Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,901 members, 7,933,323 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 01:52 AM

Stop Cooking With Red Oil. See Why! (photos) - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Stop Cooking With Red Oil. See Why! (photos) (7444 Views)

How To Stop Cooking Gas Fire (important Info To Share). / My House Help Poured Detergent In Our Red Oil And We Have Eating It / Reply To Thread (stop Cooking With Red Oil. See Why! ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Cooking With Red Oil. See Why! (photos) by seanwilliam(m): 10:34am On Apr 26, 2020
teresafaith:
You're talking about Palm oil, what of akara and moi moi. Those who knows, know
live the op.. he never see where dem dey do locust beans,( irú)
Re: Stop Cooking With Red Oil. See Why! (photos) by potent5(m): 10:38am On Apr 26, 2020
aaking:
Nna na this type of oil de sweet weh weh wink wink wink
Tell them.

Do people even know all the processes the so-called vegetable oil passes through?
Re: Stop Cooking With Red Oil. See Why! (photos) by LilMissFavvy(f): 10:51am On Apr 26, 2020
Sure
lereinter:

It would have been better if Nigeria was a shithole through this palm oil production only.

But worst things
Re: Stop Cooking With Red Oil. See Why! (photos) by Meteng: 11:02am On Apr 26, 2020
My type of babe. Meeehn! See fine legs!

1 Like

Re: Stop Cooking With Red Oil. See Why! (photos) by Everrest9(m): 11:42am On Apr 26, 2020
That's what you hv bn eating since you were born.
Re: Stop Cooking With Red Oil. See Why! (photos) by Heavance(m): 1:00pm On Apr 26, 2020
GreatResearcher1:
A friend of mine sent me this. Damn!
That means you are yet to see how they do moimoi in the west.
Many of them use their legs for the beans. It's what I have seen very well.
Re: Stop Cooking With Red Oil. See Why! (photos) by JustWinniefred(f): 1:07pm On Apr 26, 2020
GreatResearcher1:
With their dirty feet. You know women with the rubbish to paint on their toes.
Fvck it! #TeamGroundnutOil

So u dont eat soup, or beans or ofada rice...
Re: Stop Cooking With Red Oil. See Why! (photos) by 2kurupt(m): 1:37pm On Apr 26, 2020
Lol, nothing new here. Some bottled wines are still processed this way

LilMissFavvy:
Terrible.... Nigeria is truly a shittthole
There's nothing Nigerian about it, even some of those brand of wines you cherish so much from Europe, Asia and America use same process

2 Likes

Re: Stop Cooking With Red Oil. See Why! (photos) by Nyenom: 1:40pm On Apr 26, 2020
GreatResearcher1:

TEAM TYPHOID FEVER COME CATCH YOUR BROTHER FOR HERE grin
GreatResearcher1:

TEAM TYPHOID FEVER COME CATCH YOUR BROTHER FOR HERE
Re: Stop Cooking With Red Oil. See Why! (photos) by GOVERNMENTBOY20: 1:56pm On Apr 26, 2020
I am just laughing
Re: Stop Cooking With Red Oil. See Why! (photos) by GOVERNMENTBOY20: 2:04pm On Apr 26, 2020
Everrest9:
That's what you hv bn eating since you were born.
the process unhygenic but it could be improved
Re: Stop Cooking With Red Oil. See Why! (photos) by Elimon(m): 2:24pm On Apr 26, 2020
GreatResearcher1:
A friend of mine sent me this. Damn!
Iffai!....
This is how it has been done since 1600
My grandpa died at 115 eating this one
Who are u?

3 Likes

Re: Stop Cooking With Red Oil. See Why! (photos) by Tremple8v: 2:40pm On Apr 26, 2020
I love this , I dont mind if they could sell the girls and the oil to me the same time . grin

1 Like

Re: Stop Cooking With Red Oil. See Why! (photos) by U1(m): 2:46pm On Apr 26, 2020
I don't see any big deal here. The palm oil I have consumed (mostly, if not all), especially during my childhood years, was made this way. I could remember seeing those folks, women in particular, doing it this way those years we regularly went to farm.

I thought the process should have been improved by now, though.
Re: Stop Cooking With Red Oil. See Why! (photos) by U1(m): 2:51pm On Apr 26, 2020
Heavance:

What "west"? I hope you are not trying to be tribalistic.

I have never seen anyone all my life around here treat beans meant for moi moi that way - God is my witness. And I am not a kid.

