Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,294 members, 7,900,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 02:27 PM

Yahaya Bello Vows To Make Public Rape Allegation Leveled Against Commissioner - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yahaya Bello Vows To Make Public Rape Allegation Leveled Against Commissioner (322 Views)

Governorship Election: Bello Vows To Sack Kogi East LG Chairmen For Poll Defeat / 'Shame On You All’ – Yahaya Bello Vows To Punish Cabinet Members Over Betrayal / Shehu Sani: 'blogger' El-rufai, Make Public Your Assets Since You Didn't Steal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yahaya Bello Vows To Make Public Rape Allegation Leveled Against Commissioner by bolaayenimo: 5:52pm On Apr 26, 2020
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

The Kogi state government at the weekend said Governor Yahaya Bello will not cover up the investigation into the allegation of assault and rape leveled against Abdumumini Danga, the state’s Commissioner for Water Resources.

Elizabeth Oyeniyi, a beauty queen had alleged that Danga and assaulted and raped her over a post she made on Facebook which did not go down well with the embattled politician.

She said Danga ordered his boys to look for her and beat her up. Not done, she was ordered to strip naked and apologise to the commissioner thereafter. She also added that the commissioner took her to a hotel and raped her.

She said, “I left Abuja for Okene to stay with my friend because of the spread of the COVID-19 and on getting there, she explained to me that the commissioner, who is her stepbrother, had not been taking care of her”.

“I saw a post made by a local comedian showing the commissioner distributing foodstuffs to people and I made a post that charity should begin at home and that the commissioner should take care of his household before taking care of outsiders”.

“The comedian saw the post and screenshot it after insulting me in the comment section for making that kind of post. An hour later, some guys came to my friend’s house to pick us up on the instructions of the commissioner and they took us to Lokoja.

“On getting to Lokoja, I was beaten up by the commissioner and his boys; I was asked to strip naked and a video was made and my friend and I were made to apologise under duress to his fans and him that what I posted about him was wrong. He later took me to a hotel for the night and forcefully had sex with me.
However, some rights group in and outside the state had claimed that there were attempts to cover up the investigation as nothing has been heard since March when the incident happened.

However, speaking in an interview with Daily Independent, Hon. Kingsley Fanwo, the state’s Commissioner for Information and Communications, said Governor Yahaya Bello as a defender of girl child rights will never do anything to cover up the case.

He said the state government is still awaiting the outcome of the investigation and will be made public upon completion.

“The Governor is a democrat and a renowned defender of the girl child rights. He wouldn’t cover up such. He has directed security agents to thoroughly investigate the matter and ensure culprits are brought to book. As the leader of all, that was the best thing to do”.

“We are still awaiting the outcome of the investigations but I can assure that whatever the reports are will be made public. Justice will be served at the end of the day”, he said.
https://www.independent.ng/yahaya-bello-wont-cover-up-rape-allegation-leveled-against-commissioner-fanwo/

Re: Yahaya Bello Vows To Make Public Rape Allegation Leveled Against Commissioner by nairavsdollars(f): 5:57pm On Apr 26, 2020
i thought the Commissioner has been sacked since
Re: Yahaya Bello Vows To Make Public Rape Allegation Leveled Against Commissioner by Bola146(f): 5:59pm On Apr 26, 2020
nairavsdollars:
i thought the Commissioner has been sacked since

Only suspended... liers. They will just buried the case
Re: Yahaya Bello Vows To Make Public Rape Allegation Leveled Against Commissioner by nairavsdollars(f): 6:10pm On Apr 26, 2020
this is where we need human rights activist
Bola146:

Only suspended... liers. They will just buried the case

(1) (Reply)

Yobe State Governor, Suspends Village Head For Complaining Of Water Scarcity. / Oni Donates Locally Fabricated Disinfecting Machines To Combat COVID19 To Lagos / Reno Omokri Reacts As Lawal Izala Was Sentenced To Prison For Insulting Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.