Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,323 members, 7,881,195 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:09 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (288) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1220396 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 2:05pm On Sep 01, 2020
Jesus.. Why will u talk to anybody like this? How dare u call anybody a fool? U should learn how to talk.. While Frank is knowledgeble, dommakaveli lives in Canada and i have plenty friends over there that will never believe this exploitation theory that we're selling here.. I personally don't beleive they're trying to just deceive us to get money else they would have given everybody the AIP na but they didn't.. Air ur view without insults

femzyacess:
FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LEARN HOW TO TALK ....the reason why oyinbo will continue to exploit blacks...who told u they are gods without sin??why cant they exploit.... do u knw how economies run did u pass economics in sch? (100,000 applications world wide in the min multiply buy the application fees, do u knw what that comes to??) when funds are transferred to Canadian schs and by default to Canadian banks... do u know how NRFF works? net revenue from funds?? Coming here to spew nonsense without facts besides anyone who knows Frank, he speaks from a place of sound understanding.......be guided

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ConradAce1(m): 2:05pm On Sep 01, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Well said Sis!

It will end in praise.

when did they start processing an application in 3 days, a week or a month when the duration is at least 4 months. People should use their head & don’t get excited like kids who were shown sweets. When !!!
Till you get your final approved and your passport stamped, don’t get excited.
That 2 stages whatsoever just exposed them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fortuneforever: 2:15pm On Sep 01, 2020
I feel the best way for IRCC to prove that they care about international students is to make the study even if all is done online to count towards EE not just PGWP.
I don't think they are being tricky with their approach so far I will say they are being strategic ��� at least the money they gather is for their economy not like anyone is taking it to their personal accounts unlike a certain country �
they made it clear that AIP is not a guarantee so it's a choice they didn't force anyone, na you say you won go learn for their country they didn't beg you to come so why get mad at them �‍♀️�‍♀️�‍♀️

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DINO71: 2:15pm On Sep 01, 2020
Good day all,
Has anybody been requested to submit their passports against Fall 2020 admissions? I do have an AIP. Im wondering wether they may not request for passports since nobody will be able to access Canada now anyways.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 01, 2020
femzyacess:
FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LEARN HOW TO TALK ....the reason why oyinbo will continue to exploit blacks...who told u they are gods without sin??why cant they exploit.... do u knw how economies run did u pass economics in sch? (100,000 applications world wide in the min multiply buy the application fees, do u knw what that comes to??) when funds are transferred to Canadian schs and by default to Canadian banks... do u know how NRFF works? net revenue from funds?? Coming here to spew nonsense without facts besides anyone who knows Frank, he speaks from a place of sound understanding.......be guided

Calling him a FOOL was really unwise of you and irrelevant.. your message can still be passed without vulgar words

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fortuneforever: 2:19pm On Sep 01, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
Jesus.. Why will u talk to anybody like this? How dare u call anybody a fool? U should learn how to talk.. While Frank is knowledgeble, dommakaveli lives in Canada and i have plenty friends over there that will never believe this exploitation theory that we're selling here.. I personally don't beleive they're trying to just deceive us to get money else they would have given everybody the AIP na but they didn't.. Air ur view without insults

I tire oh!! Almost like he holds a personal grudge against the person smh

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 2:23pm On Sep 01, 2020
So much bad blood on this thread over nothing. No one is forcing anyone to believe anything or pay any tuition here. While some persons may appear knowledgeable based on their experience here, they are still speculating. In every speculation, there is more than 50% chance that they are wrong. As long as no one here works for the IRCC, we should all express our opinions and let things slide. People will do whatever they want to do anyway. Let's all relax and learn to celebrate our little victories, however short-lived. AIP or no AIP, those who will get their SPs will get them. Those who will not, will not. These things are beyond our control and permutations. Tensions are rising for everyone but ultimately, we gamble with uncertain odds and hope that they will be in our favour.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by vibes7: 2:28pm On Sep 01, 2020
Hi,

I have been reading the thread lately.

I have admission in the University of Regina. I tried to pay the Tuition deposit with the FLYWIRE but the extra charges is very high. I tried contacting the school to pay with my credit card on the phone but they say they are working remotely and Voicemail stated I can make payment at College west room 127.

Please does anyone know a student in University of regina I can use to make this payment from there. I know it kinda risky but knowing a nigerian student who is Regina, Canada will help alot. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Cleversheva9(m): 2:29pm On Sep 01, 2020
Which campus are you in, bro?
NairaLuck:

Come to Conestoga College �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DINO71: 2:36pm On Sep 01, 2020
Sending money to someone you dont know in Canada is very unwise, have you tried any Nigerian bank, although presently there's is no availability of forex
vibes7:
Hi,

I have admission in the University of Regina. I tried to pay the Tuition deposit with the FLYWIRE but the extra charges is very high. I tried contacting the school to pay with my credit card on the phone but they say they are working remotely and Voicemail stated I can make payment at College west room 127.

