 9:14am On Jul 06, 2020
kendological:

Hausa divorce and remarry more than anyone.
Yoruba, Igbira and Edo have more single parents and broken homes.
Igbos marry late.

So, which of the three options are better? I think I would rather delay marriage than marry and divorce.

The single mother thing is becoming a norm now and it's quite worrisome.

The reason is because, girls from these tribes prefer irresponsible men that dye their hair, smoke, and sag their trousers.

An average Igbo girl knows better when choosing a boyfriend, that, those set of people can never take responsibility, thus, they go for mature, responsible men who know the value of a child and family
Re: Why Do Other Tribes Marry Earlier Than Igbos? by ForestHill: 10:30am On Jul 06, 2020
Lalasticlala, what's your say on this? cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Work Can I Do For You To Buy Me A Sewing Machine? / Single Life Is A Scam!! / What's The Best Way To Handle An Interfering Mother-in-law?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.