Maybe those who sell moi moi does it, but I have never witnessed it or seen people even reporting seeing such before now.
Re: Stop Cooking With Red Oil. See Why! (photos) by Keketu(m): 3:04pm On Apr 26, 2020
GreatResearcher1:
Petyprincess stop cooking for me with red oil.
hi bro , don't say this again okau?
Re: Stop Cooking With Red Oil. See Why! (photos) by fineboynl(m): 3:13pm On Apr 26, 2020
have you seen all this?

Re: Stop Cooking With Red Oil. See Why! (photos) by fineboynl(m): 3:15pm On Apr 26, 2020
ok

Re: Stop Cooking With Red Oil. See Why! (photos) by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 26, 2020
mejai:
Una get time explaining. To hell with the red oil, i am interested in the girl. Her contacts grin

Re: Stop Cooking With Red Oil. See Why! (photos) by AlexyA(m): 4:50pm On Apr 26, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3lulxEZd_k
a throwback to Nollywood movie Egg of life cast THEN and NOW
Re: Stop Cooking With Red Oil. See Why! (photos) by Heavance(m): 8:28pm On Apr 26, 2020
U1:

What "west"? I hope you are not trying to be tribalistic.

I have never seen anyone all my life around here treat beans meant for moi moi that way - God is my witness. And I am not a kid.

Maybe those who sell moi moi does it, but I have never witnessed it or seen people even reporting seeing such before now.
Na, not being tribalistic.
I used West because when I expressed my shock, people around were looking at me like I just saw something new.
I have seen a seller during Ramadan 2 years ago doing, and in boarding House it was always done by the women in the kitchen.
That's just the bitter truth, if I haven't seen it with my eyes, I won't say this.
Re: Stop Cooking With Red Oil. See Why! (photos) by Ellacindy: 8:03am On Apr 30, 2020
[b]Nsukka people of Enugu state.

They pound kernels with their feet.

Ellacindy I hope you are not from Nsukka

Am not from Nsukka
Re: Stop Cooking With Red Oil. See Why! (photos) by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 30, 2020
teresafaith:
As in, fufu too
Just like they are washing all arms in it
Re: Stop Cooking With Red Oil. See Why! (photos) by ceeceeuwa: 12:54pm On Sep 30, 2020
Grape stomping for wine production.

Re: Stop Cooking With Red Oil. See Why! (photos) by linnyx: 6:58pm On Sep 30, 2020
Wine making follows the same process even to date though there are machines in use nowadays but still they make use of the good old grape stomping.

You can like to stop drinking wine.

Re: Stop Cooking With Red Oil. See Why! (photos) by eyinjuege: 8:11pm On Sep 30, 2020
Stop drinking wine
Stop using tomato paste for pasta
Yen yen yen yen yen.
The self hate is real

Re: Stop Cooking With Red Oil. See Why! (photos) by eyinjuege: 8:18pm On Sep 30, 2020
Heavance:

Lies.
Beans for moi moi and akara are grinded with the grinding machine regardless of the quantity.
Every boarding house had a grinding machine in their kitchens for their peppers/tomatoes and whatever.
There is no juice or oils in beans that will warrant you stomping on it. Grapes, tomatos, palm kernel have juice /oil in them that can be extracted when you stomp on them. Beans is dry
Re: Stop Cooking With Red Oil. See Why! (photos) by Heavance(m): 2:11pm On Oct 01, 2020
eyinjuege:

Lies.
Beans for moi moi and akara are grinded with the grinding machine regardless of the quantity.
Every boarding house had a grinding machine in their kitchens for their peppers/tomatoes and whatever.
There is no juice or oils in beans that will warrant you stomping on it. Grapes, tomatos, palm kernel have juice /oil in them that can be extracted when you stomp on them. Beans is dry
Hahahahaha...
I won't come here to say what I have not seen with my two eyes. When I opened my mouth, my friends were surprise at my surprise sef.
I even saw another during the Muslim fasting season 4 years ago, this was what prompted my selection of were I buy moimoi or akara from.
I am not a tribal person, but with what I have experienced, I won't come here to discredit a tribe.
Re: Stop Cooking With Red Oil. See Why! (photos) by merieam16(f): 8:42pm On Oct 01, 2020
teresafaith:
no loud am too much dey no go dey patronize us again grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It True That Men Can Smell When Women Are Hot? / 13 Questions For Feminists / Meet The Mother Of My 2 Adorable Children - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.