Please does anyone know a student in University of regina I can use to make this payment from there. I know it kinda risky but knowing a nigerian student who is Regina, Canada will help alot. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TimAke: 2:38pm On Sep 01, 2020
Again I see the usual topic of AIP as a trick Vs progress has risen again. All I’ll say is nobody is 100% sure of the outcome and that’s is understandable because non of us work with IRCC. We can only continue to reason things out and advise based on what we think the outcome might be. So no one should claim absolute knowledge about this thing.

If I remember clearly, someone dropped their gcms note received after AIP and these gave people some hope, now this guy’s refusal after AIP (mind you, no gcms note yet to really point out what the issue was) has got us back to arguments.

Also, please, everyone has the right to their own thinking, opinions and decision and to flat out rain insults on them because they are not in line with our thinking is very unfortunate.

Let’s apply wisdom and keep the love.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwubuikexo: 2:41pm On Sep 01, 2020
Thermodynamics:
Hello house, I have a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, I want to apply for a MSc degree in scientific computing (IT area).

What are my chances of getting the admission?

Both courses are quite unrelated, unless you have been working in the computing field since graduation. If not, your chances are quite slim for you'll have to convince the VO that your intentions are genuine
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ConradAce1(m): 2:42pm On Sep 01, 2020
Johlek:

Well, I think the restlessness is creeping in as a result of waiting so long for update and final decision. While the internet has numerous benefits which many of us has benefitted from in one way or the other, it is also rife with farce and sham news which the aim of the perpetrators is not farfetched.

This document that claims that a receiver of AIP was denied has been circulated from one platform to the other and many have claimed it to be largely doctored. This claim holds water since we are yet to see any other such occurrence. So do not say that many have paid fees after getting AIP and are now getting rejection. It won't be surprising that it's just one of the umpteenth fake documents online—one with basic knowledge of htmls could come up with something like that even the one showing rejection without biometrics. I'm not asserting that these documents are fake, try to listen to what I am not saying.

Tellingly, IRCC might be delaying sending out final decisions until a chunk of people who are yet to enroll for the biometrics do so; a measure that would align with the current battle against the novel Covid-19. As it has been iterated on this platform, AIPs and medical requests are major plusses and if you're yet to get one, keep the hope alive.

I believe it is important to stay calm at this moment and see how everything pans out instead of trying to predict what may not exist. Some applicants have waited since January, it's just 14days to September 15th and staying unperturbed despite the rumors would greatly help everyone.

Let us be calming down. May the month be fulfilling by God's grace.

You are much admired by me. Thanks but some times, be straight bro and don’t mix it. Tell as it is.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ConradAce1(m): 2:44pm On Sep 01, 2020
Pee2Jay9:

�� easy bro. But you said it still.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 2:47pm On Sep 01, 2020
As in eh.. See the kind of people that want to go to Canada.. If Nigeria and the black race was so good, why is s/he here struggling to go to the white man's land?? Until IRCC start begging people to come to their country, any anger is misguided

Fortuneforever:

I tire oh!! Almost like he holds a personal grudge against the person smh

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 2:51pm On Sep 01, 2020
It's like its only me that wasn't asked to pay Tuition deposit.. Which session & course are u for? Is there a deadline for the payment of the $500?

vibes7:
Hi,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ConradAce1(m): 2:58pm On Sep 01, 2020
lighthousearc:
This AIP thingy eeh you're on your own ooo, no follow mouth and no follow crowd....No one is paying anyone's tuition here and nobody sabi pass.

BUT FOR ME! i rather defer, get a rejection or approval with my money intact than play 50/50 chances with my AIP when Fanshawe College clearly stated i'm not allowed to start online classes without my SP because they won't refund if for any reason I get denied.

I'm just gonna sit and watch how this AIP thingy unfolds.....Highest if na rejection i have my cash intact na to reapply or stay back in Europe than make person dey tell me eeyah sorry oo.

Your approach is good for me.
Don’t be in a hurry for online studies & later get rejected after you have paid your Tuition.
Some schools are already pinning people to pay tuition.
You shall See complains when people start getting refusals & people saying they aren’t getting refunds because they began their classes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Naijaforeigner: 2:58pm On Sep 01, 2020
Very funny how people are suggesting IRCC is tricking students to pay tuition because they need the money to boost their economy grin

More than 70% of schools in Canada have advised students not to start courses until they get study permits, so how is IRCC trying to trick students?

Yes, students drive their economy but if they actually want to deceive students into paying tuition, IRCC would have easily given out visas to almost all fall students, tell them they cannot defer and then ask them to have 50% of their studies online. That way, everyone will be forced to pay their fees his fall and boom, the money will boost their economy.

You all saw one document suggesting the applicant got refused after AIP and you just assume it is real? lets even assume it is real, that is just 1 person in over how many students that has gotten AIP?

Over the years, people have actually been refused after receiving medical request and even after getting PPR. It is nothing new. People even get turned back at POE, is that also trickery? grin

Let's be clear, Yes, few people will be refused after this AIP but majority will get study permits. This is my opinion.

Over the years, I have always maintained that Canada's study permit process is faulty but this whole idea of tricking students to boost their economy is funny to me

The whites are definitely not perfect but this whole idea of trickery is funny. Everyone should calm down, defer your admissions if you have to, no one is tricking anyone. Be in constant communication with your school and follow whatever they tell you. All the best.

Stay positive and remain calm.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by librangyps(f): 3:00pm On Sep 01, 2020
femzyacess:

You be guided and never use such foul language here...
You might do that on other threads but here no matter your stand point you wont earn anyone's respect by using such language.

Even Frank will not approve of this in his defence.
Be guided and apologize to Don.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ConradAce1(m): 3:18pm On Sep 01, 2020
librangyps:

You be guided and never use such foul language here...
You might do that on other threads but here no matter your stand point you wont earn anyone's respect by using such language.

Even Frank will not approve of this in his defence.
Be guided and apologize to Don.

Hope he does. We are more than this.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by vibes7: 3:19pm On Sep 01, 2020
[quote author=Pee2Jay9 post=93461410]It's like its only me that wasn't asked to pay Tuition deposit.. Which session & course are u for? Is there a deadline for the payment of the $500?

Computer science I have until summer/spring seamester 2021.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by papijulah: 3:21pm On Sep 01, 2020
How best can an applicant trading Bitcoin convince the VO that he has been self sufficient for a while and he can sponsor himself. He has close to 10m in his account.

Applicant age 26

PGD in supply chain
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 3:28pm On Sep 01, 2020
This first day of Setempber shouldn't be a day of fighting but of gratitude.. 'Self-deceit' is ok if it makes u feel happy and keeps u hopeful.. Someone with AIP shared her GCMS Notes and I'll advice all expectants to actually stay hopeful until it is over.. Choosing to pay fees is entirely up to u, maybe u should get ur notes to be clearly sure.. Afterall, some pay fees before even applying

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 3:33pm On Sep 01, 2020
Then no need to rush na.. Lets be watching CBN and their BDC counterparts on their forex drama

[quote author=vibes7 post=93462338][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 3:49pm On Sep 01, 2020
Deferred my application since three weeks, now to update my deferral, I have to wait for deferral letter from the school come October. I hope this won't affect my application as I am yet to do Biometrics. No AIP nothing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jermaineayo: 3:56pm On Sep 01, 2020
Please, by 'expectants' do you mean people waiting for study permit or those on the verge of obtaining an AIP?

Pee2Jay9:
This first day of Setempber shouldn't be a day of fighting but of gratitude.. 'Self-deceit' is ok if it makes u feel happy and keeps u hopeful.. Someone with AIP shared her GCMS Notes and I'll advice all expectants to actually stay hopeful until it is over.. Choosing to pay fees is entirely up to u, maybe u should get ur notes to be clearly sure.. Afterall, some pay fees before even applying
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olasubomy: 4:02pm On Sep 01, 2020
I wish we can be a more civil on this thread. it does not look nice reading insult here and there.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 4:09pm On Sep 01, 2020
Cleversheva9:
Which campus are you in, bro?
Brantford
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nneteb(f): 4:20pm On Sep 01, 2020
Lol, you got me laughing with your statement on bold..
oma22:

So why can’t IRCC do that? Because they are God abi wetin? Our slave man mentality is too much, the way we see white folks as perfect or they can do no wrong. The way some people will say “IRCC cannot do this” or “how can IRCC do that” like say they be God. If the same where to be said about Nigeria you all will believe. Frank is right! They dangle this AIP in our faces so people can go ahead and start school and yet put the clause that “they will let you know of the final decision(approval or denial), infact some people are getting AIP in 3 days! 3 days oo!! All of a suden Canada that takes 4months to process visa on a normal day dey give approval under 3 days this period they are understaffed. I hate to be the bearer of bad news here but e go shock a lot of people. Wait till you get your full approval! Defer your studies, don’t take the bait! Frank is right! This is a bait! Canada makes a lot of money from international students and they are not above baiting people to pay fees to improve economy. The way u people think this people can do no wrong is funny. You better believe it, this is a bait! We all dey here, let’s watch and see.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (723)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.